The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody been in contact with UCL to find a date they plan to have sent out all offers by? The wait is killing me D:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 261
I knooow exactly how you feel, its so bad im trying to build up a defence to i wont be so heartbroked when they reject me but its so difficult. it has to be soon, its so late for interviews now so just waiting on them to reject me :'( they really know how to string it out. All you other ones waiting to hear from UCL where else did you apply? and what for? straight law? or law with something?
Reply 262
heartbroked? yeah im def going to get an offer with grammar like that haha :tongue: *heartbroken
Original post by peacefrog
I knooow exactly how you feel, its so bad im trying to build up a defence to i wont be so heartbroked when they reject me but its so difficult. it has to be soon, its so late for interviews now so just waiting on them to reject me :'( they really know how to string it out. All you other ones waiting to hear from UCL where else did you apply? and what for? straight law? or law with something?

Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Kent for straight Law, offers for all. I kind of wish I'd applied to better ones now though :/
Reply 264

I applied to Manchester, Reading, Sussex, Westminister and UCL as well
I know the feeling, just wish they would hurry up.
Reply 265
Stilled haven't heard anything yet. I sent my application in October and it has been 5 months!!! Seeing that so many people out there haven't received their offers yet, I conjecture that UCL has not finished processing the decisions. I was told, however, by the LLB admissions officer, that the majority of decisions would be processed by mid February and all decisions would be processed by the end of March.

I also voluntarily sent an email to UCL a month ago with some supporting documents but no one confirmed that they could receive them. :confused:

Is it good news or bad news to be waiting like this?
Reply 266
Original post by Rolandxy
Stilled haven't heard anything yet. I sent my application in October and it has been 5 months!!! Seeing that so many people out there haven't received their offers yet, I conjecture that UCL has not finished processing the decisions. I was told, however, by the LLB admissions officer, that the majority of decisions would be processed by mid February and all decisions would be processed by the end of March.

I also voluntarily sent an email to UCL a month ago with some supporting documents but no one confirmed that they could receive them. :confused:

Is it good news or bad news to be waiting like this?

I personally feel it's a good thing! It means you application is still being taken into consideration. I have friends who haven't been so lucky >< They received immediate rejections less than a month after submitting their applications :s-smilie:
Reply 267

Hey Im still waiting for UCL to reply and like you I'm preparing myself for a reject...I also applied to QM, SOAS, City and Westminster for a staright law degeree...Heard from all of em, so if UCL reject me then QM it is...:wink:

wbu?
Original post by Rolandxy

Firstly I will address this quote^^ I did this as well. UCL don't respond to emails, I have found. (see below) I followed up the emailed extra info that I sent with a phone call to check they had got it, they looked for it while on the phone and printed and put it with my application (or whatever) I THEN got a confirmation email about it.

Secondly, NEWSFLASH FOR UCL LAW APPLICANTS

I spoke to an Admissions person the other day Re: my application, after having emailed a couple of times and receiving zilch responses, and she said "We have received 11% more applications this year and the process has been delayed by staff illness" So I take this as a reason why they seem particularly slow at getting back. So don't assume the worst, I'd say, keep optimistic! She said they will still be ok, she thinks, to have decided everything by the end of March, which was quite helpful.

The UNhelpful part was that she said "Can I take your UCAS number... *looks it up*... Yes, your application has reached a decision, it will go through the system and you should be emailed by UCAS by the end of the week." She couldn't tell me over the phone...! (of course) The only thing more annoying than not knowing whether you're in or not is knowing that somebody else, somewhere, DOES know already! Grrr.... oh well, wait and see. I think I'm going to reject it anyway. Good luck to everyone else!! UCL is amazing!
Reply 269
Original post by Laskar15
Hey Im still waiting for UCL to reply and like you I'm preparing myself for a reject...I also applied to QM, SOAS, City and Westminster for a staright law degeree...Heard from all of em, so if UCL reject me then QM it is...:wink:

wbu?

the exact same as me, ive got a conditional offer from QM so thats gonna be my first choice when UCL reject me, its to do english and european law. Really good luck i hope you hear soooon, and we could totally see each other in sept in QM! i take it you're from london judging by all your choices? or do you just really love it haha
Original post by Borderline
Has anybody been in contact with UCL to find a date they plan to have sent out all offers by? The wait is killing me D:

When I emailed them I got this:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

The Faculty of Laws has received over 2700 applications this year. Unfortunately, there has not been a decision on your application yet. The Faculty of Laws are aiming to have all decisions for LLB course applications made, and processed, by the end of March.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries."

So HOPEFULLY we'll all hear back before the end of March :tongue:
Original post by Laskar15

wbu?

Sorry for butting in, but this is so weird, we've applied to literally the same uni's, except I've applied to Middlesex instead of Westminster :tongue:
Reply 272
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Firstly I will address this quote^^ I did this as well. UCL don't respond to emails, I have found. (see below) I followed up the emailed extra info that I sent with a phone call to check they had got it, they looked for it while on the phone and printed and put it with my application (or whatever) I THEN got a confirmation email about it.

Secondly, NEWSFLASH FOR UCL LAW APPLICANTS

I spoke to an Admissions person the other day Re: my application, after having emailed a couple of times and receiving zilch responses, and she said "We have received 11% more applications this year and the process has been delayed by staff illness" So I take this as a reason why they seem particularly slow at getting back. So don't assume the worst, I'd say, keep optimistic! She said they will still be ok, she thinks, to have decided everything by the end of March, which was quite helpful.

The UNhelpful part was that she said "Can I take your UCAS number... *looks it up*... Yes, your application has reached a decision, it will go through the system and you should be emailed by UCAS by the end of the week." She couldn't tell me over the phone...! (of course) The only thing more annoying than not knowing whether you're in or not is knowing that somebody else, somewhere, DOES know already! Grrr.... oh well, wait and see. I think I'm going to reject it anyway. Good luck to everyone else!! UCL is amazing!

Gahhhh :smile:.
Reply 273
ooh jesus :s-smilie:
Reply 274
Original post by Borderline

I became really impatient last week so rang them up and they said that all the responses would be out by the end of March.

I received an offer today :biggrin: I know it's annoying but just be patient and the email will come when you least expect it!
Reply 275
Last year's acceptance rate was 6%..... );
Reply 276
Rejected 25 minutes ago. King's College London for me.
Bye bye UCL thread
:biggrin:
Reply 277
Original post by j_2
Yep, I received offers from HKU and CUHK but I really really want UCL so fingers crossed to both of us! How about you? :smile:

Haha I applied to HKU and CUHK too.:biggrin: I had my interviews in December but since I'm applying through JUPAS I'll only know the result of my application after I get my exam results. :P

Yeah I want UCL too. Good luck to us!!
Reply 278
Original post by Justme!
Rejected 25 minutes ago. King's College London for me.
Bye bye UCL thread
:biggrin:

KCL is awesome.
Reply 279
Original post by AK0001
KCL is awesome.

Thank you, thought I would be disappointed when the rejection came through mais au contraire, I'm feeling happier than I've ever been in the last 6 months.
Finally, this ****ty UCAS process is over!
Btw, where are you going AK0001?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending