The Student Room Group

What do you think of the new BBC homepage

Poll

Do you like the new BBC homepage

As the title says, do you like the new BBC homepage?
www.bbc.co.uk

Is there anything TSR could learn from for it's own homepage?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's like anything new really, you'll get used to it.
It looks better than what came before, and I like it, but I personally just jump straight to the News site anyway and rarely see the homepage for the whole BBC.

Now the big news is, what does everybody think of the new YouTube homepage? :tongue:
Reply 3
Nah, i prefer the old one. It was more organized. I dont know where to look with this one
Why do they keep changing it!
Reply 5
J
OP
it's a lot more visual, lots of pictures. I'm finding i'm navigating it using those pictures, clicking on the things that look interesting, rather than reading the words
Reply 6
Looks like it has been downgraded and created by a YTS doing website design.
News - unchanged.
Sport - unchanged.
iPlayer - unchanged.

I honestly don't care about the homepage.
Reply 8
Hate the new 1 :frown:
I really dislike it, but like others have said its proberly because its new, Im sure I will get used to it.
Same as the new Youtube layout Im not a fan of that either.
Reply 10
I like it :borat:

But I only really go on the News and iPlayer so I wouldn't have noticed the change if I hadn't seen this thread.
Reply 11
No. It's a news page, not some pointless web 2.0 crap
I like it, seems less cluttered and clearer as its a very busy page the white background helps, I don't think tsr could take anything particular from it though. Personally don't use it though as normally go direct to news/weather/iplayer. (new weather on the hand I don't really like but thats probably becuase I'm not used to it)
it's moving with the times, it's alright, not crazy about it but will get used to it.
Reply 14
TSR needs to fix its banner at the top - since the christmas TSR logo, I'm missing a banner at the top, I only get the TSR logo at the top left and then just pure blue along the header with a white outline.
Godawful... It used to be clear where everything was, now its just seems to be a mish-mash of everything in a scroll menu thing...

I suspect that either I'm right - or, I'm an idiot and just haven't found all of the features... I reckon it's a mixture of the two...
Reply 16
I don't like it and I don't like the new youtube or msn page either, but I'll probably get used to it.
Reply 17
Looks like it was designed by a work experience intern with ADHD and a few hours of flash tutorials under his belt.

Do not want.
Crap
Reply 19
Dislike it. Too many pictures and I don't like the structure of it. I don't like the way it scrolls from side to side at the top.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending