The Student Room Group

My Weight Gain Blog (Female)

*Day 1: 92lbs
Day 17 Update: now 99lbs :biggrin:
*Day 20 Update: 100lbs
*Day 40 Update: 104lbs

Hi :wavey:

I've been unhappy with my body for a while. I'm a short, skinny girl of 20. I'm 4'11" and about 92lbs.

So I'm on a mission to gain weight and add a bit of muscle to hold it all in. I'm aiming pretty high in terms of daily diet, as I feel I won't be able to eat as much as that most days. I'm trying to eat a diet low in processed foods, and richer in raw foods. I'm aiming to get more of my calories from protein than fat, for example.

I previously had a bad diet, I'd eat very little and what I would eat would be things like crisps, pepsi, pot noodles etc.

So here's my diet plan, I'll post what I've achieved from this everyday. I think this journal will help me stick to it :biggrin: I've only got 2 more days of Uni until Christmas, so some meals sound like a lot but I plan on eating them over the space of about an hour. I've recently stopped drinking, too. Well, yesterday but I'm on a break for sure :smile:

9am - Breakfast
Meusli with whole milk + extra raisins, banana, kiwi, 50g nuts (brazils, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds), 4 dates, 1 glass of pure orange, a glass of high juice, a glass of milk, a multivitamin 1,200kcal, 32g protein

1pm - Lunch
Bowl of noodles, 2 cheese toasties (4 slices of bread, 70g cheddar), cup of tea with whole milk and 2 sugars, 2 glasses of high juice 1,150kcal, 37g protein

6pm - Dinner
4 baked seasoned drumsticks cooked in a couple of tablespoons of oil, with a small portion of fries and spiced rice, 2 glasses of high juice 1,200kcal, 45g protein

7pm - Dessert
Apple with 50ml cream, small portion of fruit cocktail (peaches, pears, pineapple, grapes, cherry) 150kcal, no protein

9pm - Snacks
1 slice of french toast, 2 small cookies, 2 milkshakes 1,100kcal, 28g protein

I'm also working my way up to exercising - starting with stretches, squats and lunges with a 2kg weight in each hand. I'll also do sit ups. Every couple of days I do a bit of bellydancing too, which when done properly is really good for the abs apparently :biggrin: Every evening I take a 45mins - 1 hour walk.

Here's my starting photograph (underwear) which I took so that I can visualise my progress. As you can see, I am skinny-fat. I might not look that skinny in this photo, because I was a bit bloated at the time, but I am.

Edit:100lbs picture-- here's where I'm at now. I realise that for some reason, I carry an extra half a stone as well as it doesn't even show!

I saw this picture of myself on a night out recently, and aside from the fact I'm drunk and throwing a peace sign at 5am on the street, I just realised that my body looks so pathetic!

So, I am totally motivated :biggrin: I'm very open to advice, too, if anyone has any BUT please don't come commenting about how I'm already fat, don't have the figure to be more than 6.5 stone etc. I *know* I'm not going to suddenly turn in into Kim K or Kelly Brooke or get truly 'curvy'. I realise my body shape. I do want to put on weight and that's not going to change. I don't want to be a bodybuilder I just want a more feminine, curvier and healthier looking body. My current aim is 105 pounds. Depending on how I feel about it, I'll probably then aim further.

Thanks for reading :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
this is really refreshing to see a girl wanting to gain weight :smile: I'm a guy and looking to gain weight too ... although it is quite hard for me as I can't have dairy!

But good luck to you and keep us updated
Reply 2
Oh yeah..Chubby sex!! FTW
Original post by Dies.Irae
Oh yeah..Chubby sex!! FTW

I don't want to be chubby, I just don't want to be too skinny!
Original post by tnajamie
this is really refreshing to see a girl wanting to gain weight :smile: I'm a guy and looking to gain weight too ... although it is quite hard for me as I can't have dairy!

But good luck to you and keep us updated

Good luck to you too. :biggrin: Do you have a journal?
Reply 5
You want to gain weight and tone up? How does that work? :confused:
Reply 6
:confused::confused::confused: You're not too skinny at all, I think you look great o_o
Original post by tl,dr

Well doesn't tone up just mean make things a bit tighter? I'm skinny and flabby so.. well let's see if it works haha!
Reply 8
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Good luck to you too. :biggrin: Do you have a journal?

yeah, I use myfitness pal - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/newpersonatuni
Original post by MiaMoo
:confused::confused::confused: You're not too skinny at all, I think you look great o_o

Thanks haha, well I always get comments about being skinny and I don't even weigh over 7 stone. I have a tendency to look bigger on camera!

Wow you're doing good! You still haven't eaten your RDA of fat or sugar but you've more than fulfilled your protein needs. Good for you :biggrin:
Reply 11
Wow you're doing good! You still haven't eaten your RDA of fat or sugar but you've more than fulfilled your protein needs. Good for you :biggrin:

hey, you should use that program too :smile: I reccommend it!

Thing is though that is not enough cals still really, hard to eat much more when you cant have dairy .. also I try and avoid nuts and potatoes as they make me feel bad :frown:
Thanks haha, well I always get comments about being skinny and I don't even weigh over 7 stone. I have a tendency to look bigger on camera!

I think you look lovely! You don't look like a 'stick' (as people so kindly name skinny people) at all. You're just a petite person and I think you have a lovely healthy figure.
Nevertheless, good luck. :biggrin:
This is quite refreshing! It's great to know that you're hoping to tone up too with exercise. You want to look after your health while doing this, putting on weight doesn't always have to be a negative thing.
Reply 14
I've been trying to gain weight for a long time. I'm 164cm and weight about 40-42KG (5'4.5" and weight about (90-93lbs) that's very tiny. I have light bones and I am very skinny.

You are not too skinny, you are just skinny. You really need to tone up a bit and you will look great!

If you'll be chubby you'd look even shorter.
Original post by tl,dr

You achieve a 'toned' looking by achieving a better ratio between the amount of muscle you have and the amount of fat. So you either have to gain muscle or lose fat. For someone in her position I would agree that gaining muscle is the best way to do it.

OP, you have decided to gain weight but your exercise programme looks better suited to losing weight. Get in the gym and do heavy, compound lifts; it's the effective way to do it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kathy89
I've been trying to gain weight for a long time. I'm 164cm and weight about 40-42KG (5'4.5" and weight about (90-93lbs) that's very tiny. I have light bones and I am very skinny.

You are not too skinny, you are just skinny. You really need to tone up a bit and you will look great!

If you'll be chubby you'd look even shorter.

I'm not going to stay skinny just so I can look taller. I don't think being short is a bad thing, and actually I think to a degree having a stronger body shape can make you look less short!

We weight about the same :smile: What's your regime?
Original post by TheGrandmaster
You achieve a 'toned' looking by achieving a better ratio between the amount of muscle you have and the amount of fat. So you either have to gain muscle or lose fat. For someone in her position I would agree that gaining muscle is the best way to do it.

OP, you have decided to gain weight but your exercise programme looks better suited to losing weight. Get in the gym and do heavy, compound lifts; it's the effective way to do it.

I want to be a little curvier - I have quite a flat bum and small breasts, which I'm sure would be remedied to an extent by gaining weight. I don't want to be a body builder - I guess what I'm trying to do is get a little stronger, fitter and a tiny bit curvier. Do you think I'm burning too many kcals with what I've suggested?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SophiaKeuning
I think you look lovely! You don't look like a 'stick' (as people so kindly name skinny people) at all. You're just a petite person and I think you have a lovely healthy figure.
Nevertheless, good luck. :biggrin:

Aw thank you very much :biggrin:
Reply 19
I'm not going to stay skinny just so I can look taller. I don't think being short is a bad thing, and actually I think to a degree having a stronger body shape can make you look less short!

We weight about the same :smile: What's your regime?
I do sports (I was in a sports team in High School). I eat fairy healthy (at least try too), but not too much food. I can't eat more then what makes me full otherwise I feel sick.
I started eating 3-4 meals a day (2-3 meals + a snack or two sometimes).
I eat enough proteins.

Quick Reply

Latest