The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Tutoring from postgrads?

Hi all,

Getting little help from my lecturers/tutors, just wondering if it's possible to get assigned a post-graduate? I've heard that this has been done before that's all.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Have you tried going to Student Services Centre for help? They may be able to help you :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks - hopefully will have something in place for next semester.
Reply 3
You should be able to find a postgrad to tutor you privately (you'll have to pay), people do at my uni. Do you have any postgrads that teach you the modules you're struggling with anyway? I.e. not just faculty? As then you should be able to ask for a bit of extra help on the free.
Reply 4
Most postgrads would be happy to answer any questions you have if you catch them at the right time, and none of them would charge for it unless you approach via an agency or something bizarre like that.

I was always happy to answer any undergrad's questions, it was generally far more interesting than debugging my code for my phd (lol). Find one that is associated with your course (via problems classes/seminars etc) otherwise it will seem a little bit weird asking a completely random one for help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending