The Student Room Group

Save MUN!

right, as we all know 4 active members have recently dropped out, at the same time, i cant help but feel that since christmas, MUN II has started going downhill. there seem to be less and less debates going on.

to resolve this i have a proposal. if all delegates could meet, say twice a week in this forum, then there should be plenty of people around to debate with. generally i think the problem is somebody answering, then not leaviong because nobody has responded. i am sure that if dates could be agreed all delegates could be PMed and the forum revived.

of course you could still post at other points than the two meets a week allocated but at these points more people would be active.

i suggest we meet in evenings, maybe once at the weekend and once around midweek.

so what do you guys think of this?

if we can arrange dates, i'm sure with the SC's approval, he could PM everyone and we could get started ASAP.:wink:
"I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!"
"No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting."

I'm back.
Reply 2
JonathanH
"I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!"
"No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting."

I'm back.

i never thought i would say this but :party:

so why were you "permanently" banned?
Reply 3
Good idea, although may be difficult to organise as we all have different schedules it should be fairly successful.

My ideas for getting new members to "Fill the gaps" (WE Foster, on his Education act 1970... Oh god why oh why was my head filled with irrelevent information for GCSE History? why?) are located in the "welcome to the MUN II" thread
Reply 4
YAY! JonathanH has returned.. the prodigical son of the MUN II!
Reply 5
What do you think me and some other members are trying to do? Anyway, your idea has merit, however just a suggestion: Instead of having that so strict, just have that as the minimum/mandatory amount of attendance. Members can act just as they are now, i.e. like me, post a lot, or like others, abandon their country, but when they've missed these limits three times, they are kicked out and their country is free for the taking.
Reply 6
Maybe members who haven't messaged in this forum for a certain amount of time can be challenged by another member and members can vote to decide whether that member is allowed to stay. I say "if hasnt posted for a certain amount of time" because if that wasnt the case we'd have about 20 polls open at the moment.

I must say however Im pleased there are several active threads at the moment..
Reply 7
Certainly the MUN is much more active than it was previously.
Reply 8
I agree with fr browne. Before I came, I observed, and we seemed empty. Now we have a few new (and decent) threads every few days. We're alright so far... but people can't help the pressures of life, etc.
Reply 9
If we had threads and posts at the rate of the rest of D&D, it would be more interesting.
teehar
so why were you "permanently" banned?

Honestly have no idea. Never got an explanation. Just appealed to pig and he apparently investigated and then commuted it to a week.
Reply 11
Someone said that you had said you wished all Arabs destroyed... That allegation's somewhere in D&D, and it's the closest we've got to solving that mystery!
Reply 12
Are you still representing Micronesia?
Jangliss
Someone said that you had said you wished all Arabs destroyed... That allegation's somewhere in D&D, and it's the closest we've got to solving that mystery!

Seeing as that would involve killing my neighbour who gives me free stuff at my favourite schwarma place, as well as numerous friends I have made at Model UN conferences, and still keep in contact with, somehow I think that my words have been taken out of context. Not that that would be terribly unusual.

Nightowl

I believe so.
Nightowl

I believe so.
Reply 15
I'm going to propose Lone Fox for the UK
Reply 16
Where is the appropriate place to nominate UK candidates? I know the "Another one bites the dust" thread is Russia..
*ahem*

There isn't one, yet. Just a moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending