The Student Room Group

My Weight Gain Blog (Female)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca
Do you eat much fruit and veg? There isn't much here.

Yeah I know :frown: I'm aiming for raisins, 2 kiwis, a banana, an apple, 4 dates, fruit cocktail and a glass of fruit juice a day. I didn't achieve all of that yesterday.

I'm finding it difficult to find a way to incorporate vegetables into my diet. Does anyone know some cheap, easy to cook veg I can add to my plate?
Original post by Chrisateen
OK one thing I would tell you is that people will always have something to say about your weight. When I was more than half way through losing weight people started saying (including my mum) that I was too skinny despite my BMI was above 25 and almost got into an argument with someone over my weight.

At the end of the day only you should decide what you want to do and you just gonna have to ignore the negative comments as if you do listen to others your'e just going to get even more frustrated.

With regards to you getting fat you won't get fat unless you gain weight really fast and really unhealthy. If you take your time with it and make sure you do weight training then most of that gain would be muscle rather than fat.

Also no I don't think I am going to do a blog particularly looking at some of the negativity on here. I am going to do (when I finish with the weight loss) a before and after post. Then do a before and after pics after my bulk and cut cycle in order to show people on here that gaining some muscle is not a bad thing.

The fact that you almost got into an argument about your weight with someone just proves that people are way too invested in other's appearance. I really don't know why people judge.

I started this blog to track my own progress and look for tips. My doctor told me to put on weight as I'm 6.5 stone. Some male comes on and tells me weight gain can NEVER be a good thing unless I've got naturally big boobs and that since he and his friends enjoy a rock climbers body, that's what I should be aiming for instead. But my goal isn't to look like that, my goal is clearly to put on weight as stated in the title. Since this isn't unhealthy, I don't get that comment. I'm 6.5 stone!!! It's not like I'm trying to be fat!

Good luck with your goal :biggrin: You're lucky to be so tall, it's so much more forgiving in terms of weight!
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Here's my starting photograph

Please don't change. Most girls would kill to have your body - and most boys would kill to get with you.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Please don't change. Most girls would kill to have your body - and most boys would kill to get with you.

Haha thank you! But I really don't think so :frown:
Good on you for putting on all that weight :smile:!

thank you! good luck to you too <3
Reply 85
Yeah I know :frown: I'm aiming for raisins, 2 kiwis, a banana, an apple, 4 dates, fruit cocktail and a glass of fruit juice a day. I didn't achieve all of that yesterday.

I'm finding it difficult to find a way to incorporate vegetables into my diet. Does anyone know some cheap, easy to cook veg I can add to my plate?

Seriously? Practically ALL veg is cheap and easy to cook :s-smilie: If you want even more convenience, buy frozen (which is still as good for you) then you won't have to worry about eating too much and it going off etc.
Original post by ily_em
Seriously? Practically ALL veg is cheap and easy to cook :s-smilie: If you want even more convenience, buy frozen (which is still as good for you) then you won't have to worry about eating too much and it going off etc.

Yeah, seriously. I just don't know. Thanks :smile:
Am I the only one who finds something a little weird about this thread?
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Am I the only one who finds something a little weird about this thread?

What's weird about it? It's someone who weighs little and wants to change their diet and activity - in the 'fitness blogs' forum. :s-smilie:
What's weird about it? It's someone who weighs little and wants to change their diet and activity - in the 'fitness blogs' forum. :s-smilie:

I was more specifically referring to the fact that you want to "gain weight and tone up" and how you went from eating over 4000 calories one day to eating 1000 and walking for two hours the next. You seem a little odd to me.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
I was more specifically referring to the fact that you want to "gain weight and tone up" and how you went from eating over 4000 calories one day to eating 1000 and walking for two hours the next. You seem a little odd to me.

I'm an odd person because I'm just starting to try and improve my lifestyle and haven't got it exactly right yet. OK. And as I said, tone was probably the wrong word. I want to put on a bit of weight and a bit of muscle. I walked for 2 hours because I was out shopping, not because I thought it would be a great idea. I don't know why you bother to comment just to call me odd. How is that helping you? The only effect of that is making me feel crap about the whole thing.
(edited 12 years ago)
I believe you can improve some bodies with weight gain, as not everybody favours the skinny look. Slim yes, skinny no.
I'm 6 and a half stone, putting on weight is not going to hurt me. I appreciate your advice, and I know you're only posting to help me - and I am going to exercise but I do feel I'd be happier if I put on a little weight. Thanks

Your weight is fine for your height and you are not too skinny either. I do think that toning would be bar far the best way for you to go as putting on weight will most likely hide any natural curves you have and add fat bumps instead.
Original post by Jimbo1234
Your weight is fine for your height and you are not too skinny either. I do think that toning would be bar far the best way for you to go as putting on weight will most likely hide any natural curves you have and add fat bumps instead.

I'll see how it goes :smile: I know I'm not going to look awful at 7 stone so when I do reach that milestone I will assess how it's going.
I'm an odd person because I'm just starting to try and improve my lifestyle and haven't got it exactly right yet. OK. And as I said, tone was probably the wrong word. I want to put on a bit of weight and a bit of muscle. I walked for 2 hours because I was out shopping, not because I thought it would be a great idea. I don't know why you bother to comment just to call me odd. How is that helping you? The only effect of that is making me feel crap about the whole thing.

Alright, don't cry.
I know I'm not going to look awful at 7 stone

You actually might. Your fat reservoirs will grow, so you won't even look skinny any more. You'll become short AND chubby - not a good combination.
Just stop this pointless weight-gaining thing. You're fine as you are. Wear heels, more make-up and a padded bra if you want to feel more feminine.
You actually might. Your fat reservoirs will grow, so you won't even look skinny any more. You'll become short AND chubby - not a good combination.
Just stop this pointless weight-gaining thing. You're fine as you are. Wear heels, more make-up and a padded bra if you want to feel more feminine.

You think I'm going to be chubby at 7 stone? Bull****. I don't think there's anything wrong with being short either. What a comment, especially from a man. You wouldn't know much about femininity.

I make a blog, to track my progress and get weight gain tips. This is what I want and I've made it clear I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little heavier. I get that's not what you like but it's what I want and it isn't unhealthy. 7 stone isn't chubby at any height unless you're 3ft tall.
(edited 12 years ago)
You think I'm going to be chubby at 7 stone?...femininity.... I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little heavier

Well, you've said yourself that you've got a little belly already, and that is sure to grow if you put on weight; so that's definitely the wrong way to go.

I personally don't have a problem with short girls, but I know that most of them don't feel very feminine and attractive because of it. If that's not the
case with you: good!

Your weight is perfectly healthy and fine for your height. You could put on weight and your BMI would still be good, but I just don't see the need, and
it seems I am not the only one here. If you are publicly speaking about your weight gain plans, you have to expect reactions like these; completely
disregarding them suggest you just want attention.
Well, you've said yourself that you've got a little belly already, and that is sure to grow if you put on weight; so that's definitely the wrong way to go.

I personally don't have a problem with short girls, but I know that most of them don't feel very feminine and attractive because of it. If that's not the
case with you: good!

Your weight is perfectly healthy and fine for your height. You could put on weight and your BMI would still be good, but I just don't see the need, and
it seems I am not the only one here. If you are publicly speaking about your weight gain plans, you have to expect reactions like these; completely
disregarding them suggest you just want attention.

I really don't think most short girls feel unfeminine and unattractive just 'cos of their height, you must know some very insecure girls. I just wanted weight gain tips and most people in real life tell me I'm wayyyy too skinny, that's why I thought I might have support and tips here. Obviously I'm already chubby or something and I just don't know it.
most people in real life tell me I'm wayyyy too skinny

You know why they do that? Out of insecurity. They look really big next to you, and therefore subconsciously want you to
gain weight even if they think your weight is ok. Happens even with bestest friends! Female psyche is one tricky bugger...
snip

You know why they do that? Out of insecurity. They look really big next to you, and therefore subconsciously want you to
gain weight even if they think your weight is ok. Happens even with bestest friends! Female psyche is one tricky bugger...

Amen to that. The only reason people say OP is skinny is because they will be fat as she is clearly not skinny, simply average. This is what happens when a quarter of the nation is obese and almost half are overweight. Anyone who is not a fat ****er is slated as being some starving bulimic.

Quick Reply

Latest