The Student Room Group

Film Reviews Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Yep.
Orlando blooms character gets killed brutally thank god.

*i wish*
Reply 201
Dear Fellow members,
what are the three techniques for cutting closer during a group dialogue scene. - - please help,
i'm trying to make a film...
Reply 202
Dear Fellow members,
what are the three techniques for cutting closer during a group dialogue scene. - - please help,
i'm trying to make a film...

Ad.Tarun Choudhury
http://www.legalserviceindia.com
Reply 203
happydinosaur
I love the begining of 28 Days Later. It is the complete silence that makes it so effective. I agree about the strange ending. In particular the very end..really don't get that bit at all:redface: All the stuff with the soliders gets quite disturbing!! The rage infected zombies are great..was trying explain to a friend yesterday that they are zombies but not exactly what you would expect as they are murderous rage zombies.

yup what a scene:smile:, i remember the makers saying it took them 5 minutes each bit using digital cameras:biggrin: or something like that
vin
yup what a scene:smile:, i remember the makers saying it took them 5 minutes each bit using digital cameras:biggrin: or something like that

Possibly one of the strongest openings to a film...that I have seen anyway:p:
happydinosaur
Possibly one of the strongest openings to a film...that I have seen anyway:p:

Strongest openings...

Irreversible... due to the irregular, eye-aching camera movements

Apocalypse Now... The napalm... is classic

Raging Bull... Wonderful music, boxer dancing about... Monologue... punch in face.

or

Fight Club... Hi-tech out Ed Nortons pores from which sweat emerges idown the gun to the holder Tyler Durden, to find out what's happening, classic.

But Apocalypse Now is my favourite...
Reply 206
i saw V for vendetta today:smile: i thught it was quite good:smile: the fights werent bad, and it generally looked really nice:smile:
Reply 207
vin
i saw V for vendetta today:smile: i thught it was quite good:smile: the fights werent bad, and it generally looked really nice:smile:

Have to see that some time....maybe next week. I would like to read the book, as i havent read a fiction book in ages....:biggrin:
sayed_samed
Have to see that some time....maybe next week. I would like to read the book, as i havent read a fiction book in ages....:biggrin:

It isn't a book, it;s a graphic novel, like Sin City,
Reply 209
Amzybaby24
It isn't a book, it;s a graphic novel, like Sin City,

I know, i know. Same guy wrote/drew Constantine and league of extraordinary gentleman.
I reallllllllllllllllllllly want to see Totsi..but it isn't on at any of my local cinemas :frown:

Cannot wait for X-Men 3, Di Vinci Code, Ice Age 2 :smile:
vin

Has got really scathing critical reviews...highest I have seen is 2/5..and that is the average! Jonathon Ross was totally negative about it, and he loved the comic book! Seems that it is not one of the greatest films produced and lacks certain aspects that please critics, but people will still enjoy it I suppose..I enjoyed Resident Evil 2..even though it wasn't scary at all, which is really it's purpose :rolleyes:
Reply 212
IMDb ratings usually correlate with critics ratings, but not this time

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

Suprisingly high.
Pav27
IMDb ratings usually correlate with critics ratings, but not this time

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

Suprisingly high.

Yar, but Final Fantasy got 6.4 and that wasn't good enough for that..considering. Plus City of God got 8.8 and I sincerly doubt that V is anywhere near the standard of it..yet the numbers from IMDB suggest so :confused: Plus the Usual Suspects got 8.7...no-one can tell me that V is anywhere near the standard of the two classics I have mentioned :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh yeah, and There's something about Mary only got 7.1 on that site...and to me it is one of the finest modern comedies..if not the finest...(prob forgot some..lol) :confused:
vin

V for Vendetta did look nice didn't it. Such a daft film :biggrin:
V was pretty good.
7/10

It wasn't the best, and yeah the person above's right, it is a pretty daft story, but still I found it entertaining. And it was shot well. The scenes also flowed pretty well.

But... I'm guessing the reason it's 8.1 on imdb is because a lot of the yanks are comic freaks, I guess a bunch of them on there just like comics and didn't want to destroy the comics credibility, which is good, by giving it less than 5. Maybe.
i haven't seen a movie in ages now! :bawling: only dvds like walking tall,pride and prejudice and the others :frown:
Wow , Everyone Go And See Inside Man
Reply 218
Amzybaby24
Wow , Everyone Go And See Inside Man

is it good?:confused:
Amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest