The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

:angry: HI I got a rejection from both Nottingham and Kings.
Any chances with UCL?
Lnat score under 20:mad:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do you know your LNAT was under 20?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
It was a hint from an admissions office!
Reply 3
Ah, right. I'm assuming it was Nottingham, as I've heard King's don't give out reasons for rejections?

If it was well under 20, and given how much emphasis UCL place on the LNAT, I think the chance of an offer is unlikely unless everything else about your application is perfect.
@APIS... May I ask what your GCSE grades and As Levels Grades, as well as your predictions. Once you tell me these, I think I'd be in a better place to give my opinion on whether you have a chance with UCL.As it has been stated above, UCL to place great emphasis on good LNAT scores according to many people, but as a person who is also applying this year for law at UCL also, I cannot comment as I am of course no expert.
Reply 5
Original post by KnowstheLaw
@APIS... May I ask what your GCSE grades and As Levels Grades, as well as your predictions. Once you tell me these, I think I'd be in a better place to give my opinion on whether you have a chance with UCL.As it has been stated above, UCL to place great emphasis on good LNAT scores according to many people, but as a person who is also applying this year for law at UCL also, I cannot comment as I am of course no expert.

What are your qualifications?
Reply 6
Does anyone have a law offer from UCL yet?
The waiting is horrible!
Reply 7

Gcses 8A* 2A 1B english language
5 As A 1 B
A2 A*AAA predicted
One of my friends got an offer today for law at ucl. His grades were outstanding though, probably up there with the best in the country.
Reply 9
One of my friends got an offer today for law at ucl. His grades were outstanding though, probably up there with the best in the country.

Oh great. That makes me feel confident..not haha!!
Original post by er123
Oh great. That makes me feel confident..not haha!!

Haha apologies.... I'm waiting to hear back, so i'm equally as nervous too!
Reply 11
Same here, waiting.
I think I did the multiple choice part fine, but not quite sure about the essay.
I do the IB, and my predicted grades are good (42-43/45).
Reply 12
Original post by shirley0y
Same here, waiting.
I think I did the multiple choice part fine, but not quite sure about the essay.
I do the IB, and my predicted grades are good (42-43/45).

You dont get scored on the essay so dont fret too much about that. Its mainly the score from multiple choice that matters the most. You never know many UCL wont even read the essays. Lets hope we get lucky :woo:
Reply 13
Original post by Eternal*
You dont get scored on the essay so dont fret too much about that. Its mainly the score from multiple choice that matters the most. You never know many UCL wont even read the essays. Lets hope we get lucky :woo:

Hope we hear soon--apparently UCL's started giving offers and rejections. Good luck to us both, fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by shirley0y
Hope we hear soon--apparently UCL's started giving offers and rejections. Good luck to us both, fingers crossed! :smile:

Defo fingers and toes crossed
Reply 15
Still patiently waiting...... :woo:
Reply 16
one of my mates got a rejection from UCL due to her lnat... I'm still waiting for my offer
Got rejected the other day. Asked for feedback, and the woman said that they don't give feedback to students because it is a 'long and arduous task with the number of applicants they receive'. The woman however said she'd log into my ucas, while we spoke to give me pointers, in where my application may have been weak. She assessed my application, whilst on the phone to me and then came out with 'your application is actually a strong one with good grades and good reference'. I then asked whether it was my LNAT score that may have been my downfall, and she exclaimed 'no, that was not a poor score' however she obviously could not tell me what is is. She then went on to say about how fierce the competition is for places, and how I'm competing against the 'best', so ucl do have to disregard strong applicants as they usually have around 2700 applicants for straight LLB law. Feel slightly hard done by:frown:
when do we get our LNAT scores back officially? Also are UCL not bothering with interviews before offers now?
Original post by MrFlash1994
when do we get our LNAT scores back officially? Also are UCL not bothering with interviews before offers now?

I believe you get your LNAT score at the end of January or very early February. In terms of interviews at UCL, the woman I spoke to said they don't normally interview for straight law, however they do usually for law with european legal system etc.

Mr Flash, am I right in saying you have an offer from warwick? What were your academics if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest