The Student Room Group

Edexcel chemistry - unit 2 19th january 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Cetacea
I resat this paper having taken it in June 2011, where I got 80/120. I felt that I hadn't revised the content as fully as I could have done back then, and perhaps I was focussing a bit too much on past papers. However, for my revision for the January 2012 resit I made sure that I had covered all the content using the specification as a guide and also started my revision in plenty of time - I think I started in late November/early December.

In terms of revision technique, I made notes using the AS textbook as well as the CGP revision guide which is very good. I also made mindmaps. The final thing I did was to go through the June 2011 paper again and write model answers for the trickier questions or the ones I knew I had got wrong or left out. In this way I was prepared for the worst if they asked the same question again! (The June 2011 paper was definitely one of the hardest.)

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions just ask!

Hii.. I'm planning on resitting this unit this summer as I did awfully last june (like you said - it was a hard paper). What text book did you use - as you just said AS textbook ? haha.
I'm using the CGP guide to make my notes/mind maps etc, but I also have the edexcel one too.. ?

Thankyou
Reply 681
Original post by EffKayy
Hii.. I'm planning on resitting this unit this summer as I did awfully last june (like you said - it was a hard paper). What text book did you use - as you just said AS textbook ? haha.
I'm using the CGP guide to make my notes/mind maps etc, but I also have the edexcel one too.. ?

Thankyou

I used both the Edexcel AS Students' Book and the George Facer AS Chemistry book. To be honest each has its own pros and cons - the Edexcel book is nicely presented and breaks things down simply, but does have a few mistakes and some of the content isn't complete. For example, there's no mention of indicators for acid-base titrations nor is there any detail on percentage errors/uncertainties. The Facer book does have this detail and often goes beyond the syllabus, which I suppose is only a good thing. The CGP book is best for recapping and summary notes, not so much heavy detail.
Reply 682
Original post by Cetacea
x

Thanks very much for the helpful response!
One other thing : What is 'cashing in' and do I have to anything related to it seeing as I'll be resitting a unit?
Reply 683
Hey do u have the link to the actual paper ? it would be a great help
Original post by avipsita
Hey do u have the link to the actual paper ? it would be a great help

Here you go. :smile:
Reply 685
Does anyone have the examiners' report for this paper? Will be gratefully received!
Original post by Cetacea
Does anyone have the examiners' report for this paper? Will be gratefully received!

File's too big to upload here, you can get it from: http://www.mediafire.com/?emha8hc8xcyzo choose "Chemistry ER Jan 12"
Reply 687
Original post by clownfish
File's too big to upload here, you can get it from: http://www.mediafire.com/?emha8hc8xcyzo choose "Chemistry ER Jan 12"

Thank you but I'm not able to open .rar files; is there a way of obtaining the ER in .pdf format?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending