The Student Room Group

Guys? Tall Girls :D

Helllloooo
Have been wondering about this for a while and just wanted to know what guys actually think.
I'm always paranoid I'm going to end up alone because no one has ever shown any interest in me. Never been asked out. They say i'm pretty :/ and gorgeous (loool :wink: ) but yeah that's all girls pretty much.
I've been scared of my height for since i can remember - im 5ft 11.5 inches. And errr yeah, most guys tbh in my college are shorter than me. There are a few that are taller. I'm just so used to people calling me a giant etc. that yeah - im scared. Scared that i'll never find someone - and scared to go into a relationship with someone shorter.
I had a little - continual fling with my friend who is about a foot shorter than me. He said he loved me and would erm.... trying to be delicate.... love to #@#@ me :wink: but would never go out with me because of my height.

I would love to find someone who i liked and was tall (did find him- but err yeah nothing happened - was upset for quite a while :/ :frown: )

So guys - what do you think about tall girls - would you go out with someone taller than you. Girls - anyone tall - same trouble?!

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Height doesn't bother me too much, although it'd need to be fairly reasonable - I'd think a foots difference as in your post would be a bit much.

I wouldn't say 5"11' was that tall either.
Reply 2
I'm 6,3 and I've never met another female taller than me, so I can't say for certain, but I'm 99.9% sure if a female I was interested in was taller than me, I would not care what so ever.
Reply 3
Original post by VeggieGirl
Helllloooo
Have been wondering about this for a while and just wanted to know what guys actually think.
I'm always paranoid I'm going to end up alone because no one has ever shown any interest in me. Never been asked out. They say i'm pretty :/ and gorgeous (loool :wink: ) but yeah that's all girls pretty much.
I've been scared of my height for since i can remember - im 5ft 11.5 inches. And errr yeah, most guys tbh in my college are shorter than me. There are a few that are taller. I'm just so used to people calling me a giant etc. that yeah - im scared. Scared that i'll never find someone - and scared to go into a relationship with someone shorter.
I had a little - continual fling with my friend who is about a foot shorter than me. He said he loved me and would erm.... trying to be delicate.... love to #@#@ me :wink: but would never go out with me because of my height.

I would love to find someone who i liked and was tall (did find him- but err yeah nothing happened - was upset for quite a while :/ :frown: )

So guys - what do you think about tall girls - would you go out with someone taller than you. Girls - anyone tall - same trouble?!

Thanks

You know it's a bit of a funny issue for me so I thought I'd post. I probably wouldn't go out with anyone taller? I don't know...but the opportunity has never arisen because I haven't met a girl taller than me, nor am I likely to meet one.

I'm 6'5 feet tall, and I've usually dated shorter girls because shorter girls tend to love me, it's that whole biological natural selection thing I suppose.

I'd actually LOVE to date a taller girl, but a lot of the ones I've met are very pretty and confident and have this thing about them, like (I'm totally out of your league), so the very few tall girls I've approached have turned me down, but like I said, I've approached very few and now I have this fear of rejection from tall girls. It's totally irrational.

Well without going too much into detail there are plenty of tall guys out there, especially tall guys who want a tall girlfriend. I remember there was a thread on TSR a while ago and quite a lot of guys were above 6 feet. And I'm sure there will be guys who wouldn't mind dating a taller girl as long as you don't mind!
Helllloooo

Thanks

Try not to date someone taller than you. Do you really want 6'2 girl? if you have children.
Reply 5
Helllloooo

Thanks

Height shouldn't be a factor when you love someone :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by RainPours
Height shouldn't be a factor when you love someone :smile:

Yes but that makes no sense, because you don't love someone when you first meet them...that happens over time and if you've already dated them long enough to fall in love with them then you've already considered their height (amongst other things) and decided you were okay with it.
Reply 7
Yeah I have to admit I judge people when I first meet them :/ But this is interesting haha thanks :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Zamolxes
Yes but that makes no sense, because you don't love someone when you first meet them...that happens over time and if you've already dated them long enough to fall in love with them then you've already considered their height (amongst other things) and decided you were okay with it.

I don't know about you, but I do believe in 'Love at first sight'.
Reply 9
Original post by RainPours
I don't know about you, but I do believe in 'Love at first sight'.

Like in the song right?

"Do you believe in love at first sight"

"Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time".

Truth is you only have strong feelings towards how the person looks, you have no idea who they are as a person, don't judge a book by its cover. You can only truly love someone once you get to know them. If you don't know them then you like the idea of them. The fantasy that you've made up in your mind, not who they really are.
Reply 10
Original post by Zamolxes
Like in the song right?

"Do you believe in love at first sight"

"Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time".

Truth is you only have strong feelings towards how the person looks, you have no idea who they are as a person, don't judge a book by its cover. You can only truly love someone once you get to know them. If you don't know them then you like the idea of them. The fantasy that you've made up in your mind, not who they really are.

And you also get by with a little help from your friends, right?

I like this girl, she's a bit taller than most people i know, but no way do I have a chance, she seems more popular, obviously one of the newer people so more involved in just about... anything... It's annoying, she talks to me and everything but I don't know. :s-smilie:
Reply 11
I'm 5'11 too.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
Tall can easily be sexy. I've net acouple of hot girls the same height as me this week @ 5'11. Depends on your age too, if your young it'll be more of an issue.

Just smile! And remember we're all the same size when laying down. Plus a lass who can get her legs wrapped round the back during sex is a big likey likey from me :colondollar:
Helllloooo

Thanks

OP im 5'10" and i love tall girls, have a real thing for them, i just think tall is sexy so dont worry, people will like you
girls stop growing at a younger age than guys. give it a couple of years (you're at 6th form right?) and the guys will get taller. you won't find anyone significantly taller than you tho (who's not already going out with a 5'4 girl cos he likes to feel masculine :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:), but i dont think that matters really.

im 5'11+ and it's relatively easy for me (in london) to find people taller than me, not that any of them actually like me! but hey...
Reply 15
Original post by silverbolt
OP im 5'10" and i love tall girls, have a real thing for them, i just think tall is sexy so dont worry, people will like you

That makes me feel so much better :biggrin: haha

And yeah I suppose it will just take time. Just feel a bit of a loner sometimes :/ meh
Helllloooo

Thanks

Am quite tall 6'3" have dated women of all sorts of heights.... one thing is definitely for certain taller the better :smile: I don't particularly like girls who are short as it makes me feel as if I'm their daddy instead of bf :tongue:

But veggie whether tall or short is no good :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by Erich Hartmann
I don't particularly like girls who are short as it makes me feel as if I'm their daddy instead of bf :tongue:

I'm about the same height and a friend of mine is 4'10" and I ALWAYS get dodgey looks walking around China town etc -.- shes even 7 years older!

And OP I think my girlfriend had similar issues as you, she's about 5'10" and while living in beijing she was often seen as too tall, but one day a tall foreigner spilt a pint of beer on himself...
That makes me feel so much better :biggrin: haha

And yeah I suppose it will just take time. Just feel a bit of a loner sometimes :/ meh

come to birmingham il keep you company :colone:
Reply 19
Helllloooo

Thanks

Dont think its a big deal if you're tall as a man, otherwise think it would prob be a bit deameaning. Im 6"2 so would go out with 5"11 girl, sure. Just go after the taller guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending