Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BTEC are Crap and Yet A level Students are CHEATS?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol errrrrr
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Whaaa?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadsnail)
    Lol errrrrr
    sorry link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-16108818

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-16091206

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...andal-analysis

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ory-paper.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...t-through.html
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How can A level students be cheats?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    What does that have to do with the students?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerTune)
    :rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose
    You say 'so called' as though the fact that we're A-level students is in question.

And please, get a grip. BTECs have their place and A-levels have theirs. If you want to go into university, A-levels get you there. IF you want to do a more vocational course, take a BTEC.
    Now please get out of your own arse.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where does it say the students are cheating?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agoetcherian)
    You say 'so called' as though the fact that we're A-level students is in question.

And please, get a grip. BTECs have their place and A-levels have theirs. If you want to go into university, A-levels get you there. IF you want to do a more vocational course, take a BTEC.
    I think the thread itself says far more about the OP than the OP thinks they are saying about others.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...and OP still doesn't know how to use capital letters correctly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is all just a case of bad examiners and teachers. And they'll be bad whether they're involved in A-Levels or BTECs.

It has nothing to do with the students. I did not cheat in any of my A-Levels, and I feel insulted that you'd suggest I got my grades through cheating.

I'm not even going to bother correcting your grammar. You appall me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollie82)
    This is all just a case of bad examiners and teachers. And they'll be bad whether they're involved in A-Levels or BTECs.

It has nothing to do with the students. I did not cheat in any of my A-Levels, and I feel insulted that you'd suggest I got my grades through cheating.

I'm not even going to bother correcting your grammar. You appall me.
    To be fair from watching the news and reading the articles and coming from a BTEC background, I can see what the OP is trying to say but the way he has present it is appalling.

"It has nothing to do with the students" You seem smart but you seem to not have understood the article.

The articles are implying that teachers know what keywords get better marks and know what questions will turn up in the exams. By telling the students this, it gives them unfair advantage towards the exam. Don't you agree? Chances are if you didn't know this knowledge then you would get lower marks.

However this is just speculation. I know i don't know you personally and for that reason i can't judge you academically but it would be ignorant to suggest people would all get the same marks without this knowledge.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agoetcherian)

I got into uni with a BTEC. so that's a pretty bold statement to make
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ... What the hell?

Er, thanks, OP, you made me smile...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mocking_bird)
    Perfect username is username.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerTune)

I don't believe that 'aint' is a real word
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalMH)
    I did a BTEC and i m kcl.
    Your punctuation is STRONG.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 15, 2011
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.