University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Anyone applied to Northampton?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hey guys!

I just logged into my accomodation application account and the status of my application has been changed to "Allocated", (although I never recieved an email about it :s) but when I click "room offers" there isn't one.
So what does this mean exactly? Does it mean that I'm going to get a room at halls but they've not decided which one yet? Is anyone elses application like this? :redface:
Northampton
Visit website
Reply 101
Give them a call, I two....

First Email:
Accommodation Application Ref: 3872

I am pleased to offer you a place in the halls of residence.

Please log on to your online account to accept or decline this offer:

https://eaccom.northampton.ac.uk/eaccom

Second Email:
Thank you for accepting this accommodation at the University of Northampton.

Your room is W/C 36:6 in hall Flat 36

Your licence period commences on 24 September 2011 and concludes on 16 June 2012.

Information, including arrival instructions and what to bring with you to your accommodation, will be sent to you prior to arrival.

We look forward to greeting you upon your arrival.

The second email came... a day or two later :smile: So wouldn't worry.
Reply 102
Original post by MrHunter
Give them a call, I two....

First Email:
Accommodation Application Ref: 3872

I am pleased to offer you a place in the halls of residence.

Please log on to your online account to accept or decline this offer:

https://eaccom.northampton.ac.uk/eaccom

Second Email:
Thank you for accepting this accommodation at the University of Northampton.

Your room is W/C 36:6 in hall Flat 36

Your licence period commences on 24 September 2011 and concludes on 16 June 2012.

Information, including arrival instructions and what to bring with you to your accommodation, will be sent to you prior to arrival.

We look forward to greeting you upon your arrival.

The second email came... a day or two later :smile: So wouldn't worry.

Oh. This has me a bit worried now :frown: Do you mind if I ask what kind of room you applied for?

I'll email or ring them now actually, I seriously hope I get the kind of room I pick as my first choice :frown:
Reply 103
Hey, Mine also says allocated. I think we just have to wait until we get an email saying what they have given us :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by echeee
Oh. This has me a bit worried now :frown: Do you mind if I ask what kind of room you applied for?

I'll email or ring them now actually, I seriously hope I get the kind of room I pick as my first choice :frown:

I'm a second year, but I remember it took a few day's for the contract to become available. Would not worry! You have til like.. the end of June before you have to accept one. And to be honest I am sure you will :biggrin: I got my first choice, and so did a lot of other people that I know. :smile:

And I am in William Carey as I type this aha :biggrin:
Reply 105
Oh and I chose single en-suite!
Reply 106
Original post by chez94
Hey, Mine also says allocated. I think we just have to wait until we get an email saying what they have given us :smile:

Ah okay, glad to know I'm not the only one without accomodation already :tongue:

I'm a second year, but I remember it took a few day's for the contract to become available. Would not worry! You have til like.. the end of June before you have to accept one. And to be honest I am sure you will :biggrin: I got my first choice, and so did a lot of other people that I know. :smile:

And I am in William Carey as I type this aha :biggrin:

Ahh ok! I thought you meant you were going into first year.
That's a little relief off my back, also seeing as I'm hoping on Bassett... :]

Ahhh thats good to know! Hope I get it haha.

Thanks for your input guys. :smile:
I have also put William Carey as my first preference. :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by echeee
Hey guys!

I just logged into my accomodation application account and the status of my application has been changed to "Allocated", (although I never recieved an email about it :s) but when I click "room offers" there isn't one.
So what does this mean exactly? Does it mean that I'm going to get a room at halls but they've not decided which one yet? Is anyone elses application like this? :redface:

I'm in the same position. Hope they reply soon!
Reply 109
heyy,
Changing the subject here(!) but anyone know what the nightlife is like in Northampton.. whenever i google it ect i just get loadsa stuff about that unfourtunate incident with that girl :/ xx
Reply 110
Original post by Lauren_C
heyy,
Changing the subject here(!) but anyone know what the nightlife is like in Northampton.. whenever i google it ect i just get loadsa stuff about that unfourtunate incident with that girl :/ xx

Everytime I've been out I've had a good time, (although most of the time I've been in Irthlingborough, not Northants...) still though, it depends on your scene. I've not been to any of the clubs myself, but I've heared good things about them, and there's some not too far away from the railway station, which is handy if you're going to live on Avenue.

If you perfere pubs there are some really nice ones in Northampton town square that I had an enjoyable evening in, there's a few Weatherspoons too.
:biggrin:
Reply 111
oh good well im just glad there are some haha! im from sheffield and when i went to look around the town, it was lovely in the daytime it just seemed like itd be kinda quiet :P thankyouu :biggrin: x
Reply 112
I emailed them earlier and this is what they said:

If your status has been updated to ‘allocated’ it means we have provisionally allocated you a room in halls of residence the next step will be to confirm your room offer and at that point your room offer would be ready.

Please bear with us as we process your accommodation offer, you should be hearing from us soon.

Best Wishes

So I guess anyone with "Allocated" has been allocated a provisional room already, which means we'll just have a wait a bit.
Just to clarify things for anyone. :smile:
Reply 113
Ive only been out twice in northampton and both been good times. Not as crowded as the cities i.e nottingham. I tend to go around Rushden town pubs and i like it.
Reply 114
oh cool :smile: thats the only draw back to sheff.. it can get really really busy! ahh good i do like a pub too though :wink: xx
Reply 115
Night life is pretty good to be honest.... something every night... you got nbs which is cool, and propaganda.. revs.. embargoes.. everything is pretty fun. There's more than that though! Loads of cool pubs and bars. (There's a road with like... 20 pubs etc)but yea not bad at all! Taxis are pretty cheap too, and drinks are cheap everywhere! :smile: Freshers will be good. : D

Oh... and su is cheap too I'm here right now!
[QUOTE="MrHunter;37608831"]
Original post by MichaelACH

Books are a bit rubbish for programming in my opinion (they are incredibly boring and hard to understand if you have never programmed before) some great tutorials from a guy on youtube called thenewboston though. We just had our exams not too long ago and it was a nightmare :/

But yea, you want to learn Java fundamentals (Data types.. how to structure programs etc constructors methods) and then how to build your own methods.... and constructors! There's a lot to be honest, but basics and writing simple console applications (but in the second semester there will probably be some basic GUI design with implementation of logic) I have all the last years lecture notes if you want any of them.... There is a Software Engineering module that is a nightmare, and a problem solving module that uses quite a lot of Java, so yea! Lot's to brush up on.

Would also recommend taking a look into internet programming related languages (HTML / CSS / JS "JavaScript").

And lastly start brushing up on things like Binary and C and basic systems (Computer Systems Module). The maths module is quite heavily formal mathematics so if you have a background in maths you should find it quite easy, computer communications you won't need to read up on too much either.

Sorry for the essay! I'm offski to bed, but yes. If you want any of the lecture notes for the last year please let me know, got mine + the slides + previous assignments (grade A work might I add). ^^! It's a great computing department, there are a couple of odd teachers. But if you are serious about taking Computer Systems the teachers are pretty awesome to be honest!

Oh and forgot, if you want to be part of the cool crowd I would recommend doing some reading into Linux as one way or another the labs use them on some of the computers if you want.

ALSO http://www.computing.northampton.ac.uk/ has some of the modules on but not all of them. So would take a look at the first year stuff.

Did you have a tour of the Newton Building?

Yea i have, i went up there on one of the open days in February.
Thanks allot man all this i will definitely look into, you have really helped me see what to prepare for, sounds like i have allot of hard work ahead of me, didn't realize it was so broad, such a open course, hopefully i get through it :smile:.
Whats the first month like from starting uni to the actual work?
Reply 117
[QUOTE="MichaelACH;37649157"]

Yea i have, i went up there on one of the open days in February.
Thanks allot man all this i will definitely look into, you have really helped me see what to prepare for, sounds like i have allot of hard work ahead of me, didn't realize it was so broad, such a open course, hopefully i get through it :smile:.
Whats the first month like from starting uni to the actual work?

First year is quite easy... but if you want good grades I'd recommend learning before hand. Also it's mainly all assignment based with a few exams last semester.... so I'd take the time to start on your next year. Your doing systems.... so learn C as it's going to be used ALOT. Buy yea you'll be fine... :smile: might see you around aha!
[QUOTE="MrHunter;37650075"]
Original post by MichaelACH

First year is quite easy... but if you want good grades I'd recommend learning before hand. Also it's mainly all assignment based with a few exams last semester.... so I'd take the time to start on your next year. Your doing systems.... so learn C as it's going to be used ALOT. Buy yea you'll be fine... :smile: might see you around aha!

What about the Computing course? Does that follow the same as Comp Systems Engineering? Recommendations for things to catch up on?
Guys you might want to check your room offers :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending