The Student Room Group

For I am confused.

Okay - I'm having a bit of a mind **** right now.

First I would like to point out that this topic is only about immigration workers and not about other public sector workers.

So, If I remember correctly last month or something there was some big drama llama because Immigration staff weren't doing there jobs properly (Yes I understand they were told not to but I didn't realise anyone could be so stupid to not actually do there job title/not have a moral dilemma about it) and now they are striking because there pensions are being attacked by ****ing twilight fans or something.

So.... Do I get this straight...Immigration workers, who last month failed at there jobs and let thousands of people in to Britain without the right checks are now striking because there pensions are being fried.

So...Not doing job

Striking because of pension cuts?

Have I missed one HUGE part of the story out or something or am I not understanding properly?

(I am being quite serious a bout me not understanding this situation, its not a troll)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Hold on, immigration workers purposely let too many untrained immigrants into our country? I think me and a Jeremy Clarkson would agree on what to do with them (the immigration workers, not the immigrants)!
Original post by Xyls
Have I missed one HUGE part of the story out or something or am I not understanding properly?

It's not just immigration workers. It's public sector workers who are having their pensions cut. That's what you're missing.
Reply 3
Original post by mfc1993DP
Hold on, immigration workers purposely let too many untrained immigrants into our country? I think me and a Jeremy Clarkson would agree on what to do with them (the immigration workers, not the immigrants)!

:clap2: :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by motunrolarulz
It's not just immigration workers. It's public sector workers who are having their pensions cut. That's what you're missing.

No that's not what I am missing, As i stated in my OP.

First I would like to point out that this topic is only about immigration workers
Reply 5
Original post by motunrolarulz

although (excluding those who work for organisations like inland revenue, who can ethically afford to miss a day) surely medical staff and educational staff are being just as (if not more) lax about there jobs as the immigration officials by striking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending