The Student Room Group

BTEC are Crap and Yet A level Students are CHEATS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Phatzo
I don't believe that 'aint' is a real word

It ain't.
i dont get it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by ComputerTune
:rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats:angry::angry::angry:

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose :wink:

Reply 23
Original post by mogger71
It isn't.

:ahee::ahee:
Reply 24
lol...well how does that show that students are cheats? ive never cheated for any of my a-level exams...

I think BTECs can be easily cheated with one person doing the work an then the others just askin them to forward it and re-word it...
Reply 25

:rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats:angry::angry::angry:

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose :wink:

How on earth can you suggest that all A level students are cheats? I feel insulted as an A level student to be called a cheat.

Also, "BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students."

Could you elaborate?
Reply 26
Original post by Part A
You got into a **** uni, let's be honest here...

oh look its some guy who thinks being on TSR and having "LOL PRO EXAM GRADES!" makes him a world-about-town type of person.

Wipe that snot off your nose boy.
You can get into Unis with BTECs, but more academic courses do prefer A Levels.

But anyway, A Level students aren't cheats. I'm sure some students do try, but that'll be a very small minority. And I'm certain the same goes for BTEC students.

I kind of hope you're a troll, because if you're not, your view of the world is insane.
Reply 28
Original post by Mocking_bird

hahaha perfect :biggrin:
You can go to uni with BTEC's
GOOD ONES AT THAT
If you get Distinction Distinction Distinction
its the same equivalent as three A's.
Alevels aren't better than BTECS
they are pretty much the same, btecs are for people who know what direction they want to go in more!
Reply 30
OP had to take a BTEC because he didn't know how to structure exam answers correctly.
Reply 31
Original post by yakuzakitty
You can get into Unis with BTECs, but more academic courses do prefer A Levels.

But anyway, A Level students aren't cheats. I'm sure some students do try, but that'll be a very small minority. And I'm certain the same goes for BTEC students.

I kind of hope you're a troll, because if you're not, your view of the world is insane.

Could you please elaborate?
Reply 32
Original post by fairylights

GOOD ONES AT THAT
they are pretty much the same, btecs are for people who know what direction they want to go in more!

I don't mean to offend if you are a BTEC student, but what I observed at my school was at the end of the GCSE year all the students who obtained poorer results moving on to do a BTEC. Whereas, the remainder who recieved good results, went on to A levels.

Since this is the case, A levels are considered perhaps superior to a BTEC, by universities especially.
(edited 12 years ago)
GOOD ONES AT THAT

Actually, they are for people who want a more vocational course. That is fine... But if you then apply for an academic course it's not going to help you so much because you won't be prepared.
A levels are better for academic subjects, because they cover the appropriate material. BTECS are better for a more practical approach to a certain subject, as long as that's appropriate.
Reply 34
GOOD ONES AT THAT

How are they same? A Levels are much more harder. BTEC is easier than GCSES IMO. Saying their the same is an insult to the hard work I have to do everyweek.
(edited 12 years ago)
I felt so proud of my A Level results in the summer. :emo:

All the media and the OP has done since is strip it all away! :angry:

Spiteul f***ers...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
GOOD ONES AT THAT

AAA in Maths, Further Maths and Physics > Distinction in BTEC business/ any BTEC.
Reply 37
Original post by trrr
How are they same? A Levels are so much harder. BTEC is easier than GCSES IMO. Saying their the same is an insult to the hard work I have to do everyweek.

That statement is so ignorant, do you even know what a BTEC student does lol
Reply 38
GOOD ONES AT THAT

I'm not trying to be harsh but...

'Equivalent' is the key word here.

Litteraly in this context its the same as saying 10kg of stone is the same as 10kg of gold... same weight but in NO way the same value.
[QUOTE="ComputerTune;35267449"]:rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats:angry::angry::angry:

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose :wink:[/QUOTE

I am a "so-called" alevel student and I work extremely hard its very insulting that you think that you have the right to "look down" on us when most of us have not cheated/never will on our alevel exams. So it turns out you actually "aint as smart" as you think you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending