The Student Room Group

G671 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scatach
For the 24 I wrote about Odgen (2002) and how he agreed with Hebdige's "youth as trouble" statement. I also (loosely) wrote about the media portraying the middle class as having a higher status, which Bradley (1996) said. I might have added Clarke (1976) in, but I can't remember >_<

Those two sound right to me - I did popular and high culture, also I don't think I explained it anywhere near as well enough.

Why talk about class if the question was age identity?
when do we get results and when are re-sits?
Reply 42
Original post by Steve Axford

Because it also said media, so you can say how the media affects other identites such as class.
What examples did you guys use for Q1, the concept of Values? I really really really messed that up!
The question was how does the media affect age identities .. not how does it affect identity. And for values i said : general principles of beliefs about what is desirable and worthwhile. Moral values usually refer to whats right and wrong. For example stealing is a moral value and it is considered wrong. Some values are universal , for example , most countries value life and good health. Other are relative and can differ between societies; for example , British values may include democracy , wealth and romance whereas other societies may not.
Reply 45

What do you think makes up your identity?
Original post by Scatach
What do you think makes up your identity?

The question was : How does the media affect AGE identities wasnt it? u can make slight correlations but nothing in detail. for example i used McRobbie's slimblondness and Oakleys canalization to explain how the medis sexualises young girls yet women who are seen to be getting old are being replaced. Used examples of like BBC and Countryfile.
Reply 47
The question was : How does the media affect AGE identities wasnt it? u can make slight correlations but nothing in detail. for example i used McRobbie's slimblondness and Oakleys canalization to explain how the medis sexualises young girls yet women who are seen to be getting old are being replaced. Used examples of like BBC and Countryfile.

Sure, and age identity is reliant on your class. The only difference really is that your class is more ascribed at a younger age, rather than being achieved - you rely on your parents' class, which will in turn change your age identity. At least I'm hoping I can convince my examiner that :colone:
haha :P ye thats a good point. hopefully a generous examiner , i wnna re-sit anyway to try get 90%+ , how u finding the next stuff on family and stuff? seems BORING AS HELL. Whereas i enjoyed the last stuff (g671 bit)
Reply 49
haha :P ye thats a good point. hopefully a generous examiner , i wnna re-sit anyway to try get 90%+ , how u finding the next stuff on family and stuff? seems BORING AS HELL. Whereas i enjoyed the last stuff (g671 bit)

Ahh I'm the complete opposite. I'm enjoying learning more about the functionalist/marxist/feminist perspectives, and absolutely hated anything to do with research methods!
Reply 50
Original post by the_sociology_scholar
Hi Everyone

I've started analysis of the PRM for the G671 OCR AS Sociology exam which is on the 12th January 2012. The following post is my guess as to what the 52 mark question may be. I'll post some guesses as to what the other questions might be in the next couple of days. PM me your email address if you want me to send you elctronic copies of anything.

the_sociology_scholar

Hiya, I was wondering if you could help me on G671 OCR AS Sociology exam in May (because I'm retaking).
Yes, I can help- pm me your email address.
Reply 52
Hi, Have you read the pre-material for Exam in May 2012?? ( (Nayak, Anoop~ 2006 Displaced Masculinities)

Ethnography

Can you give me a hand to analyze it ?

Thank you in advance !
Reply 53
Hi can you give us a hand on the upcoming exam in May 2012?
Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Could you please tell me the 52 mark questions you think will pop up and answers which will gain full marks for each possible question please? Also would you be able to predict the other questions that may pop up? (OCR, AS)
There is another thread for G671 summer 2012- if you search for it you will find what you asked for.
Original post by the_sociology_scholar
There is another thread for G671 summer 2012- if you search for it you will find what you asked for.

Could you please send me the link, I can't find it.
I think I know the questions that will come up. There are four possible questions. If I give you the questions, could you please answer them so they're all 52/52?
Reply 58
hi can you someone help me?
how do i stucture the 16 and 24 markers?
and also.. my teacher came up with some predicted questions which i'll give in a secound
one of his 16 predicted marker was ''how education influences social class behavior''

i just want to ask what would be the difference between behavior and identity? what would i write?
so confused! please help
Reply 59
hi can you someone help me?
how do i stucture the 16 and 24 markers?
and also.. my teacher came up with some predicted questions which i'll give in a secound
one of his 16 predicted marker was ''how education influences social class behavior''

i just want to ask what would be the difference between behavior and identity? what would i write?
so confused! please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending