The Student Room Group

Kings or UCL?

Poll

GKT or UCL Medical School?

Firstly I'm sorry this is such a boring, over-asked question. I would just really like to be able to have some advice from as many people as possible as to the pros and cons of studying medicine at each of these medical schools. The reason I would love to have some advice is that I received an offer for Kings yesterday, and am wondering whether to put the effort in for any potential UCL interview..
So, which is better? :tongue:
Thank you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Kings ftw.
UCL have a strict exam policy, do all your exams at the end of the year, faily 1 out of 8, you have to sit all 8. Plus it's full of internationals and dull compared to KCL.
Hala kings
ucl puta ucl puta

I'm at my KCL halls and I can hear people chanting 'down it, down it', it's not even 7pm yet!
(edited 12 years ago)
UCL, I've never been to Kings or studied there so I can't comment on what it's like. I don't know why there is such a 'feud' between Kings and UCL though.
If you have any questions about King's, feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MartinKellyisagod

Hala kings
ucl puta ucl puta

I'm at my KCL halls and I can hear people chanting 'down it, down it', it's not even 7pm yet!

Yes! haha- this is the sort of thing I need to be hearing :smile:
Reply 6

Hala kings
ucl puta ucl puta

what hall are you at?
Reply 7
Original post by mooot
Kings ftw.
UCL have a strict exam policy, do all your exams at the end of the year, faily 1 out of 8, you have to sit all 8. Plus it's full of internationals and dull compared to KCL.

Kings is a dump. A great concrete ****e of a dump. :colone:
Reply 8
Both universities certainly are fantastic places to go to study medicine. I would argue UCL is probably the better option though and offers one of the most highly regarded medicine courses in the world.

It is definitely not a good idea to put little effort into the UCL interview, especially if your mind is not made up. Anyway, you may later in the process prefer UCL to Kings and then regret not trying in the interview.
Reply 9
Original post by billet-doux

Original post by billet-doux
If you have any questions about King's, feel free to PM me :smile:

Thanks :smile: Well, I suppose this might be a good way to quantify your feelings: on a scale from 1-20 how happy are you at Kings? Could you give reasons too? Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Wangers

Who cares about architecture?
Original post by Wangers

Haha, I wasn't deliberately trying to re-ignite the rivalry! Just would like some well-reasoned arguments for and against each, it would be so helpful for my decision.
And for those that are saying that I should try anyway for my UCL interview, I could spend that time on my A-Levels! Even so, it wouldn't solve my problem as I would have to make my decision at a later stage anyway.
Original post by marc_h94
Firstly I'm sorry this is such a boring, over-asked question. I would just really like to be able to have some advice from as many people as possible as to the pros and cons of studying medicine at each of these medical schools. The reason I would love to have some advice is that I received an offer for Kings yesterday, and am wondering whether to put the effort in for any potential UCL interview..
So, which is better? :tongue:
Thank you! :smile:

imo, not even bothering at UCL is kind of like giving up all that effort you put into the bmat :/
Original post by ineedtorevise127

Original post by ineedtorevise127
imo, not even bothering at UCL is kind of like giving up all that effort you put into the bmat :/

Ok put it this way: I'll try anyway at my UCL interview but I will still have to probably make this decision at a later stage. Would rather make it now if I can :smile:
Original post by marc_h94
what hall are you at?

Hampstead Residence, living amongst millionaires! Highly recommend it
Hala kings
ucl puta ucl puta

Can't wait to start now!
Reply 16
I've heard king's is better than UCL. I have friends at both and most of them say kings. It really depends which one you prefer when you go there but I bet you'll love wherever you go :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Patchey1000
Can't wait to start now!

Have you firmed it already? :biggrin:
What I can tell you is that there's not too much difference between medical schools, they're all very good. To choose between King's and UCL.. I think it'd be down to personal preference in the end. If you do get offers from both, why not trek to london for a day and walk around the uni's for a bit, have a good look at the area/accommodation or whatever matters to you and see which you like most (assuming you haven't already visited them). Or thoroughly research the courses at each, maybe.
I mean if you google X uni vs Y uni for medicine and read towards the end of the discussion a conclusion is never reached, it;s just always down to the person.
Original post by Wangers

pffftt have you seen guy's campus? the most picturesque medical school campus in london ta...home to GKT medics aka the best bunch of medics you'll meet

@ OP i'm a first year medic here and love it to bits...wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.

GKT has been recognised worldwide and the course, teaching and fellow medics are all awesome

why the royal free when you have GKT?

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending