The Student Room Group

Graphic Design (:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by l.j.s18ftw
yay, I just got an interview for london met on the 13th of march =]

Well good luck to you then :biggrin:
has anyone heard back from manchester met yet? i sent a online portfolio to them a couple of weeks ago but am yet to hear anything
Original post by Sayeed
I got a offer from London met and LCC for Graphic design and Have a
interview at Ravensbourne in 2 weeks or so
heres a Link to some of the stuff in my portfolio Hope it helps out :biggrin:

Only sort of advice I can give regarding work Is when it comes to sketchbook work
Show what's going on in your head even If its just a big mess of ideas put it down

http://www.wix.com/sayeed1991/portfolio

I got an offer tooo :biggrin: is yours for the FDA or BA plus how many UCAS points were you asked for x
Reply 23
Original post by LauraGainer
I got an offer tooo :biggrin: is yours for the FDA or BA plus how many UCAS points were you asked for x

Congratulations :biggrin: I applied for the BA and I'm not entirely sure about how many UCAS points I need all I know is that I need to pass the course I'm on with 48 Credits out of 60
Reply 24
Had my interview for Graphic Design: New Media on 15th feb at UCA Epsom. still havnt recived a reply
Reply 25
I've received offers from Leeds Met, Sheffield Hallam and Leeds Uni. Anyone know which is the best for design? And what the course is like at Leeds Uni? Thanks :smile:
Reply 26
I've heard norwich is really good.
My advice would be to NOT clutter your boards. Negative space is your best friend.
Original post by beenie94
I've received offers from Leeds Met, Sheffield Hallam and Leeds Uni. Anyone know which is the best for design? And what the course is like at Leeds Uni? Thanks :smile:

My friend's at Leeds Uni and absolutely loves it there. :smile: when did you have your interview at sheffield hallam?
Reply 28
Original post by jessrachlou
My friend's at Leeds Uni and absolutely loves it there. :smile: when did you have your interview at sheffield hallam?

Are they doing Graphic Design there? And at the start of January, where have you applied for?
Are they doing Graphic Design there? And at the start of January, where have you applied for?

Yeah they aree. Uhmm, Sheffield Hallam, Manchester Met, Norwich, Birmingham City and Nottingham Trent, what about you?
Reply 30
Original post by jessrachlou
Yeah they aree. Uhmm, Sheffield Hallam, Manchester Met, Norwich, Birmingham City and Nottingham Trent, what about you?

I have just heard its a very academic course...but i may be wrong. Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Met, Leeds Uni, Nottingham Trent and Northumbria. Good luck :smile:
I have just heard its a very academic course...but i may be wrong. Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Met, Leeds Uni, Nottingham Trent and Northumbria. Good luck :smile:

I would say it is from what i've heard aswell, not everyone's thing. Good luck to you too! :smile:
Ive been asked to supply a portfolio to Dundee, I don't really know what to do for that as all I have it http://jackt.me/
Anyone have any help to offer?
Reply 33
Original post by Jack_Thomas
Ive been asked to supply a portfolio to Dundee, I don't really know what to do for that as all I have it http://jackt.me/
Anyone have any help to offer?

Jack, is your portfolio an online portfolio or a printed one? If its a printed one try not to over clutter the page. My tutors and csm have told me to mount my work on to a2 card
I reaaaally like your work (from the link), try to show you're versatile by including different styles of graphic design, eg typography, illustration or drawings, photography, 3D graphics? just to show you are versatile
Hope this has helped
Reply 34
Done all my interviews, got conditionals from UCLan, Sheffield Hallam and just waiting for Northumbria which is my first choice :tongue:
Reply 35

Hello did you do the postcard project for Leeds Uni? And did you have to do a little test while you was there, on my letter from then they have said they will look at portfolios while candidates do a little test.
Thanks (:

Well done btw on your offers
Reply 36
I just got a conditional offer straight away on ucas from Leeds Uni? No interview needed, are you sure your talking about the same course, Graphic and Communication Design?
Reply 37
Ahh No I just applied for Graphic Design (:
Guys just to clarify I think there are 3 unis in Leeds - Leeds Uni, Leeds Met and Leeds College of Art =)
Quite a few people seem to be getting confused!
Reply 39
Leeds Uni only do Graphics and communication. Sheffield looked good but my tutors say it isn't amazing, I think i'm going to UCLan.

Quick Reply

Latest