The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Anatomical science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VK96
Nah I'm a medical applicant applying to Nottingham, Newcaslte, King's and Birmingham with this course as my 'backup' - not undermining it in any way of course, it looks great!

nawh I know, you need something as a backup :smile: I'm doing it as my first degree before going on to do graduate medicine (I'm not smart enough to go straight in to medicine hehe). Which uni is your first choice?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 21
Original post by misscookietastic
nawh I know, you need something as a backup :smile: I'm doing it as my first degree before going on to do graduate medicine (I'm not smart enough to go straight in to medicine hehe). Which uni is your first choice?

First choice - well, I'd like any of em really but King's would be magnificent haha :P
If you're smart enough for AnaSci (yeah just made up a word) I'm sure you'll get into grad. medicine!
Original post by VK96
First choice - well, I'd like any of em really but King's would be magnificent haha :P
If you're smart enough for AnaSci (yeah just made up a word) I'm sure you'll get into grad. medicine!

yeah, well fingers crossed then! and thanks, I love that made up word xD
Reply 23
yeah, well fingers crossed then! and thanks, I love that made up word xD

I'm going to start using it more now. What are your other choices?
Original post by VK96
I'm going to start using it more now. What are your other choices?

You so should, mind if I use it? They are all different but similar- Life Sciences at Dundee, Medical Biology at Edinburgh, Biomed at RGU and Clinical Science/Medicine FoundYr at Bradford :smile:
Reply 25
You so should, mind if I use it? They are all different but similar- Life Sciences at Dundee, Medical Biology at Edinburgh, Biomed at RGU and Clinical Science/Medicine FoundYr at Bradford :smile:

We will spread the word of AnaSci haha :P
And nice choices, medical stuff is awesome!
Original post by VK96
And nice choices, medical stuff is awesome!

haha agreed ^-^
Reply 27
Original post by VK96

You realise it takes just a slight mispronunciation, a hint of a 'l' in the middle and people will think of something entirely different :wink:
What do graduates tend to go on to do? I think most of them will probably go on to a Phd and then do research/teaching. What else do they also do apart from that. Those of you who are doing it- what are you plans after you graduate :smile:?
Reply 29
I'm applying for that too, sending off application on Monday :smile: nervous but so excited! so do you know of anyone else who is interested in doing the same course?

So far I don't know anyone else who's applying to it - but it's early days :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Sir Fox
You realise it takes just a slight mispronunciation, a hint of a 'l' in the middle and people will think of something entirely different :wink:

Oh yeah I see what you mean. Can't change it now though :tongue:!
Reply 31
Hello all,
I just have a question for any current anatomical science students at university of dundee about the time table for first year. What days would you be in for semester 1 and 2, and timings ect. Generally

I was planning to commute and it would be a good help to see how viable that would be.

K
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by K.archi
Hello all,
I just have a question for any current anatomical science students at university of dundee about the time table for first year. What days would you be in for semester 1 and 2, and timings ect. Generally

I was planning to commute and it would be a good help to see how viable that would be.

K

Hi, I'm about to go into 3rd year. You'll most likely be in five days a week varying from 9am to 6pm, sometimes with long breaks. I commuted last year and hated it with all the mish mash timings, so personally I would recommend going into accommodation.

Feel free everyone to ask any more questions!

P.S. I'll add in a shameless plug :wink: for the CAHID (centre of anatomy and human identification) society, which is for anatomy, anatomy and physiology and forensic anth students (but anyone is welcome to join!). Everyone be sure to sign up at Freshers' Week if it sounds like your thing! Day trips, nights out, guest speakers etc etc are all in the plans for next year! We'll have something for everyone :smile:
Reply 33
I'm in first year, studying anatomy but firstly we're in life sciences. We're in five days a week, Monday and Friday are lab days, I start at 9am, then a break of a few hours, then finish at 5:30. Tuseday and Thursday are lecture days, two an hour long. Wednesday is your optional module, if you stick with the life science ones, and they are 9am to 12 or 1. I'd recommend staying here. The breaks between might drag and you make good friends in halls. Feel free to ask me any more questions, happy to help
Hi, has anyone got an offer yet? Dundee is my first choice and I have offers from everywhere except there, I'm getting scared!!
I have applied for Anatomical Sciences too and I am still waiting for Dundee. I've got a conditional offer from Kings College of London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have got a conditional offer from University of Dundee today for Anatomical Sciences. Has anyone got an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just put University of Dundee as my firm choice to study Anatomical Sciences. Massive decision. Now waiting to hear about accommodation. Who else has accepted Dundee as their firm choice?
Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
London, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending