Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Am I the only one applying to PGCE secondary Geography?!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello

All forums I look on no-one has mentioned PGCE secondary Geography Just wondering where you are applying to and If you have heard back from any Uni's yet?

Currently I have an interview with Liverpool Hope coming up but still waiting to hear back from others!

Good Luck if you have an interview soon too!

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am! I have applied to Sheffield, Nottingham, Cambridge and Leicester but not heard anything yet!

Good luck with your interview! When is it?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh my.. you are the only person I have read about that is applying for geography! My interview was last Wed in Liverpool hope! Have you had any interviews yet?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am too My track has changed to Interview for Cambridge but I've not actually heard anything yet so I'm expecting a letter at some point really
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done both of you! Where else have you applied?

I have not heard of many people either!!

How did your interview go pinkcandle? Good luck for when you hear back. Nope no interviews/replies yet!

Good luck robo donkey for your interview.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm still waiting for a letter or something, not heard anything apart from had a status change on GTTR so far
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robo donkey)
    Thanks, I'm still waiting for a letter or something, not heard anything apart from had a status change on GTTR so far

Same here! I called the admissions office this morning, they said they will send out an email 10 days before the interview. If they have set the day to next year, we have to sit tight and wait for the email I guess...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks like my interview is on the 19th, awesome, that's literally I know now, eep, good luck to all applying for Geog
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Annabel*)
    Well done both of you! Where else have you applied?

I have not heard of many people either!!

How did your interview go pinkcandle? Good luck for when you hear back. Nope no interviews/replies yet!

Good luck robo donkey for your interview.
    My interview was for Liverpool Hope. It went well in regards to the presentation and questions, its just all down to my literacy test now! I haven't heard anything back yet tho.. making me nervous! I hate the waiting game! Where have you applied too?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am applying to Oxford, I was wandering if the grades have to be really high, I got a 2.1 for my degree, what about you, I am worried that Oxford/Cambridge are just too hard to get into. Also, do you have any idea what the interview will be like? I am dreading it since I have heard that they are over 1-2 days. Is that what your one is like for Cambridge?

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got offered a place at Liverpool Hope for the geog PGCE for Sept!! Im so glad I have something lined up for next year.. all I need is to gain a 2:1 now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

I have applied for Sheffield, Nottingham, Cambridge and Leicester.

Candyfloss: - I'm not sure about the grades at Oxford. I know that Cambridge say they accept people with 2:1's and above and I'm sorry I can't help with the interview as still waiting on my other options yet. Where else are you applying to?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Cambridge.... wooooo!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations and good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkCandle777)
    Congratulations and good luck
    Thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've applied for Geog PGCE, althoug I want to do it in London, so I've applied for Institute of Education, Goldsmith, and St Marys Twickenham. Speaking with students I really want to go to Goldsmith now, although I have no idea what to expect at interviews, if I get any. Can anyone shed any light, help me prep for it ?

Thanks
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Face)
    Hello,

I've applied for Geog PGCE, althoug I want to do it in London, so I've applied for Institute of Education, Goldsmith, and St Marys Twickenham. Speaking with students I really want to go to Goldsmith now, although I have no idea what to expect at interviews, if I get any. Can anyone shed any light, help me prep for it ?

Thanks
    Hey, I didn't apply to any of them universitys so I'm unsure what you would be asked to do during the interview process.
    Best advice is to stay calm and show the interviewers how enthusiastic and passionate about teaching you are and no matter what keep smiling!
    Best of luck for the interviews!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Face)
    Hello,

Thanks
    Hey,
    Did you manage to get an interview at Goldsmith?
    I have a interview with them in a couple of weeks, I'm a ball of nerves right now lol, I have no clue what to expect at the interview.

I'd be highly grateful if anyone can give me tips/advice for the interview.
    Thankss.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have an interview at Goldsmiths, but I have had 2 PGCE interviews, they both asked about my undergrad dissertation and how it relates to geography and is it relevant, they asked about my own strengths and weaknesses within the subject. I was also asked to give a mini lesson on the rainforest (I forgot some of it and still got accepted). Obviously they ask like why do you want to teach geography and that sort of thing as well as why would you put yourself into a stressful environment (ie the classroom) on purpose.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I've just heard I have a an interview on Monday at IOE, as that is my first choice, still not sure what to expect, and how to prepare, bu have just been reading around the subject ?

let me know how u get on at Goldsmith, they sounded really good at the fair!
    Thanks Robo for the advice.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.