The Student Room Group

Top Midlands Club

Poll

Top Midlands team 11/12

Who will finish number one Midlands club this season, who will be crowned top dogs of the midlands, the kings of the midlands?

I think WBA. They beat Wolves and then beat Villa in their own back yard.

Between Stoke and WBA.

Villa are on the decline. Wolves not good enough.
Reply 1
Villa. Not doing good but can pick it up I'm hoping. Not that i support them, just like them.

Don't like Stoke really, don't mind 'em, and Wolves, well they aren't coming above any of those!
Reply 2
The Pride of the Midlands - Aston Villa FC
Reply 3
Original post by TRS-T

If they were still in the PL, Forest would have that title.

Big if...

Villa should be ahead of the rest by the end of the season. Stoke and WBA are a toss up.

Wolves will be at the bottom of those.
Reply 4
Original post by TRS-T

No.. Head to Head =
PL PTS
1) WBA 3 6
2) Stoke 1 3
3) Wolves 2 1
4) Villa 2 1
Reply 5
Villa will finish highest.

Wolves lowest.

Stoke hopefully go into administration.
Villa
Stoke
Baggies
Wolves
Hopefully us, but in reality I am not so sure
Villa will get there in the end. They're certainly the midlands biggest football team, and one that really deserves to be at least competing for the Europa League places. Stoke are an ugly football team who play disgustingly unsporting anti-football and are primarily supported by a parade of small-time, lower league style "fans" that would rather boo and taunt opposition clubs they have no real rivalry with than to actually support their own team. Wolves aren't a Premier League quality side, and WBA are a bit of a non-entity.
Reply 9
Original post by IanDangerously
Villa will get there in the end. They're certainly the midlands biggest football team, and one that really deserves to be at least competing for the Europa League places. Stoke are an ugly football team who play disgustingly unsporting anti-football and are primarily supported by a parade of small-time, lower league style "fans" that would rather boo and taunt opposition clubs they have no real rivalry with than to actually support their own team. Wolves aren't a Premier League quality side, and WBA are a bit of a non-entity.

What do you mean Villa deserves to? They are playing rubbish, poor team.. just because your a big club doesn't make you deserve to compete for Europe League, you have to earn it. And calling WBA a non entity makes no sense!?
West Brom are a poor man's Walsall tbf :holmes:
Reply 11
Original post by Colbert
West Brom are a poor man's Walsall tbf :holmes:

Villa 1-2 WBA :holmes:
Stoke are in the Europa league i think people forget that
Original post by Shane Long
What do you mean Villa deserves to? They are playing rubbish, poor team.. just because your a big club doesn't make you deserve to compete for Europe League, you have to earn it. And calling WBA a non entity makes no sense!?

WBA are along the same lines as a Norwich or a Sunderland, there's nothing remarkable or noteworthy about them whatsoever that makes them memorable or stand-out to the average fan of other clubs. If you asked fans from other parts of the country to name two Midlands teams the majority would say Villa and Stoke or Villa and Birmingham because there's something noticeable about them. Villa being the best known amongst supporters, Stoke for their style of football and Birmingham for their Carling Cup win last season.

West Brom, Wolves, Fulham, Norwich, etc are just your average run of the mill lower half Premiership teams with average squads and very little to stick in the memory.

Quick Reply

Latest