Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys? Tall Girls :D

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    And you also get by with a little help from your friends, right?

I like this girl, she's a bit taller than most people i know, but no way do I have a chance, she seems more popular, obviously one of the newer people so more involved in just about... anything... It's annoying, she talks to me and everything but I don't know.
    Don't worry man, you'll get high with a little help from your friends

Trust me I know what you mean, it's happened to me too, I was REALLY into the girl, but I can't say I loved her because I didn't know enough about her. She was very tall, like 6ft and she was a model. I'm still taller than her, but I was totally intimidated by how pretty and popular she was, everybody liked her.

But inside she was a bit of a loner, she was a bit emo, she listened to the same music I did. I felt like she was another version of me, albeit a very attractive and popular one.

She's the one that got away...but next time I find someone I like that much I'll do something about it, because I really regret not doing it and now were in different countries.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same happened to me I left it too long - then we went past the 'friend zone' he went out with another girl for like 3 months and I never see him any more. He's broken up with her now but I now could never approach him. Life's too short for this crap - next time, Imma gonna be brave :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    school is quite limited place to meet tall guys I am a tall guy always have been and it wasnt until uni in a big city that I met other guys close to my height or even taller if you are at school in a small town it is unlikely you will find what you seek
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Veddiegirl relax- Peopel are getting taller and taller, I'm a guy of 5'11 and most friedns are taller than me. There are loads of 6'2/6'3 guys you could have
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Veggie girl, you know what? You wouldn't be out of place in Norway or Sweden, where lots of girls are your height. The real issue is confidence. Put on some heels, stand straight and be prepared to tell people to sod off.

A good thing about your height is that it serves as a filter. You get rid of a lot of deadbeats, without having to do anything. Those who are interested, well, it is a smaller pool;-)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter if they're short, or tall tbf.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeckhamKid)
    Veddiegirl relax- Peopel are getting taller and taller, I'm a guy of 5'11 and most friedns are taller than me. There are loads of 6'2/6'3 guys you could have
    Anecdotal evidence here. 5'10 is the average young male. That's not going to change any time soon.

Also, this is OP *******. She feels she needs to go out with someone who is taller than her. Also, there aren't loads of people who are 6'2/6'3 guys, hence why they are tall and not average.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ya know, being over 6ft has its advantages but when you see a tall girl, she has a typical face on her that is either startled at being taller than most people in the bar/club she is in, she is looking around desperately trying to see if a guy is taller than her or she is into her phone.
    Next time you see a tall girl without male company, watch her. She will do those things.

If you are similar in height, she wont even entertain the notion of listening to you.

They have themselves to blame.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tall = looooong legs = awesome √

I'm 6'2 and wouldn't consider height to ever be an issue. Quite the opposite, in that I find very tall girls extremely sexy.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    taller girls tend to be more lonely/ slightly less in demand because they seems to place more importance on the guy being taller than themselves. if they are so willing to rule out guys who are a few inches shorter but who are otherwise very talented and would make for excellent romantic potential,then that's their fault as far as i am concerned

saying that, i am 6'4 and in relationship with guy who is 5'9 - meaning i have got 18cm on him ;D i admit i was surprised he did agree to my approaches to date + eventually form relationship with me,but at the same time i am relieved that i selected somebody who overlooks this height 'thing' most others would be very concious and weary of.
    ......he knows what is good for him ;D clever guy :sexface:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you had asked me this a year ago I would have totally agreed with you as I'm 5'11.5 and I used to absolutely despise my height for the exact same reasons as you to, i found it hard to date as it seemed most guys were shorter than me or would say something like 'you're freakishly tall'. And i don't know what happened but over the past year as i've started going out, all these tall guys are appearing from no-where. & most guys love long legs, whether they make you taller than you or not, so get them out! But I promise you every tall girl feels exactly like you at some point, but it will go away and you will work with what yo' mama gave ya.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5' 11.. I've never had a ******* on the dating front I've always felt pretty lucky with regards to my height, I wouldn't change it for the world
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    end of the day tall girls are good, would be nice to be able to go out with a girl at 6ft for once
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TALLJADE)
    i found it hard to date as it seemed most guys were shorter than me or would say something like 'you're freakishly tall'.
    Yeah haha - I get giant lanky legs a lot of the time
    Thanks for the replies
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeggieGirl)
    Helllloooo
    Have been wondering about this for a while and just wanted to know what guys actually think.
    I'm always paranoid I'm going to end up alone because no one has ever shown any interest in me. Never been asked out. They say i'm pretty :/ and gorgeous (loool ) but yeah that's all girls pretty much.
    I've been scared of my height for since i can remember - im 5ft 11.5 inches. And errr yeah, most guys tbh in my college are shorter than me. There are a few that are taller. I'm just so used to people calling me a giant etc. that yeah - im scared. Scared that i'll never find someone - and scared to go into a relationship with someone shorter.
    I had a little - continual fling with my friend who is about a foot shorter than me. He said he loved me and would erm.... trying to be delicate.... love to #@#@ me but would never go out with me because of my height.

I would love to find someone who i liked and was tall (did find him- but err yeah nothing happened - was upset for quite a while :/ )

So guys - what do you think about tall girls - would you go out with someone taller than you. Girls - anyone tall - same trouble?!

Thanks
    I'm 5'7/8 (I think), and would have no issue going out with a girl taller then me, as long as she had no issue with my height.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben_LiveYourDreams)
    I'm 5'7/8 (I think), and would have no issue going out with a girl taller then me, as long as she had no issue with my height.
    Yeah - I'd love to say I don't have an issue. I'd just feel so self-conscious that everybody was looking at us :/ maybe it would be different if I was friends with them first :confused:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeggieGirl)
    Yeah - I'd love to say I don't have an issue. I'd just feel so self-conscious that everybody was looking at us :/ maybe it would be different if I was friends with them first :confused:
    Then don't!
    You need to follow your heart, rather then what other people think!

If a guy is going to make you happy, but he is smaller then you, then your happynessw matters more then what other people think. People stare and judge at practically anything; clothes, facial features, height, weight.

And they could stare at you and judge anything, but if your happy, then so what!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like tall girls personally - (though I am 6' 1" at the moment myself). I think the ******* is that most guys don't like girlfriends to be taller than them so you will either have to wait to find one that doesn't mind or find a taller guy.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben_LiveYourDreams)
    If we all thought like this, the world would be a happier place.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    If we all thought like this, the world would be a happier place.
    Hence the LiveYourDreams part of my name, which is the name of my upcomming blog on confidence and related issues!

Only you can really decide how you think, so why not think positively!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2011
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.