Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Film and Television Production 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I wanted to post all the unis that I applied to and see if anyone else had recieved and offers/interviews yet?
    and also from students already at the uni to tell me what the course is really like and if they enjoy, plus general uni life as well! I hope you can help haha.

I applied to the following:

- Bournemouth University - Wiltshire College - Film Production and Cinematograpy (Interview)
    - University of Hertfordshire - Film and Television Production Fiction (Conditional Offer)
    - University of Arts London - Film and Television
    - Middlesex University - Television Production (Conditional Offer)
    - Ravensbourne - Digital Film Production

Would really like to know what its like at wiltshire college especially as i cant seem to find much info on other students attending the course!

Help will be greatly appreciated
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to:

Newport - Film and Video
    AUCB - Film Production
    Westminster - Film and Television Production
    Hertfordshire - Film and Television Production
    Glouscestershire - Digital Film Production

I have received a conditional offer from Hertfordshire, done the questionnaire for Westminster and have been told that they will tell me next year if I will be invited to an interview, only received an acknowledgement letter from AUCB. Haven't heard anything from Newport and Glouscestershire. Worried about Newport becuase I really loved it so would like to get an interview.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to-

AUCB- Film Production
    Westminster- Film & TV Production
    UWE- Film making and creative video
    Royal Holloway- Media Arts

and Oxford Brookes for media and communications with psychology (not quite TV & Film production lol)

I've had an acknowledgement and track stuff from AUCB and UWE. I'm currently doing the Westminster questionnaire now.

Good Luck peeps :-)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    york - film & tv production
    royal holloway - media arts
    sheffield hallam - film & tv production
    westminster - film & tv production
    staffordshire - media production

got an interview for york next wednesday and i have an offer from royal holloway. i got the questionnaire from westminster but never did it lol and an acknowledgement from sheffield hallam
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to all of you for responding! Its really nice to see where people have applied etc I wish I'd applied to Royal Holloway that course looks great! Definitely missed that good one ahha. well done on all offers/interviews!
    MissBlueskys: Im scared hertfordshire are going to reject me as it seems lots of people already have offers / interviews etc from there! :s

Good luck to you all!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metric)
    got an interview for york next wednesday and i have an offer from royal holloway. i got the questionnaire from westminster but never did it lol and an acknowledgement from sheffield hallam
    When did you send your UCAS off? Holloway is one of top choices.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam2987)
    When did you send your UCAS off? Holloway is one of top choices.
    mid October, what about you? yeah I loved RHUL good luck
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to-

AUCB- Film Production
    Westminster- Film & TV Production
    UWE- Film making and creative video
    Royal Holloway- Media Arts

and Oxford Brookes for media and communications with psychology (not quite TV & Film production lol)

I've had an acknowledgement and track stuff from AUCB and UWE. I'm currently doing the Westminster questionnaire now.

Good Luck peeps :-)
    Hey, make sure you keep checking your track thing from AUCB! I applied there too, and checked to find that I have an interview. They didn't email me details through my UCAS email. Just make sure you keep checking, because I didn't until recently and the message had been sat in my track for like 4-5 days
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I'm from down in Cornwall and have applied for:

AUCB - Film Production (which I have an interview for on the 19th Dec)
    Bournemouth Uni - Television (which I have an interview for on the 20th Dec)
    Hertfordshire/Hatfield Uni - Film and TV (which I have a conditional offer for)
    Falmouth - Film
    Newport - Film and Video
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBlueskys)
    I have applied to:

Newport - Film and Video
    AUCB - Film Production
    Westminster - Film and Television Production
    Hertfordshire - Film and Television Production
    Glouscestershire - Digital Film Production

I have received a conditional offer from Hertfordshire, done the questionnaire for Westminster and have been told that they will tell me next year if I will be invited to an interview, only received an acknowledgement letter from AUCB. Haven't heard anything from Newport and Glouscestershire. Worried about Newport becuase I really loved it so would like to get an interview.
    Yeah, I got a conditional from Hertfordshire too! I could have sworn they said they were interviewing everyone. I'm not complaining though! I went to a Newport open day and it looks fantastic right? I put down there too, and I have had responses from nearly everywhere else, but not them. I'm sure they'll get to us soon enough
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metric)
    mid October, what about you? yeah I loved RHUL good luck
    Oh that's cool. I sent mine off a couple weeks ago. Still lots of time then! :-)

(Original post by halsmith)
    Hey, make sure you keep checking your track thing from AUCB! I applied there too, and checked to find that I have an interview. They didn't email me details through my UCAS email. Just make sure you keep checking, because I didn't until recently and the message had been sat in my track for like 4-5 days
    Thanks for that- I'll check it in a bit. Kind of weird an email isn't sent out! :-/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I posted quite a few messages tonight so I just decided to stick them all together in this post.

Post 1
    Yeah, I got a conditional from Hertfordshire too! I could have sworn they said they were interviewing everyone. I'm not complaining though! I went to a Newport open day and it looks fantastic right? I put down there too, and I have had responses from nearly everywhere else, but not them. I'm sure they'll get to us soon enough
    Hi, When I went to the Hertfordshire, I asked the lecturer for portfolio advice and he told me they didn't do interviews. Was kind of relieved, one less interview to worry over I am completely in love with Newport, I think cause it is so different to london and everyone was so friendly. Hopefully they do get round to us. Good luck with your interview at AUCB! That is the one I am most worried about, they have such high standards

Post 2
    Thank you so much for posting this! I read it and thought I might as well just check and I had a message saying I have an interview for the 19th Dec! I am so happy, I just went and woke up my sister. She is pretty annoyed but I am still happy. And also very worried as this will be my first interview and I am amazingly awkward/shy person. But ohh yeahhh! I really need some sleep

Post 3
    I was just wondering if, the people applying to AUCB, are going straight from A Level/BTEC or Foundation? They say the most common feedback to unsuccessful applicants is to do a Foundation. I am coming from just A Levels and very little, 2 days, work experience. Slightly worried.

Post 4
    Hi Guys,

I'm from down in Cornwall and have applied for:

AUCB - Film Production (which I have an interview for on the 19th Dec)
    Sorry, I know have quoted you like five times. (I really shouldn't have found out in the middle of the night) You see on the portfolio guidelines it says "We will be particulary interested in how you have responded to a given brief" Is there anywhere on the message that states this brief? Or have you received any information about it through emails/letters?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBlueskys)
    [B]
    I was just wondering if, the people applying to AUCB, are going straight from A Level/BTEC or Foundation? They say the most common feedback to unsuccessful applicants is to do a Foundation. I am coming from just A Levels and very little, 2 days, work experience. Slightly worried.
    I did a BTEC Nat Dip in media moving image. I got an email saying they want a grade C in maths which I don't have- But they also said that if I get an offer I have to have achieved a C before enrollment. AUCB is one of my top choices too, but I feel the same about their standards too. Good luck in your interview
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did a BTEC Nat Dip in media moving image. I got an email saying they want a grade C in maths which I don't have- But they also said that if I get an offer I have to have achieved a C before enrollment. AUCB is one of my top choices too, but I feel the same about their standards too. Good luck in your interview
    I would really hate to lose out just for not doing art. Hopefully they accept more people from A Level and BTEC. Thank you! Good Luck to you too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well look at this way- If we don't get into AUCB were clearly too good for them!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, I do A level Art, Photography and Media Studies. I am applying straight from Sixth Form, but luckily I am predicted A*A*A on my UCAS ... Which I am happy with
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont think I've seen anyone so far has applied to this uni but just got a conditional from Middlesex!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest- Where do people think the best places to study for film & TV are?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest- Where do people think the best places to study for film & TV are?
    The best one that incorporates both is Hertfordshire, in my opinion. Westminster does the course too but they only do a module on television.
    I am more interested in just Film though so I haven't looked into many film and tv courses.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you guys go to the Royal Holloway open day for the Media arts course?

If anyone has any information on the course, such as stuff like what kind of cameras do they use(do they ever use film?), if its more theory or practical based and other information.

I'm just curious. I attended their Royal Holloway film school competition last year , their editing suites were nice, studio seemed alright too, teachers were nice, but I didn't really ask much about the course as I didn't apply to it, would be nice to find out more about the course now though as I might be looking at the possibility of transfering.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.