The Student Room Group

Has anybody ever tried Lucid dreaming?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hmm I've cried and laughed in dreams and then woke up crying and laughing :lol:

Original post by Eien
I had a dream where I had sex with somebody outside on the grass, and for some reason a taxi came for me, but I decided to ignore it and carry on, but in the end I felt a strong orgasm which carried on when I woke up! Wouldn't mind having that again...

I always find it curious how one can remember some dreams vividly for years and quickly forget others.

Well you know if you ever needed a partner in trying to recreate it... :colone:
Original post by edd360

Original post by edd360
Erm, I would disagree with your first point completely. Lucid dreaming is just the mind being creative and your imagination running wild. Psychedelic drugs allow the user to manipulate/distort reality as if they were in a dream, but during a more concious state. I have taken LSD before, and from my experience of that it was VERY similar to lucid dreaming. Particularly on higher doses.

Dreaming is also made responsible due to the chemical DMT produced by the pineal gland in your brain, which is currently a Class A drug.

But your last comment about lucid dreaming and open mindedness sounds pretty interesting actually, I shall have to read more about that.

What did you experience when you to LSD? How did it feel?
Reply 43
I've tried it before, I went through a phase where I was determined to do it and spent a couple of months trying. I kind of managed it once, I could feel myself falling asleep with my mind still awake, but then I felt really weird...could feel my legs starting to go numb and my heart racing and there were loads of flashy lights in my head, kind of light going really fast through a tunnel. That really freaked me out and I didn't try after that.
Reply 44
Original post by laura111294
How do you have a lucid dream??????

You have to train yourself. First, it's best to try remembering your dreams, so before you go to bed tell yourself you'll remember them and leave a notepad and paper by the bed. Eventually you should be able to wake up several times throughout the night to write down your dreams, which you probably won't even remember doing.

Then you need to learn "cues". For me, I used looking at the time, and checking it stays the same, as in a dream it'll be random and not consistent, so you'll know you're dreaming. Some people like to carry something around in their pocket and check it throughout the day, if it's the same, then you're awake (kind of like in Inception if you've seen it).

Then you have to actually train your body to fall asleep whilst your mind stays awake, there are a lot of different techniques on this. One I did was slowly counting in my mind to keep it ticking over whilst letting my body fall asleep, if you google it though people will have other techniques. Try this forum - click.
Reply 45
dont masturbate for two months

you will have a lucid dream with any woman you like.

repeat process
I had a dream in a dream once, where I was positive that I'd just woken up from a dream and I could control all of my actions (I didn't think it was strange that I was taking a shower in the street...). Then I was stabbed and I woke up, for what I thought was the second time. Trip
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
No offence at all, but if you haven't even heard of DMT, you can't say dreaming isn't related to drugs. Dreaming IS a drug trip. You can smoke the drug DMT, the same thing which is produced by your own brain, and it is the most potent powerful psychedelic drug known to man, giving people such experiences which words cannot begin to explain.

But you are right that lucid dreaming poses no real dangers, where as some drugs might.

Original post by Please Register
What did you experience when you to LSD? How did it feel?

Man where to begin. What I realised whilst on it, is that when we look at things in a sober state, we don't see the object that's truly there, we just get an interpretation. It's almost like you are seeing things for the first time. For example, imagine if you looked at a can of pepsi whilst sober. You'd know straight away what it was just by looking at it, you wouldn't have to figure it out. It's almost like there is a single interpretation for a pepsi can. But on lsd, or if you were looking at it for the first time, you wouldn't be able to read because you don't know what letters are, so even if you knew it was a drink dispensing can, you may not know it was pepsi, which brings me to the second point. You may not even know it's a can. Try imagining being born, and presented with a pepsi can in your face. You will see it, you will have no clue what it is. Hallucinating isn't seeing things which arn't there, but interpreting what you do see in a different way.

I think the best way to describe LSD is, imagine seeing the world through the eyes of a new born baby, but it isn't completely like that, you are still aware, you still know things, it depends how high the dose is.

It's like trying to explain the colour blue to someone that has only ever seen red. If you really want to know what it's like, just take some, it's only as big a deal as you make it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Didn't realise this was abnormal until I read this thread! I'd say at least 25% of my dreams are lucid and the other 75% are just very vivid and active. I love my dreams, which is probably why I'm always sleeping :smile:
My favourite ones are where I can fly, I have this a lot, I just fly wherever I want and it's like swimming through the air. Always get disappointed when I wake up, especially if it's a flying dream I can control!
I just found out what lucid dreaming is after viewing this thread.

You can guess what I'll be doing in my lucid dream... :smile:
I've been trying to for ages. :frown: But I usually get too scared haha, or end up losing concentration on the lucid dream halfway through falling asleep. I never remember my dreams, and when I do, they're **** and realistic :frown:
Reply 51
Wow im going to try this! Honestly hardly ever remember my dreams
Original post by edd360

Original post by edd360
No offence at all, but if you haven't even heard of DMT, you can't say dreaming isn't related to drugs. Dreaming IS a drug trip. You can smoke the drug DMT, the same thing which is produced by your own brain, and it is the most potent powerful psychedelic drug known to man, giving people such experiences which words cannot begin to explain.

But you are right that lucid dreaming poses no real dangers, where as some drugs might.

Man where to begin. What I realised whilst on it, is that when we look at things in a sober state, we don't see the object that's truly there, we just get an interpretation. It's almost like you are seeing things for the first time. For example, imagine if you looked at a can of pepsi whilst sober. You'd know straight away what it was just by looking at it, you wouldn't have to figure it out. It's almost like there is a single interpretation for a pepsi can. But on lsd, or if you were looking at it for the first time, you wouldn't be able to read because you don't know what letters are, so even if you knew it was a drink dispensing can, you may not know it was pepsi, which brings me to the second point. You may not even know it's a can. Try imagining being born, and presented with a pepsi can in your face. You will see it, you will have no clue what it is. Hallucinating isn't seeing things which arn't there, but interpreting what you do see in a different way.

I think the best way to describe LSD is, imagine seeing the world through the eyes of a new born baby, but it isn't completely like that, you are still aware, you still know things, it depends how high the dose is.

It's like trying to explain the colour blue to someone that has only ever seen red. If you really want to know what it's like, just take some, it's only as big a deal as you make it.

Interesting. As for taking it myself, then never, I'm very opposed to drugs.

I knew someone once who told me he used to put crystal meth into his eyes or something and he used to see dragons flying and stuff.

So if that's all it does (LSD I mean) then why do people take it? It doesn't seem particularly entertaining or anything...
Reply 53
I sleepwalk, and I think I'd be too worried about actually getting up and wandering about if I were having a lucid dream, and since I'm in halls at Uni I don't really fancy wandering the corridors in the middle of the night in my pyjamas! XD So far, thankfully, I've just had weird half sleepwalking moments where I'm talking to people in my room and they won't leave, so I end up just going back to sleep again- I've had people sat on top of my wardrobe lecturing me about kayaking, or people holding a committee meeting in my room... odd (I haven't actually had this obviously, athough thats what was going on in my head at the time- would have been entertaining to see myself holding a conversation with the top of my wardrobe though!) And then just the other morning I woke up to find I'd unplugged all the plugs in my room quite violently? Which is odd because normally in the morning I'll sort of have a flashback to what I've been up to, and then go 'ah, it wasn't a dream!' but I have absolutely no idea why or what i was doing with plugs? XD
Yeah!

Original post by laura111294
How do you have a lucid dream??????

the key to successful lucid dreaming is to do stuff during the day, like tap your wrist twice. Then when you do it in a dream your conscious mind knows you're dreaming, and you can control it. It sounds easier than it is but it's more than possible!
(edited 12 years ago)
Is it normal that when in a lucid dream the first thing I'll think of doing is something perverted?
Reply 56
Interesting. As for taking it myself, then never, I'm very opposed to drugs.

I knew someone once who told me he used to put crystal meth into his eyes or something and he used to see dragons flying and stuff.

So if that's all it does (LSD I mean) then why do people take it? It doesn't seem particularly entertaining or anything...

You shouldn't take LSD if you are just after something entertaining. Go get drunk if you're after a good time.

LSD is a very spiritual drug and should only be used as such.

Having said that, LSD is still very fun, imagine when you were 4 how much fun you had with your imagination play dragons or castles or whatever, it's like that. A room with 3 people on LSD you will have a blast just letting your imagination run wild. But you won't learn much from it that way.

LSD can teach you many useful things about yourself and the world around you. Most people are too scared to know the truth, yourself included by the sounds of it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by edd360

Original post by edd360
You shouldn't take LSD if you are just after something entertaining. Go get drunk if you're after a good time.

LSD is a very spiritual drug and should only be used as such.

Yeah I don't drink either - the smell makes me sick and being a drunkard staggering around the streets vomiting and pissing my own pants and going to sleep in a gutter don't really appeal to me.

What do you mean by spiritual?
Reply 58
Yeah I don't drink either - the smell makes me sick and being a drunkard staggering around the streets vomiting and pissing my own pants and going to sleep in a gutter don't really appeal to me.

What do you mean by spiritual?

Seriously, I really cannot explain. If you are happy living life not knowing the answers to these questions then fair enough, but if you really want to know the answers to your questions you have to experience it for yourself.

Imagine humans are all naturally blind, and then you wake up one day and you suddenly had the ability to see. A blind person then asks you to describe what it's like. Do you really think you could?
Reply 59
When I realise I'm in a dream, like when being chased I try to fly by jumping in the air lol, it works like 50% of the time. It's pretty amazing though when you do realise, but if I try too hard to make things happen I wake up :/ Also the bad thing is when I'm in a situation anything I think of that could go wrong happens, like if I think this train I'm on could derail, it would happen.

Quick Reply

Latest