The Student Room Group

Is it feasible to do further maths sl......

HI I did two maths A levels a few years early and got an B (discrete, statistics and FP3 Fp1) and a C(C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 M2). I'm now going to do the IB with four highers (Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography) and I was wondering if I should take Further maths sl to improve my chances at studying at a top uni. Unfortunately, my school does not offer further maths, so I would have to study it at home. Any Ideas?
To be competitive I would have to take Further Maths!!
Original post by Butdidudie
HI I did two maths A levels a few years early and got an B (discrete, statistics and FP3 Fp1) and a C(C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 M2). I'm now going to do the IB with four highers (Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography) and I was wondering if I should take Further maths sl to improve my chances at studying at a top uni. Unfortunately, my school does not offer further maths, so I would have to study it at home. Any Ideas?
To be competitive I would have to take Further Maths!!

What's wrong with continuing to use the thread you made before? It answers your questions, but definitely let us know if you want more detail or you have further questions.

It's still there:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1858002
It's definitely a good idea seen as maths is obviously your fortei. To get into a top university like oxford for instance.. you need about 4 A*s at A level and I've heard they're very put off by anything less than an A. If you wanted to study in this country then you'd probably be looking at somewhere like brunel or leeds with an AAB (ish) profile. Maybe you should phone the universities and ask the admissions teams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending