The Student Room Group

Ucl law 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
early November :smile:
Original post by charlypennington
I still havent heard anything from them, getting very nervous now as it is my favourite out of all my choices!

Same but I only applied 20th Dec. Got 1 back, another one coming soon. But I really want UCL.
Original post by charlypennington
early November :smile:

I've applied to Queenmary, Westminster, Greenwich, Keele and UCL.
So far, rejection from Queenmary and Conditional offers for the other 3 except UCL!

I havent got my LNAT result yet but I know I didnt do well :frown: Probs got under 20 and hopefully above 10 lol.

My GCSE grades was like A* a few As and mostly Bs.
My AS level grades were BBCD :frown: and predicted are 3 As.
My personal statement is very good, i know it hehe!

How much of a chance do i have at UCL? I'm feeling unconfident :frown:

I applied at early november too but did my LNAT early january!! Hate waiting
Original post by girlfromala
Hey guys! I would say that those people who got 25 and higher probably automatically get into UCL if their academic profile is good as well. I mean if you get 25 and higher you have VERY high percentage of getting into UCL.

So far, rejection from Queenmary and Conditional offers for the other 3 except UCL!

I havent got my LNAT result yet but I know I didnt do well Probs got under 20 and hopefully above 10 lol.

My AS level grades were BBCD and predicted are 3 As.

How much of a chance do i have at UCL? I'm feeling unconfident
Original post by nadia17abedin

I havent got my LNAT result yet but I know I didnt do well Probs got under 20 and hopefully above 10 lol.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but you don't stand a good chance. This is coming from a person who had much superior grades to you (without trying to sound like a big headed fool) and got rejected for law recently. They have over 2700 applicants applying for law, and this year according to the admissions office they've had a 8% increase in applications for LLB Law this year, in comparison to last. Having said that, you may have written a truly outstanding and exceptional LNAT essay and perhaps attained a remarkable LNAT score, which could put you in consideration i guess. Keep the faith though, as I'm perhaps really cynical due to my rejection.
Reply 25

No chance.

Sorry.
Reply 26

I am not quite sure I understand the list exactly. Do people post what grades they must get to enter (conditional) or the grade they were predicted? I want to get an idea of the average grades that people got in with.
Original post by tehforum
No chance.

Sorry.

Haha summed it up nicely :wink:
Reply 28
I applied 15th November and am yet to hear. According to admissions tutor on the phone she said if you haven't been rejected yet it means you're actually being considered and we should find out by the end of this month! Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by Omiclops
I applied 15th November and am yet to hear. According to admissions tutor on the phone she said if you haven't been rejected yet it means you're actually being considered and we should find out by the end of this month! Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Thanks for that, good to know. Good luck by the way.
Reply 30

Oh goodness, that makes me nervous. Fingers crossed my LNAT score isn't too horrific then! Good luck to everyone :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Well, everything still depends on your LNAT. Honestly, your grades are not standing out but you never know for sure whether this is going to be an obstacle in getting an offer. Good friend of mine 2 years ago received an offer from UCL but was also rejected by QMUL. Her LNAT was very good, academic profile - good but not so bright. I would say little bit above the average. The other example - my friend got into LSE last year though she had C in one of her subjects. Voila - an offer for Government at LSE, the course which is considered to be one of the best there. The thing with her is - her personal statement was great and really showed that she had potential. So, don't be discouraged by other people's posts. Everything is possible.
Reply 32
A very good friend of mine got AAAB for AS and was predicted 4A*s
UCL rejected her, reason being her Lnat
Reply 33
Original post by Eternal*

Was that this year?
Reply 34
Was that this year?

Yep...!
Original post by girlfromala
Well, everything still depends on your LNAT. Honestly, your grades are not standing out but you never know for sure whether this is going to be an obstacle in getting an offer. Good friend of mine 2 years ago received an offer from UCL but was also rejected by QMUL. Her LNAT was very good, academic profile - good but not so bright. I would say little bit above the average. The other example - my friend got into LSE last year though she had C in one of her subjects. Voila - an offer for Government at LSE, the course which is considered to be one of the best there. The thing with her is - her personal statement was great and really showed that she had potential. So, don't be discouraged by other people's posts. Everything is possible.

Wow, thank you for all your comments. And I know I stand an unlikely chance due to my grades, to be honest I did not have the best high school but I understand that cannot be the reason for my average grades. Anywhoo, I'm keeping faith. Thanks :smile:
Original post by tehforum
No chance.

Sorry.

Thanks for that! Lol
Original post by Eternal*

What did she get in her LNAT? Omg, my heart has just died lol
Original post by KnowstheLaw
I'm sorry to have to say this, but you don't stand a good chance. This is coming from a person who had much superior grades to you (without trying to sound like a big headed fool) and got rejected for law recently. They have over 2700 applicants applying for law, and this year according to the admissions office they've had a 8% increase in applications for LLB Law this year, in comparison to last. Having said that, you may have written a truly outstanding and exceptional LNAT essay and perhaps attained a remarkable LNAT score, which could put you in consideration i guess. Keep the faith though, as I'm perhaps really cynical due to my rejection.

You got rejected from UCL? What was the reason? And, I know :frown:
Original post by Odiem23
I got at AAA offer on Thursday 8th this month. I applied on 23rd September and did the LNAT on the 26th September

Hi, what academics did you receive? Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending