Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminister - Fashion Buying/Merchandise Management Sept 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnieJJ
I'll see you on Friday at LCF!

see you on friday! i'm so so nervous already haha as it'll be my first uni interview!

i'm also worrying about the maths tests now... people are saying they aren't that easy so now i'm scared i won't even get through that! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 61
i had an interview on the 25th Jan and just recieved my offer for fashion buying management at the harrow campus so i am happy. and i thought i had failed the maths test it is basically ratios and percentages but i loved the group discussion and written part x
Original post by xMitchell
i had an interview on the 25th Jan and just recieved my offer for fashion buying management at the harrow campus so i am happy. and i thought i had failed the maths test it is basically ratios and percentages but i loved the group discussion and written part x

congrats on your offer! :smile: there's a written part to the interview? i thought it was just a maths test, small individual interview and group interview?
Reply 63
Original post by backbreathe
congrats on your offer! :smile: there's a written part to the interview? i thought it was just a maths test, small individual interview and group interview?

Fashion buying might be different?
Original post by AnnieJJ
Fashion buying might be different?

i have wayyyyy to much going on in my head at the moment i think haha... read it as merchandising so that would probably makes sense! haha sorry :smile:
Reply 65
no there is no individual interview as such, basically (this is for fashion buying) you go in and you get a maths test which is about 3 pages long, then they show an image on a screen which they would like you to write about anything that comes to mind, then you get your group discussion which involves group questions and then they ask you individual questions. everyone stop worrying about the maths test because i genuinely thought i had failed i didnt even answer all the questions but i think i did really well in the group discussion so it balanced out i think. and thanks x
Reply 66
Original post by AnnieJJ
My interview for merchandising is on weds at wmin, pretty nervous as its my first choice :s-smilie:

Mines tomorrow too! Uhhh so nervous i have no idea what to expect, have you heard from anyone whose had theirs for merchandising yet? xxx
Ive got joint interview for buying/merchandising on 29th feb anyone else going to be there?
good luck to those who have their interview tomorrow! :smile: mine isn't until monday.
Reply 69
Mines on Monday too! Nervous x
what kind of questions do they ask at interview for fashion merchandise management? anyone know?
what kind of questions do they ask at interview for fashion merchandise management? anyone know?

Isn't there a maths test? I went to my lcf interview and I didn't get through to the next round. If there is then, better get revising.
Original post by BambieWambie
Isn't there a maths test? I went to my lcf interview and I didn't get through to the next round. If there is then, better get revising.

yea there is. i went for my lcf interview today and i passed the test however i found it tough so i think i better revise a bit more too.
yea there is. i went for my lcf interview today and i passed the test however i found it tough so i think i better revise a bit more too.

Do you think you got in? What was the group discussion like?
Original post by BambieWambie
Do you think you got in? What was the group discussion like?

i honestly have no idea, like i think i did well but i don't think anyone in my group did bad so i really couldn't tell. it wasn't too bad, it was mainly about discussing our work experience, a discussion on current fashion issues, and then like why we are suitable for the course. that's what was asked in the discussion i was in anyways. was much better than i thought it would be.
Reply 75
I went for a interview for the merchandising course at wmin on the 1st and 2 fashion course at LCF on the 3rd.

I GOT MY CONDITIONAL FOR WMIN! so happy :smile:
Not heard anything back from LCF yet though! Has anyone else?
Original post by AnnieJJ
I went for a interview for the merchandising course at wmin on the 1st and 2 fashion course at LCF on the 3rd.

I GOT MY CONDITIONAL FOR WMIN! so happy :smile:
Not heard anything back from LCF yet though! Has anyone else?

congrats on your offer! :smile: haven't heard back from lcf yet, i'm wondering if they're waiting for all the interviews for the course to be finished and are then making their decisions?

still waiting for westminster to re-arrange my interview from the 6th since snow problems meant i couldn't get there!! taking so long :frown:
Reply 77
Got my offer from LCF this morning, applied for both MA international fashion management and BA fashion management :smile:
they rejected me for the BAHons cOurse but have offered me a place on the masters course! :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by AnnieJJ

Original post by AnnieJJ
Got my offer from LCF this morning, applied for both MA international fashion management and BA fashion management :smile:
they rejected me for the BAHons cOurse but have offered me a place on the masters course! :smile:

Hey AnnieJJ, I guess you are over the moon. I will have an interview for the same course at LCF on 24th. They sent a Maths sampl, it seemed pretty easy; I guess they give us harder Maths on the test. How was the group interview? What did they ask?
Original post by AnnieJJ

congrats! do you know where you want to go yet? :smile:

still waiting to hear, have another interview at lcf tomorrow for buying and merchandising so hopefully i'll hear sometime soon after that.

Quick Reply