The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

How hard is getting into Dundee?

So I want to apply for English and Creative Writing at Dundee and I am wondering if there are a lot of applicants for English every year. I am from Germany and got an average from 2.5 which is the least they are asking for. Is it probable that with a good personal statement I am able to get in? Or is it quite competetive?
An idea might be to apply for a history or politics degree and then pick English modules along with the compulsory modules and then, when in third year, change to an English degree. A lot of people do this.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Does this mean that it really is that hard to get an offer? Are there a lot more people applying for english than for any other courses?
Wow... now I am shocked. I thought it wouldn't be that hard in Dundee. Taking History wouldn't be an alternative for me because it is not a subject I would like to do for a couple of years only because I couldn't get into the course I wanted to do.
I like to have a historical look at literature and to talk about how history has influenced literature and vice versa but that's it.
Reply 3
Original post by ~Wonderwall~
Does this mean that it really is that hard to get an offer? Are there a lot more people applying for english than for any other courses?
Wow... now I am shocked. I thought it wouldn't be that hard in Dundee. Taking History wouldn't be an alternative for me because it is not a subject I would like to do for a couple of years only because I couldn't get into the course I wanted to do.
I like to have a historical look at literature and to talk about how history has influenced literature and vice versa but that's it.

it's been a while. did you get in? is it really that hard?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest