The Student Room Group

Teacher suspended. I support the teacher.

What do people think of this ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8932414/Supply-teacher-suspended-for-giving-pupil-ride-home.html

I support the teacher. The World has gone mad.

Scroll to see replies

Closed it down after seeing it was a male teacher. You must know that the law and the board treat male teachers far worse than females when caught in illicit relationships, so why would this be any different? Obviously he had ulterior motives. Obviously.

People will then moan when their child has strict teachers, or teachers afraid of actually interacting with the class for fear of reprisal.
(edited 12 years ago)
Absolute madness.
Reply 3
there must have been a complaint. How else did the office staff know?
Reply 4
Poor lad.

Must feel quite guilty :frown:
Shocking. Christ I can think of two of my teachers who've given me lifts hone for various reasons.
Fair enough if it's under-16 but his 17 for ****s sakes. What's the guy going to do to him? A 17 year old isn't a child. And it was a boy.
Reply 7
"Giving a lift home" means "ploughed him like a farm" right?
People always overreact these days. My teacher used to drive me to school every morning in HER car :teehee:
Reply 9
Original post by roubiliac
there must have been a complaint. How else did the office staff know?

No, I don't think there was a complaint.
Reply 10
What has become of humanity.
Reply 11
Original post by Jimbo1234
"Giving a lift home" means "ploughed him like a farm" right?

Please don't be silly.

A man has lost his job for doing a good turn. The boy reported he had lost his bus fare so because it was on his way home the teacher gave him a lift. What's wrong with that?
I gave this first year a couple of quid a few weeks back because he'd lost his bus money(I keep a small emergency fund in my locker.)

Does that mean I should get expelled lmao?
That is completely stupid! I have been given lifts home by teachers before for various reasons. If the boy is fine with it, what is the problem?
Reply 14
Really? there are some bad people in the world yes but does that mean everybody is guilty until proven innocent?
Reply 15
Who reported this? The parents?

Anyway, I dont see the problem. The boy is 17, in sixth form. Old enough to be making up his own mind about who is safe to take a lift home from I think.
Original post by steve2005
Please don't be silly.

A man has lost his job for doing a good turn. The boy reported he had lost his bus fare so because it was on his way home the teacher gave him a lift. What's wrong with that?

I was being sarcastic and showing how everything is utterly changed as soon as a man is involved. The man was fired because some liberal idiot somewhere actually thinks that my first post could have been true :facepalm2:
Reply 17
This says more about people enforcing the rules then anything else.

Its illegal to have a affair with pupils
its therefore illegal to give them a lift home after teaching them (this is the stage we are at now)
its therefore illegal to teach them (where we will be in the future)
its therefore illegal to be a teacher...

Absolute madness. As Will Smith on iRobot said, does thinking your the last sane man on the planet make you crazy? Because if so I think I am.
The teacher seems pretty innocent to me. Did the boy arrive home late or anything? I don't think it said in that article, and I couldn't find anything else on this from a quick google.
Reply 19
Original post by Andy_J
Who reported this? The parents?

Anyway, I dont see the problem. The boy is 17, in sixth form. Old enough to be making up his own mind about who is safe to take a lift home from I think.

It would seem that there was no complaint as such, it's just that the agency heard about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending