The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Might have seen me then Speleo, I was at 2pm :biggrin:

No boats for me either, but I wouldn't be surprised if not everyone in the room sat the same test.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hey all,

If you're interested and on the facebook, you can join this group for all future Trinitarians:

http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2236767698&ref=mf

Cheers.
Reply 82
Name: kap220
Course: History
Offer: Well, I'm an American so its a bit different, but I'm pretty sure that its the equivalnet to one A.
Year of Entry: 2007

:smile:
Reply 83
Name: kap220
Course: History
Offer: Well, I'm an American so its a bit different, but I'm pretty sure that its the equivalnet to one A.
Year of Entry: 2007

congrats on your offer :smile:

Maybe I'll see you in October next yr:biggrin:
Reply 84
Jeff are you the only other economist for Trinity? Update your list buddy!
Reply 85
Hehehe - really sorry man!!! I haven't been on the forum for quite a while actually... I'll try and be more active hehe ^_^.

Good to see another Trinity Economist =P. Hopefully will see you next October!!!

- Jeff
Reply 86
Probably a waste of time asking this because I'll find out soon enough, but does anyone know how the room ballot works for 4th years? I want to know where I can expect to live. I think someone said they ballotted between the 3rd and 2nd years but I don't have any concrete info about it.
Reply 87
puppy
Probably a waste of time asking this because I'll find out soon enough, but does anyone know how the room ballot works for 4th years? I want to know where I can expect to live. I think someone said they ballotted between the 3rd and 2nd years but I don't have any concrete info about it.

That's exactly what happens non-scholar 4th years pick after 3rd years but before 2nd years as far as I know.
Reply 88
apd35
That's exactly what happens non-scholar 4th years pick after 3rd years but before 2nd years as far as I know.

Ugh, great, gona end up living in a **** hole.

On another note, the next person who comes to look at my room is going to wish they didn't.
Reply 89
puppy
Ugh, great, gona end up living in a **** hole.

On another note, the next person who comes to look at my room is going to wish they didn't.

Not necessarily, I was near the top of the 2nd year ballot, so behind where you'll be and managed to get a nice room.
Reply 90
puppy
It seems to depend. Last year most of the fourth years got relatively decent rooms. The year before that quite a few of them (mainly mathmos IIRC) ended up living quite far out (think Victoria Rd/Glisson Rd). It depends on Mr Trow's whim this year. I wouldn't hold out too much hope - the experience of me and my friends has been that he's pretty incompetent at the best of times. But hey, maybe that means you can go sweet-talk him into giving you somewhere nice.

I heard today that some third year was given I3 Great Court (v swanky) because of a disability, ahead of all the research and senior scholars. I'd love to know what disability means that you have to live up two flights of stairs, above the bar and next to the BA rooms and the JCR.
Reply 91
Yeah the unfairness of the balloting annoys me, I was told I couldn't move rooms without a realy good reason and yet a 2nd yr has moved in next to me into a room that I couldn't even get being near the top of the 3rd year ballot and I doubt they'll adjust their ballot for next year to take account of the fact they've lived in paradise for a year in a room they shouldn't have been able to get.

I lived in Histon road last year so frankly I want a palace next year. I'm not living somewhere that isn't ensuite though which limits my options. I'll pretty much have first pick of Burrells and there are some nice places over there so I figured I'd just get my pick of that and at least I'll be near the UL and my faculty for my final year. Although I think there are ensuites in Bridge Street aren't there? And they're not that popular so might be some left when I ballot.
Reply 92
You think they screwed you over? I was supposed to be moving into a double in A Great Court (best room in the whole college as far as I'm concerned) until Mr Trow informed me about two days before the ballot that he'd re-examined the rules and I wasn't even going to be balloted at all.

Not overly bothered now as I have a nice place in Portugal St, but I was fuming at the time. He didn't reply to my (admittedly very arsy) email, either.

Burrell's is nice, though. If I could get a decent room over there I probably would - it's right next to my faculty and it's close enough to town not to be a massive pain in the ass. Good luck!
Reply 93
Do you know which accommodation the first years will get next year?
Reply 94
Angel Court and Wolfson building mainly, with a few in Blue Boar (normally staircases O, I and T if I remember correctly).
Reply 95
Thanks.
I was expecting to be stuck much further out than that, so those places are good, even if some of them aren't the prettiest parts of the college :tongue:
Reply 96
Cexy
Angel Court and Wolfson building mainly, with a few in Blue Boar (normally staircases O, I and T if I remember correctly).

T is 3rd year accommodation with a few 2nd years. 1st years were there last year becaue of Wolfson being closed. O and I are def. for 1st years though.
Reply 97
How many rooms per staircase? (rough, general answer is fine)
Reply 98
Speleo
How many rooms per staircase? (rough, general answer is fine)

There is no answer, depends where it is. Anywhere between 2 and 25 or so.
Reply 99
Actually in first year areas it'll be quite a few. Wolfson has 20 rooms on each floor (except E floor) and Angel court has about 25 rooms on a few floors. About the same in I and O Blue Boar (I think I goes up to 26?) So you'll have a chance to meet plenty of people. All the rooms and staircases are so jumbled up though. Once you get into Whewells and Great Court there might only be a couple of room in a staircase, and the same in Burrells. It's not like they're all modern apartment blocks!

Latest