Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cricket-Best Spin Attack(India/Pakixtan)

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jai_:))
    In ODIs England don't regard them, so why should they try? Mate, you'll batter em.

Yeah I agree, Afridi is inconsistant, but when he clicks, Pak are golden. Plus, he's integral in the side. His presence means a deal.
    I know, Ajmal is enviable in his recent form. Didn't notice the rankings!

Na, think it will be contested. Never thought I'd say it, but you'll definitely put up a fight (unlike India). Your batting is the problem. England as a team are very balanced (in Tests anyway). They've got their Cook's and Bell's and KP's, plus Morgan who are all great in their respective ways. Oh and how could I forget Trott! Then Jimmy, Broad, Bresnan and Swann.....

Dunno yet. I'd say he's first pick for the number six spot, the only available and questionable spot in our line up. Its fixed with Viru, Gambhir, Dravid, SRT, Laxman making the top 5, Dhoni at 7, then bowlers. If he flops. then Rohit will be waiting to make his debut.
    Yeah, true, he does have a big presence. He's a big game player and one of our best fielders as well.

To be honest, India played in English conditions, and I always backed England. We're going to play in the UAE, which will suit us. I'm worried about Morgan and Trott, but not many of the other batsmen. As for the bowlers, Swann stands out. I think our top order will do okay against their fast bowlers, when I say okay, I mean not 12/4 after 14 overs like last time.

Ahh right. I think you'll fair better than you did in England, I'm not really impressed by their bowlers at all. Is Zaheer fit?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    In ODIs England don't regard them, so why should they try? Mate, you'll batter em
    Hahaha we should create a thread saying : Why do england play ODIs? Or why should they be allowed to play ODIs if they dont give importance to it?
    I would love to see peoples opnion ? Hahaha
    Also guys did you see History being made today? Excellent mind boggling innings by Virender Sehwag, love the way plays CAUTION WITH AGRESSION - CASUAL 219 of 180something balls! and since this thread is about spinners :P I was impressed with Rahul Sharma excellent prospect for Indian cricket knows how to mix deliveries at important parts of the game!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    Also, not everybody would rate Sobers as an all rounder. Yes, he was a great bat but he wasn't a great bowler.
    Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking. Next we'll have someone telling us that Kevin Pieterson is an off-spinner with a handy bat on him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Yeah, true, he does have a big presence. He's a big game player and one of our best fielders as well.

To be honest, India played in English conditions, and I always backed England. We're going to play in the UAE, which will suit us. I'm worried about Morgan and Trott, but not many of the other batsmen. As for the bowlers, Swann stands out. I think our top order will do okay against their fast bowlers, when I say okay, I mean not 12/4 after 14 overs like last time.

Ahh right. I think you'll fair better than you did in England, I'm not really impressed by their bowlers at all. Is Zaheer fit?
    Yup.

True. I also think India went in with some dopey perception of what playing in Eng is like. Eng have never played in the UAE before, have they? Trott is bloody wall in Tests, Morgan is experimental. Good contrasts to have. Lol, your batting is a bit iffy, but the support of your bowlers should give the batsmen some confidence.

You'd hope India would. What could be worse than being 4-nil-ed again in Aus. Against a new look team? Don't have a clue what they're doing. Praveen Kumar replaced by Abhimanyu Mithun? Are they mad? Man has hardly played for India before, let alone in a Test series :mad:

As far as I know, Zaheer is fit, and is 'warming up' in the Ranji trophy for Mumbai, and will be joining the squad in Aus.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, India played in English conditions, and I always backed England.

Besides englisj conditions was the fitness of key players, Indian cricketers play the most amount of cricket and it was expected sooner or later their fitness level would decline, like start of the year we had SA seried then world cup then many went to IPL , in span of 15 dayx no rest then WI series many seniors were rested and then The big England series where most cricketers broke, I think the key thing here we should learn to monitor players fitness level from day to day basis and pick the best XI
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razmazterz)
    Hahaha we should create a thread saying : Why do england play ODIs? Or why should they be allowed to play ODIs if they dont give importance to it?
    I would love to see peoples opnion ? Hahaha
    Also guys did you see History being made today? Excellent mind boggling innings by Virender Sehwag, love the way plays CAUTION WITH AGRESSION - CASUAL 219 of 180something balls! and since this thread is about spinners :P I was impressed with Rahul Sharma excellent prospect for Indian cricket knows how to mix deliveries at important parts of the game!
    Totally agree. Don't like it, don't play it, and then they themselves as well as their fans will have nothing to complain about.

Watched Viru's entire innings after college today. I just knew Viru was waiting to explode Great to see him, Gambhir and Raina getting runs. Yeah 219 off 149.

Rahul Sharma, yeah. Early days, but made an impact in a game which quite frankly was a dead one. There was no way in hell WI could attempt chasing 419! But he looked good I guess.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

True. I also think India went in with some dopey perception of what playing in Eng is like. Eng have never played in the UAE before, have they? Trott is bloody wall in Tests, Morgan is experimental. Good contrasts to have. Lol, your batting is a bit iffy, but the support of your bowlers should give the batsmen some confidence.

You'd hope India would. What could be worse than being 4-nil-ed again in Aus. Against a new look team? Don't have a clue what they're doing. Praveen Kumar replaced by Abhimanyu Mithun? Are they mad? Man has hardly played for India before, let alone in a Test series :mad:

As far as I know, Zaheer is fit, and is 'warming up' in the Ranji trophy for Mumbai, and will be joining the squad in Aus.
    Yeah I diagree with Mithiun praveen was injured I wouldve preffered taking a Irfahan pathan a swing bowler for another swing bowler I doubt he will get any games thou! Because they have ishant,yadav and aaron!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking. Next we'll have someone telling us that Kevin Pieterson is an off-spinner with a handy bat on him.
    ****, thats not what I meant. I meant best all rounder in history. My bad.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I diagree with Mithiun praveen was injured I wouldve preffered taking a Irfahan pathan a swing bowler for another swing bowler I doubt he will get any games thou! Because they have ishant,yadav and aaron!
    Well Irfan's been out of the team for time, dunno what his domestic profile looks like, just shocked at Mithun's inclusion. True that, Ishant will lead the fast bowlers, Yadav and Aaron are looking alright, yet to see what they'll be like though. Our bowlers are making me awfully nervous
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well Irfan's been out of the team for time, dunno what his domestic profile looks like, just shocked at Mithun's inclusion. True that, Ishant will lead the fast bowlers, Yadav and Aaron are looking alright, yet to see what they'll be like though. Our bowlers are making me awfully nervous
    Recently Irfan was in news for his 5 wicket hauls in consectuive matches ,I think hes found his form back! I wouldve liked to see Shreesanth but his injured too:/ Im actually really excited boxing day test match, I can see the bowlers being very sucessful specially Yadav ,it would suit his conditions bounce and good carry!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Recently Irfan was in news for his 5 wicket hauls in consectuive matches ,I think hes found his form back! I wouldve liked to see Shreesanth but his injured too:/ Im actually really excited boxing day test match, I can see the bowlers being very sucessful specially Yadav ,it would suit his conditions bounce and good carry!
    Oh ok. Hadn't heard.
    Yeah, Sree is unpredictable. He has been good at times though.

I don't doubt their ability, they're just inexperienced so we won't know how to react till the time comes. Tour games will be good just for them to get to grips with the conditions.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    ****, thats not what I meant. I meant best all rounder in history. My bad.
    Not many would dispute that to be honest. Only Imran and Kallis come close, Hadlee being a bowler first and foremost. Imran's downfall is the two halfs of his career, Kallis that he's even more reliant on his batting than Sobers was, and that Sobers' batting average would be equivalent to 70 or 75 today.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. Hadn't heard.
    Yeah, Sree is unpredictable. He has been good at times though.

I don't doubt their ability, they're just inexperienced so we won't know how to react till the time comes. Tour games will be good just for them to get to grips with the conditions.
    Yeah thats true I wonder how would they react if they are put underpressure? I just hope the best way possible!And which spinner would you take ojha or r.ashwin for the XI?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats true I wonder how would they react if they are put underpressure? I just hope the best way possible!And which spinner would you take ojha or r.ashwin for the XI?
    Exactly. Plus it's not any old team, its Australia. I agree they're not the same strength they were in the last 10 years or so, but they're still strong competitors, and on home soil.

Erm. Ashwin. He's new, fresh, and will want to continue his good run. Also will be good to see how he does off Indian tracks.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Tests to ODIs. You completely ignored my point and just wrote an irrelevant essay in which I agree with you. But you must have known that the OP was talking about Tests as I've already said. You could have just stated that you think Tests will determine how good spinners are but instead you took a childish way out and posted a pathetic video in which another user rightly made you look like a fool.
    :facepalm2:

Yes, that's right, it was me that looked like the fool, when raz was so breathtakingly thick he actually missed the joke and thought that me, a qualified cricket coach, actually taking a break from planning batting sessions as we speak, was claiming a nick through the keepers legs was a deliberate shot. I think you might actually be as stupid as he is.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't tell him this, it wil spoil the joke that just keeps on giving. I might post a montage of dropped catches next and claim they were one-hand-one-bounce and see if he is stupid enough to fall for that too. (I'm pretty confident he won't know how to open spoilers)

I agree that the OP was obviously talking about tests as you say, and also that tests are better than ODIs.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Plus it's not any old team, its Australia. I agree they're not the same strength they were in the last 10 years or so, but they're still strong competitors, and on home soil.

Erm. Ashwin. He's new, fresh, and will want to continue his good run. Also will be good to see how he does off Indian tracks.
    Intresting pick , I would have thought most would go for Ojha since he has more Test caps, but fair pick. I would decide on the day and see which spinner it suits the track, if any I just hope Sehwag continue his good form when he goes to Australia he can be lethal I think Indian batting lineup (In TEST) is the best on card : Sehwag,Gambhir,Dravid,Tendulkar, Laxmen,Kohli or Rohit Sharma and MSDhoni no? All lethal,classy rin getter! Even better than the english one? Talking abou batting have you heard recently about Pujara? He impressed me when he played number 6 for India!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Intresting pick , I would have thought most would go for Ojha since he has more Test caps, but fair pick. I would decide on the day and see which spinner it suits the track, if any I just hope Sehwag continue his good form when he goes to Australia he can be lethal I think Indian batting lineup (In TEST) is the best on card : Sehwag,Gambhir,Dravid,Tendulkar, Laxmen,Kohli or Rohit Sharma and MSDhoni no? All lethal,classy rin getter! Even better than the english one? Talking abou batting have you heard recently about Pujara? He impressed me when he played number 6 for India!
    True. But there is something about Ashwin. Plus he's a handy number 8 batsman!

Sehwag is bloody amazing, just so sad to see when he gets out off stupid shots, and you're like wtf man, you were playing so well. No matter what, he'll score, and more importantly, he scores quickly! Him and Gambhir make the best openers we've had for a while! Dravid is in a class of his own, in Tests, I rank him higher than Sachin, just for his patience!

I'd pick Kohli over Rohit, just cos. Dhoni. Has to make a mark. Since captaincy in Tests his forms' flopped.

Good line up on paper, yeah!

Haven't seen Pujara play. Only seen him in IPL. Is he good?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Yes, that's right, it was me that looked like the fool, when raz was so breathtakingly thick he actually missed the joke and thought that me, a qualified cricket coach, actually taking a break from planning batting sessions as we speak, was claiming a nick through the keepers legs was a deliberate shot. I think you might actually be as stupid as he is.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't tell him this, it wil spoil the joke that just keeps on giving. I might post a montage of dropped catches next and claim they were one-hand-one-bounce and see if he is stupid enough to fall for that too. (I'm pretty confident he won't know how to open spoilers)

I agree that the OP was obviously talking about tests as you say, and also that tests are better than ODIs.

:facepalm2:
    Trying to change topic to hide your patheticness and just blame everyone is stupid. I BARELY THOUGHT ANYONE LAUGHED AT YOUR "JOKE" except yourself, but I completely respect your opinions about Test cricket, what I dont like is you questionning everybodys cricketing knowledge, just express your point of view and dont go personal, then argue, and thats how a debate works!AND I DO KNOW SPOILERS ARE! Thank you very mich! I hate the fact people think they know everything or they are always right and never see the other point of view!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trying to change topic to hide your patheticness and just blame everyone is stupid. I BARELY THOUGHT ANYONE LAUGHED AT YOUR "JOKE" except yourself, but I completely respect your opinions about Test cricket, what I dont like is you questionning everybodys cricketing knowledge, just express your point of view and dont go personal, then argue, and thats how a debate works!AND I DO KNOW SPOILERS ARE! Thank you very mich! I hate the fact people think they know everything or they are always right and never see the other point of view!
    no, thank you very mich.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    True. But there is something about Ashwin. Plus he's a handy number 8 batsman!

Sehwag is bloody amazing, just so sad to see when he gets out off stupid shots, and you're like wtf man, you were playing so well. No matter what, he'll score, and more importantly, he scores quickly! Him and Gambhir make the best openers we've had for a while! Dravid is in a class of his own, in Tests, I rank him higher than Sachin, just for his patience!

I'd pick Kohli over Rohit, just cos. Dhoni. Has to make a mark. Since captaincy in Tests his forms' flopped.

Good line up on paper, yeah!

Haven't seen Pujara play. Only seen him in IPL. Is he good?
    I remeber his knock against Australia it was crucial he set up the game after that I didnt hear about hime:/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 14, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.