The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Speech and Language Therapy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by juliamcgowan26
Hi, so glad you decided to go ahead! I'll see you there!! I'm sure you have plenty of experience given that you were chosen out of 200 odd applicants. Someone obviously felt you had what it takes!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thanks Julia! :smile:
Hi everyone,

Hope you've all had a great bank holiday weekend :smile: Just a quick question to those of you have got into Essex Uni. Have you heard anything back from Paula yet?? I sent my acceptance of the place form back ages ago and haven't had an email yet! Just wanted to check that you were all in the same position? Xxx
Hey Rachel,

Sorry my phone won't let me quote you!! I heard back from Paula on wednesday, she said she'd received my acceptance letter and that I had been registered for the bursary so just waiting for my number to come through. Also, it looks like my cheque has been cashed, so that's one way of checking if she has received your letter. Hope that helps xxx
Reply 963
Hello all! I've never been on here before - only came on through someone else's suggestion and now I've found just what I was looking for!

I've been accepted to Essex for speech therapy as well - my interview was the 1st of May so same as you lollypop? I think I remember you - if you said you're the girl from Liverpool then I definitely do! I was in your group interview with you.

I had a bit of extra email stuff from an admin man at Essex as they helpfully lost the copy of my degree certificate that they took on the interview day. And Paula also said that I (so assume we) should hear from PG Admissions within the next couple of weeks and that I've been registered (so again assume we all have) for the bursary so again we hear from them in due with a number which we use to complete the bursary application.

Its all highly exciting!

Georgina xx
Original post by geebee07
Hello all! I've never been on here before - only came on through someone else's suggestion and now I've found just what I was looking for!

I've been accepted to Essex for speech therapy as well - my interview was the 1st of May so same as you lollypop? I think I remember you - if you said you're the girl from Liverpool then I definitely do! I was in your group interview with you.

I had a bit of extra email stuff from an admin man at Essex as they helpfully lost the copy of my degree certificate that they took on the interview day. And Paula also said that I (so assume we) should hear from PG Admissions within the next couple of weeks and that I've been registered (so again assume we all have) for the bursary so again we hear from them in due with a number which we use to complete the bursary application.

Its all highly exciting!

Georgina xx

Hey!!!

Yay! Congratulations!!!! I thought you were really good in the group interview, so you definitely deserve a place!! Yep I'm the scouse one (Laura :-) ) so excited!! Xxx
Reply 965
Thanks Laura! So were you! Although its impossible to know what they're looking for in those kind of situations eh?

Now I definitely remember what you look like and what you were like (very nice, of course!) etc so I definitely know who you are, but its either you or one other person on that day that also had someone in the army... I'm 90% sure its you - tell me my memory is perfectly correct? Haha

xxx
Original post by lollypop1389
Hey Rachel,

Sorry my phone won't let me quote you!! I heard back from Paula on wednesday, she said she'd received my acceptance letter and that I had been registered for the bursary so just waiting for my number to come through. Also, it looks like my cheque has been cashed, so that's one way of checking if she has received your letter. Hope that helps xxx

Ah okay, thank you! I hope I get an email from her this week.....if not I shall be emailing her to check that they recieved my acceptance letter (I did send it by special delivery so it should have got there!). Thanks again for your help :smile: Has anyone else (Gemma, Fleur, Abi) heard back from Paula?? xxx

Its all highly exciting!

Georgina xx

Congratulations on getting on the MSc :smile: Looking forward to meeting everyone at Essex in September! xx p.s. I think that we should set up a Facebook group soon? What does everyone think?
Reply 968
Original post by Rachel_Joanna
Ah okay, thank you! I hope I get an email from her this week.....if not I shall be emailing her to check that they recieved my acceptance letter (I did send it by special delivery so it should have got there!). Thanks again for your help :smile: Has anyone else (Gemma, Fleur, Abi) heard back from Paula?? xxx

Hey,

nope i've not heard anything yet, although my cheque has been cashed so I'm assuming she's received my acceptance letter! I'm getting quite impatient waiting to hear more so hopefully we'll get the next email this week. Yep, I think setting up a facebook group would be a good idea :smile:

Abi xxx
Hi girls,

I'm just looking into finances for the course and just wanted to check it's only the nhs bursary you can apply for? Not a student loan aswell?

Thanks

Laura
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 970
Original post by Rachel_Joanna

Hey,

I got an e-mail from Paula, but I emailed her first so that's why. It just said to wait for an e-mail from post grad admissions and nhs basically. They also helpfully lost my degree transcript too, so had an e-mail about that xxx
Reply 971
Original post by lauraspeechie
Hi girls,

I'm just looking into finances for the course and just wanted to check it's only the nhs bursary you can apply for? Not a student loan aswell?

Thanks

Laura

Hey Laura, you can apply for an NHS bursary and if that isn't enough you can apply for a career development loan through Barclays/ the Co Op (this is a low interest loan of up to £10,000 for people doing postgrad/ vocational courses). You won't be able to get a student loan if you took one out for a previous degree.
Hi Jennifex,

Thanks for your help! I'll look into those options.

Laura xx

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Thanks Laura! So were you! Although its impossible to know what they're looking for in those kind of situations eh?

Now I definitely remember what you look like and what you were like (very nice, of course!) etc so I definitely know who you are, but its either you or one other person on that day that also had someone in the army... I'm 90% sure its you - tell me my memory is perfectly correct? Haha

xxx

I know, you just see them writing and it makes you really paranoid wondering is it good or bad things lol. Yes thats me- haha my boyfriend's just been posted to Germany for the next two years - at least I wont feel so bad about neglecting him seeing as how we'll be having zero social life lol!! :colondollar: xxxx
Reply 974
Rachel - yes a facebook group is a good idea - have you just volunteered to set it up? How nice of you... :tongue:

Laura (lollypop Laura!) - Yay I knew it was you! You were very nice too, so nice to have you on the course! Germany?! And for 2 years!! How often will you see him? I suppose I can't complain about the distance between London and Windsor now really haha. No social life is pretty much correct eh. Hmm. Oh well! We'll all somehow make our own fun...

Gemma - kind of annoying isnt it, losing the copy of what you brought them! Luckily I had a scan of mine saved on my computer - hope you've managed to sort out getting yours to them? He suggested sending it in the post - no way!

xxx
Reply 975

Gemma - kind of annoying isnt it, losing the copy of what you brought them! Luckily I had a scan of mine saved on my computer - hope you've managed to sort out getting yours to them? He suggested sending it in the post - no way!

xxx

Yeah it was annoying but I just sent mine in the post as it's just a current transcript, not my final one as I graduate in July and will get my final one then. xxx
Rachel - yes a facebook group is a good idea - have you just volunteered to set it up? How nice of you... :tongue:

Yes I don't mind setting a Facebook group up :smile: Gonna wait until i've heard back from Paula first though.....otherwise knowing my luck I would set it all up and then be told that the Uni haven't received my acceptance letter and cheque, lol! xxx

Laura (lollypop Laura!) - Yay I knew it was you! You were very nice too, so nice to have you on the course! Germany?! And for 2 years!! How often will you see him? I suppose I can't complain about the distance between London and Windsor now really haha. No social life is pretty much correct eh. Hmm. Oh well! We'll all somehow make our own fun...

xxx

Ha well any distance is tough! Think we're gonna plan for 2 weekends a month to see each other. At least I'm sorted for a holiday destination for the next couple of summers :-) I got an email today with the online CRB aplication and my number and everything so I'm guessing everyone should be getting that through soon :-D xxxxx
Reply 978
Yeah I suppose Germany is a bit of a nicer holiday destination than the current classic army hotspots - i.e. Afghanistan!

Yeah I got the CRB email through today too and just completed it - it looks like we just turn up to the registry office on the campus at any point? So, not specific to our course or going anywhere specific to us either. The website says its open 10-12 and 3-4 until the 16th of july, monday-friday. Better choose a train journey...

xxx
Original post by lollypop1389
Ha well any distance is tough! Think we're gonna plan for 2 weekends a month to see each other. At least I'm sorted for a holiday destination for the next couple of summers :-) I got an email today with the online CRB aplication and my number and everything so I'm guessing everyone should be getting that through soon :-D xxxxx

Yeah I suppose Germany is a bit of a nicer holiday destination than the current classic army hotspots - i.e. Afghanistan!

Yeah I got the CRB email through today too and just completed it - it looks like we just turn up to the registry office on the campus at any point? So, not specific to our course or going anywhere specific to us either. The website says its open 10-12 and 3-4 until the 16th of july, monday-friday. Better choose a train journey...

xxx

Hi girls. I got the CRB email through today too :smile: Quick question, did you put down all the houses you have lived at during the last 5 years (including Uni Halls, and Uni houses etc) or just your main address/ parents address?? I'm really confused and want to get the online form done asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also Georgina how did you find out about the times and dates that we can go to the Uni with our documents by? Thanks xxx

Quick Reply

Latest