The Student Room Group

Chemistry A-level

I love chemistry alevel, but seriously when do you ever get a break?!
is it just me or does everyone else think its alot of work?

Scroll to see replies

Hmm, the only bit i like about it is organic chemistry..apart from that its pretty boring so far :erm:
Reply 2
seriously? i hate the organic bit, i think the calculations are the easiest-moles, conc,volume and that crap
what ISA you doing?
Reply 3
I've done no work in chemistry this year :| I need to start soon, so you can I havent had a break since i havent started. l will tell how it goes in jan
Original post by desijut
I've done no work in chemistry this year :| I need to start soon, so you can I havent had a break since i havent started. l will tell how it goes in jan

:rolleyes:

Sorry but come on..
Reply 5
we got a scheme of work we had to complete, i started since october, and i still think i havent got enough time to get everything perfect for jan, especially with everything else, what other alevels you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by AClockworkOrange
:rolleyes:

Sorry but come on..

'tis true. Outside of the class i have done hardly anything. The odd homework here or there and sometimes not even that...

The Rate Equation stuff and Equilibria I followed easily and in the practice tests(at school) got 80%, Acids and Bases, got 75% but organic, with all the memory work on reagants, mechanisms and catalyst has just completely lost me.
Revising chemistry right this minute (well just finish as i'm on tsr) but yeah it's a lot of work :s-smilie:
i dislike the organic stuff like and nmr spec
Reply 8
Original post by JinnJamez
pointless comment on a pointless thread

if its pointless, why you commenting on it then?
Reply 9
ah im doing aqa
Original post by desijut
'tis true. Outside of the class i have done hardly anything. The odd homework here or there and sometimes not even that...

The Rate Equation stuff and Equilibria I followed easily and in the practice tests(at school) got 80%, Acids and Bases, got 75% but organic, with all the memory work on reagants, mechanisms and catalyst has just completely lost me.

Well now is about time to start, you don't want to regret it later on.
Chem requires a lot of work. At least it does compared to my other subjects Chem is the only one I feel the need to go over and over again.

But enough about me.. :tongue:
Chemistry :love:

No wait, let me rephrase that:

Chemistry :sexface:
Reply 12
Well now is about time to start, you don't want to regret it later on.
Chem requires a lot of work. At least it does compared to my other subjects Chem is the only one I feel the need to go over and over again.

But enough about me.. :tongue:

Yeah, i have an interview on monday, so after that, maths will get a break, then i will pay some attention to chemistry and physics. Oh yeah i have to go through S2 in maths too, so i will throw that in(and a few papers for M3 and S1). Once i do this, it should be christmas time. So plenty of time to do past papers, go over weak areas, etc.
Reply 13
im doing physics too, i think its harder than chemistry
Original post by desijut
Yeah, i have an interview on monday, so after that, maths will get a break, then i will pay some attention to chemistry and physics. Oh yeah i have to go through S2 in maths too, so i will throw that in(and a few papers for M3 and S1). Once i do this, it should be christmas time. So plenty of time to do past papers, go over weak areas, etc.

Good luck with your interview :smile: Tbh, there are always neglected subjects but don't let chem and physics get too far behind. Now I miss Maths :frown:.
Chemistry is pretty straightforward if you just do your work. :smile:
Reply 16
Good luck with your interview :smile: Tbh, there are always neglected subjects but don't let chem and physics get too far behind. Now I miss Maths :frown:.

Cheers :smile:

btw, Physics isnt too bad since half of it overlaps with Mechanics in maths so that's a whole chunk i dont need to go over again!

Yeah maths is awesome. Replace all lessons with maths and i will be a lot more interested lol
Original post by desijut
Cheers :smile:

btw, Physics isnt too bad since half of it overlaps with Mechanics in maths so that's a whole chunk i dont need to go over again!

Yeah maths is awesome. Replace all lessons with maths and i will be a lot more interested lol

Yep, I assumed. The people who do further maths in my school suggested that there was some overlap or just perhaps more practice with "maths" in general really.

Lol, I wouldn't go quite that far. But yeah no wonder you're applying for Maths then, you must find interviews a breeze considering you're such an enthusiast. :smile:
Reply 18
i don't want to jinx my self, but i love chemistry. it's really interesting and logical...

i'm sucking so badly atm though
Reply 19
Yep, I assumed. The people who do further maths in my school suggested that there was some overlap or just perhaps more practice with "maths" in general really.

Lol, I wouldn't go quite that far. But yeah no wonder you're applying for Maths then, you must find interviews a breeze considering you're such an enthusiast. :smile:

It's a bit of a strange one, i really want to go and see what they ask me and show them what i've got, but at the same time im getting very very nervous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending