The Student Room Group

Art foundation applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Come to think of it I might as well post my portfolio too. It's not done but feedback would be great. (I don't expect to be accepted but feedback it always useful)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffeeberries/sets/72157629072367601/
omg, your illustrations and observational drawings are incredible! The only advice I would give is to add a little more work? or mix up the materials! You haven't heard back yet and I hear no news is good news, so you may be accepted already! Good luck :biggrin:
Your drawings are veryyyy good and detailed! Don´t stress.. People when you think about it we have so many years in front of us, and this area is so subjective! Hope it goes better with CSM and other schools really! Keep me updated on any offers and interviews:smile:
Original post by arty
don't be! Your work is amazing, you have such a style already. Seriously the portfolio review was an absolute breeze.

aw, thankyou so much, that means a lot! still can't help but be nervous haha, it's all happening so fast. :O
Original post by Quiet Heartbeats
omg, your illustrations and observational drawings are incredible! The only advice I would give is to add a little more work? or mix up the materials! You haven't heard back yet and I hear no news is good news, so you may be accepted already! Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you! And yup, I've added some more work but I'm awfully aware of my lack of colour and experimentation in general. I'm also pretty worried that I've put too many personal digital pieces which are heavily stylized rather than more realistic traditional stuff.

/sigh I really should paint more
Reply 65
Signed up so I could join this thread!
I've applied for CCW, Kingston and one of my local colleges.

Am I the only one who's still sorting out their Flickr account for Kingston? I always leave things 'til last minute. =/
Here is it, if anyone wants a look. http://www.flickr.com/photos/malamutinta/sets/72157628704998787/

Really worried now, I wish I had a couple more days to sort this out.
Reply 66
ahhaa cheers guys! i literally have no idea what they are looking for, does anyone who got an interview fancy sharing their flickr? its just im going crazy trying to think of what i could have changed / done!
Original post by Malax
Signed up so I could join this thread!
I've applied for CCW, Kingston and one of my local colleges.

Am I the only one who's still sorting out their Flickr account for Kingston? I always leave things 'til last minute. =/
Here is it, if anyone wants a look. http://www.flickr.com/photos/malamutinta/sets/72157628704998787/

Really worried now, I wish I had a couple more days to sort this out.

I'm in the exact same position, in fact I sent off my applications this afternoon. Ultimately I'm really crap at organizing my time and procrastination bites me in the arse.

Your portfolio looks pretty good! I particularly like your self portraits. They make me wanna have a go and paint myself for once!
Reply 68
Yeah, I'm exactly the same! I seriously need to learn how to manage my time properly.

Thank you! I feel really vain putting up all those self portraits, aha.
I really like your portfolio too and I love your observational drawings, the fabric ones are lovely!
Original post by Irenemelegkovits
I also got rejected from Kingston on Friday, although they had contacted my counselor and talked about how my grades were “above the basic requirements”, so it came as a shock.. They just said my flickr images could not get me a place in their foundation course.
This is my account. I have also applied to University of Kent, CSM, Goldsmiths, UCL, Parsons Paris, Parsons New York, Rhode Island School of Design, Pratt and the Beaux Art which I got in. Your work is amazing, I can´t believe they didn´t accept you. But don´t worry about it, CSM and Kingston are different schools.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stylecomesfrominside

what did u think of kent, and have u heard back yet (i got an unofficial offer in my interview and then through ucas today)
Original post by Emiliec93
ahhaa cheers guys! i literally have no idea what they are looking for, does anyone who got an interview fancy sharing their flickr? its just im going crazy trying to think of what i could have changed / done!

i didnt apply cos i mostly work with photography and didnt have enough obvs drawings and cba to do some but here is my mate's who got an interview
http://www.flickr.com/photos/indie_video_tapes/sets/72157628249002011/
Original post by Coffeeberry
I'm also pretty worried that I've put too many personal digital pieces which are heavily stylized rather than more realistic traditional stuff.

/sigh I really should paint more

no way, that's the kind of thing they're looking for! they don't just want to see school work, that doesn't show what you're about. i think you have a really good balance. :smile:
Original post by rayray12310
what did u think of kent, and have u heard back yet (i got an unofficial offer in my interview and then through ucas today)

I did not get an interview, I applied January 5th, problem is they don´t ask me for interviews because I live in Barcelona. I´m Greek/American though so I´m still considered EU/home student... Kent only has Fine art so it would be one of my safetys, and I´m doing IB. I had a 39 predicted grade with 5-6 in high level art so I hope I get in... I´m still pissed about Kingston :frown:
Reply 73
Did anyone get an email today from kingston asking them to reconfirn the link to their flickr account by the end of today?
Reply 74
Original post by carolb123
Did anyone get an email today from kingston asking them to reconfirn the link to their flickr account by the end of today?

I haven't heard a thing from Kingston, but I just sent my form off on Friday. It should have arrived yesterday, though... When I was filling out the form I had to go on to the next line for my url thingy. A little worried about that :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 75
It was weird they said they have been viewing them as they receive the applications then they said they wanted me to send an email with the link and all my final photos and everything finished by the 31st! Which is today ! Bit short notice if I hadn't checked my emails...
Guys they take loads of time to answer... They sent me the reconfirmation email, and the email about having received my application weeks after it arrived at Kingston! Has anyone been accepted at CSM?
My mate got an interview five days after applying for Kingston but she applied two weeks before the deadline so they are probably more busy now :smile:
what interviews does everyone have? :smile:
just got my interview for manchester - 1pm on the 27th of feb! sooo relieved it's in the afternoon, takes three hours to get there from where i am.

Quick Reply

Latest