The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

got an offer for Acting :smile: anyone else?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
2 conditional offers from UCLAN

Forensic Science 280 points including Biology
Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation 240 points
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Rejected "Your predicted grades indicate that it is unlikely that you will meet our minimum entry
requirements." The course is 240-280 UCAS points and I'm predicted 280 which I find bizarre, I don't do general studies or anything like that, I do "proper subjects". I'm not really that fussed as this was my second fall back option but oh well...
I applied for MLaw exempting for 2012, but decided to substitute my offer.
Original post by Shmally123
Rejected "Your predicted grades indicate that it is unlikely that you will meet our minimum entry
requirements." The course is 240-280 UCAS points and I'm predicted 280 which I find bizarre, I don't do general studies or anything like that, I do "proper subjects". I'm not really that fussed as this was my second fall back option but oh well...

Eh? What were your predicte grades and what course are you doing? If you do 'proper' subjects, then surely they're more inclined to distinguish you from the rest of the competition and offer you a place.
Reply 25
Original post by cllio
I've got a offer for chemistry at UCLAN, any one else doing that? or pharmacy etc?

Pharmacy :smile:

Haven't heard anything off them except an acknowledgement :colondollar:

I wish they hurry up! D:
Reply 26
Original post by FallonSmith
Eh? What were your predicte grades and what course are you doing? If you do 'proper' subjects, then surely they're more inclined to distinguish you from the rest of the competition and offer you a place.

Applied for Accounting & management. Predicted B in Business studies, B in Politics, B in Geography (AS) and D in English Literature (AS) giving me 280 UCAS points. It's specified on UCAS that 2 full a-levels is fine. I also have a B in GCSE maths.
Just received an invitation for interview (physio) for February! Just awaiting a letter for the details. Unfortunately it'll get caught up in the christmas post, bad times.
Applied for Accounting & management. Predicted B in Business studies, B in Politics, B in Geography (AS) and D in English Literature (AS) giving me 280 UCAS points. It's specified on UCAS that 2 full a-levels is fine. I also have a B in GCSE maths.

That can't be right then because I have a D in gcse Maths and still got a conditional offer. UCLan are weird like that
Hi

Applied and got a conditional offer for Business with Mandarin Chinese (280 UCAS) i applied 3 weeks ago so...was kinda quick

Strange... I got DDEE in AS and i only got 2 B and all the rest were C's in GCSE so i feel lucky to get into UCLAN lol :smile:
Reply 31
Applied for advertising & marketing:smile: waiting for the answer
Reply 32
applied for pharmacology and physiology got a conditional offer, but i dont know what the conditions are i guess just the minimum grades they require? will i get a letter in the post?
Reply 33
I will apply for Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation (specializing in Anthropology) as well as Forensic Science with Anthropology. I'm gonna be applying at the last minute because my referee can't get a move on! -_-
Original post by Shokata
I will apply for Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation (specializing in Anthropology) as well as Forensic Science with Anthropology. I'm gonna be applying at the last minute because my referee can't get a move on! -_-

I have justed submitted my Firm and Insurance choices, with Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation at UCLAN as my Insurance. I was made an offer of just 240 points so a good fall back.

Let us know how you get on with your offers.
Reply 35
Original post by white_zinfandel
I have justed submitted my Firm and Insurance choices, with Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation at UCLAN as my Insurance. I was made an offer of just 240 points so a good fall back.

Let us know how you get on with your offers.

240? :eek: Oww, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed and hope that I get an offer too! Mind if i ask what your firm was, assuming it was in a similar field?:smile:
Reply 36
Original post by ak137
Pharmacy :smile:

Haven't heard anything off them except an acknowledgement :colondollar:

I wish they hurry up! D:

Pharmacy too :smile: Have you had your interview yet?
Reply 37
Original post by craig12
Pharmacy too :smile: Have you had your interview yet?

No :smile: you?
Original post by Shokata
240? :eek: Oww, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed and hope that I get an offer too! Mind if i ask what your firm was, assuming it was in a similar field?:smile:

No probs! Firm was for Crime Scene Science at Teesside with 280 points. I had 5 offers in total, 4 were 280 points some including Biology some not, UCLAN was the only one with 240 from A-levels and BTEC but excludes any AS points - but that's OK.

Since the other 4 offers were all similar I went for my first choice of Teesside as my Firm.
Reply 39
Hey :3
I have yet to hear from the following two courses:

Web & Multimedia
Interactive Digital Media

I currently have 2 offers, one from Huddersfield and the other from Staffordshire...
So I'm just waiting on UCLAN now. D:
Here's hoping for the best I suppose. I'd really like UCLAN to be my firm if I get an offer; preferably Web and Multimedia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending