The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminister - Fashion Buying/Merchandise Management Sept 2012

Scroll to see replies

I was told it's Northwick Park...are any of you wearing heels to the interview? X
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Hey guys, I have an interview for Fashion Buying and Merchandising at westmin this Weds and i'm sooo soo soooooo nervous! I'm really worried because i have no idea what to wear! Anyone got any advice? I'm also taking a textile based piece i created with inspiration from a recent trip to Barcelona and i'm not sure whether to take anything more fashion based? Thing is i don't really have a mega impressive portfolio :/ What do you guys reckon?
Also good luck to you all :smile:
xox
Original post by kfh34163
Hey guys, I have an interview for Fashion Buying and Merchandising at westmin this Weds and i'm sooo soo soooooo nervous! I'm really worried because i have no idea what to wear! Anyone got any advice? I'm also taking a textile based piece i created with inspiration from a recent trip to Barcelona and i'm not sure whether to take anything more fashion based? Thing is i don't really have a mega impressive portfolio :/ What do you guys reckon?
Also good luck to you all :smile:
xox

Hey:smile: yeah same I'm doing my interview then too im so scared! I am wearing a midi skirt and shirt then might wear heels/flats not too sure yet, did you get a call today sayin the interview has moved to 1.00? Are you going then or 10.00 because you can apparently choose now :smile: I am taking my textiles project as it said to bring one project from your portfolio so I wouldn't worry other girls said you dont need one! I'm sure you will do well, hope to see ya then XX
Reply 43
Original post by AlanaRedick

Hey:smile: yeah same I'm doing my interview then too im so scared! I am wearing a midi skirt and shirt then might wear heels/flats not too sure yet, did you get a call today sayin the interview has moved to 1.00? Are you going then or 10.00 because you can apparently choose now :smile: I am taking my textiles project as it said to bring one project from your portfolio so I wouldn't worry other girls said you dont need one! I'm sure you will do well, hope to see ya then XX

Woooahh no i did not! Now i'm worried! I'll send them an email i think just to be sure! Ahh thanks for telling me what your wearing, i've just been out shopping but i couldn't find anything smart that suits me! :frown: (I'm really short!) If i do get the option i'll be attending the 1.00 interview just because i'm travelling from Bristol :smile: & cheers for the portfolio advice too! It's sooo nice to talk to someone in the same boat as me. I'll definitely look out for you on Weds! :smile:
Reply 44

Also about the heels thing - I will most definitely be wearing heels even if they're tiny kitten heels! Like i said, i'm short! Haha xox
Reply 45
Also about the heels thing - I will most definitely be wearing heels even if they're tiny kitten heels! Like i said, i'm short! Haha xox

Think im just going to wear flats, there is no way I'm traveling 4 hours with a little suitcase and in heels.. I'm 5 ft 8 anyway so I think I'll be okay :smile: are your interviews this weds or next?
Reply 46
Original post by AnnieJJ

Original post by AnnieJJ
Think im just going to wear flats, there is no way I'm traveling 4 hours with a little suitcase and in heels.. I'm 5 ft 8 anyway so I think I'll be okay :smile: are your interviews this weds or next?

It's this Wednesday sweet x
Reply 47
Ahhhh, I'm the week after, 1st of feb for merchandising :smile: x
Reply 48
Ahh ok panic over! Haha! Let me know how you get on anyway!
Reply 49

Hello:smile: got an interview on the 25th for westminster fashion buying very excited/nervous but I was just wondering in my email from them it says to bring a project from the portfolio of work you have created but are all of you bringing your portfolio as well? I saw a couple of you said you were bringing your portfolio and got all scared because i dont have an arty one either? Alana X

Hey! Mines 25th too :smile: (This Weds) What are you taking in your portfolio and what are you wearing? I'm really nervous but also quite excited now! xo
Woooahh no i did not! Now i'm worried! I'll send them an email i think just to be sure! Ahh thanks for telling me what your wearing, i've just been out shopping but i couldn't find anything smart that suits me! :frown: (I'm really short!) If i do get the option i'll be attending the 1.00 interview just because i'm travelling from Bristol :smile: & cheers for the portfolio advice too! It's sooo nice to talk to someone in the same boat as me. I'll definitely look out for you on Weds! :smile:

Oh really? Well i dunno they just rung me and said its changed to 1.00 but you can still come at 10 if there is an issue although you might be in a different group if they are doing it based on group discusssions so I wouldn't worry if they needed to let you know I'm sure they would :smile: I know so glad people feel the same nerves as me! Definetlyy, seee ya there (oh and im wearing like high heels and im 5'8'' may bring flats then haha) X
Reply 51
Hey! Mines 25th too :smile: (This Weds) What are you taking in your portfolio and what are you wearing? I'm really nervous but also quite excited now! xo

I wanted to wear a smart dress, but i've left it really last minute because i was sooo stuck, so i've gone for smart black chinos, kitten heels and like a redish blazer which i'm going to wear with a blouse. Do you think i should email Westminster about the change in time? Also, if i do see you there, my name is Katie just to let you know! Haha xo
Aw that sounds really nice :smile: my friend goes to Westminster at the moment doing Journalism and said it isn't that dressy on the interview so that sounds good! I wouldn't worry about it because they may contact you anyway so just go for the original time. Nice to speak to you Katie my names Alana if you hadn't guessed already haha XX
think i've decided what i'm wearing to my interviews, definitely gonna try to wear wedges but will probably be taking them off straight after!!! haha. i would say if anyone's struggling just wear something smart-ish that represents your style, that's what i'm doing anyways :smile: just changing my top for each interview ha!

anyone with their interview tomorrow good luck! mine isn't until the 6th and have lcf to worry about before then!
Reply 54
Hii! :smile: Has anyone had their group interview at WMU for fashion merchandising? If so what kind of questions/topics did they get asked to discuss?

I'm so nervous for it, had a group interview yesterday for De mofort as my backup but it was for a fashion buying course and it didn't go too well! It was all about designer influences and i can't say i have the best knowledge about every designer. Hoping merchandising isn't that much based on designers though?
Thankyou! Laura xxxx
So I've FINALLY got my interview for both courses. Does anyone know what you have to do for the buying portfolio thingy?
Reply 56
Original post by LauraH0lt
Hii! :smile: Has anyone had their group interview at WMU for fashion merchandising? If so what kind of questions/topics did they get asked to discuss?

I'm so nervous for it, had a group interview yesterday for De mofort as my backup but it was for a fashion buying course and it didn't go too well! It was all about designer influences and i can't say i have the best knowledge about every designer. Hoping merchandising isn't that much based on designers though?
Thankyou! Laura xxxx

My interview for merchandising is on weds at wmin, pretty nervous as its my first choice :s-smilie:
Reply 57
Original post by backbreathe
think i've decided what i'm wearing to my interviews, definitely gonna try to wear wedges but will probably be taking them off straight after!!! haha. i would say if anyone's struggling just wear something smart-ish that represents your style, that's what i'm doing anyways :smile: just changing my top for each interview ha!

anyone with their interview tomorrow good luck! mine isn't until the 6th and have lcf to worry about before then!

I'll see you on Friday at LCF!
:colondollar:
Original post by AnnieJJ
I'll see you on Friday at LCF!

ill see you Friday too
Reply 59
Original post by BambieWambie
:colondollar:

ill see you Friday too

Awwh awesome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest