The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess an obvious choice would be a doctor- but i don't know- I think I may be too embaressed to go around poking old peoples' squishy bits.:redface:

Perhaps some arty farty course of some sort.
Reply 2
If Veterinary didn't exits (Scary thought :eek: ) I would probably do Dentistry.
Medicine would seem like the natural choice but I don't like the setup within medicine, where you pass people on to speciailists and very rarely see a case right through from diagnosis to cure.
I always knew I would do one of VetMed, Medicine or Dentistry - if VetMed was out of that equation Dentistry would be my next preference.
Reply 3
I think if I couldn't do VetMed I think that I would probably do something with animals still, not really sure what though maybe animal science? I'm just glad I'm doing something that I love.
Reply 4
i would probably be a footballer, or a zoo keeper, or a property developement television programme presenter, probably in that order!!! lol

would definately not be a doctor, nor a dentist!!!
Reply 5
I would probably do physiotherapy if there was no vet course, and then i would do the animal physio postgrad degree and set up a practice for physio for both animals and people
Reply 6
Yeah, I think I'd probably go for doctor too, it would be weird though! And to som extent it would be for the money; you'd have to pay me well to not work with animals!!
Or something to do with law, but I don't think i'd make a decent lawyer, maybe a business women of some sort with a huuuuuuge company all over the world lol!!
Reply 7
I'd be a physiotherapist. I used to work as a physio assistant and it was really interesting. If I hadn't wanted to work with animals that's probably what I'd be doing.:smile:
Reply 8
I would want to fly jet fighters, be an army farrier, be sailing crew in Barbados, play polo professionally, be a personal shopper in Harrods or be a swanky diplomat in London, where I could wear lovely clothes, that Trinny and Susannah would approve of, to work.

In fact once i've graduated, might go do those things instead. My ambition was to get a vet degree, not particularly use it!!
Reply 9
i would be a farmer - sheep and cattle ..or possibly pigs...
I wonder where Messy is getting his/her hunderds of thousands or millions of pounds to start up this farm which will, due to the present climate, undoubtdley make a loss.
Strange how many wannabe vets have little knowledge of the farming industry.
I want to be a pilot!!! (If vets didn't exist)
Reply 12
A farmer definatly probably with riding stables as well in fact i'd take over my old riding instructors farm cz i love it and do up the stables ... lol then again i might end up doing that
Reply 13
i don't really know. it kinda changes quite often.
but i think it'd probby be a chemist, zookeeper, then a doctor. respectively.

yeah. (=
Reply 14
if i weren't so dead set on being a vet my dad would probably have pushed me towards the economics/business side, but ugh why would i wanna do that? (hehe no offence to anybody :smile: )

i might have decided to be an animal behaviourist or an environmentalist of some sort
Reply 15
professional polocrosse player ...
Reply 16
I'd work on a game reserve in africa i reckon, well thats what im doing next summer, either that or if no animals whatsoever were allowed or sciency things i'd be a lawyer
I have to say I think it shows a real lack of understanding to declare if you weren't going to be a vet you would be "a farmer, sheep and cattle - possibly pigs". Farming is not a hobby and to start a farm now would require over a million pounds in capital expenditure. That is the problem with the veterinary undergraduate - a real lack of knowledge of the underbelly of agriculture.
Reply 18
I really don't know..id like to be a farmer but dont have a farm lol:p:
I really don't know, maybe an equine phsiotherapist or riding instructor, or i might have done a degree in modern languages and seen where it took me...
Reply 19
aka_chloe
I'd work on a game reserve in africa i reckon, well thats what im doing next summer, either that or if no animals whatsoever were allowed or sciency things i'd be a lawyer

I'd love to work on a game reserve in africa if vets didnt exist or a riding instructor or something!

Latest

Trending

Trending