The Student Room Group

Nicolas Sarkozy dodges Cameron's hand shake!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
He has a really saggy face. Like a bulldog.
Reply 41
Original post by Point!
I thought you were only allowed to dodge handshakes if John Terry has been sleeping with your girlfriend?

Why did this not get many thumbs-ups lol?
Reply 42
Original post by Company Commissar
sarkozy thinks he's the president of Europe and anyone who opposes him is worthless absolute ********

De Gaulle anyone?
Reply 43
Original post by MonkeyNews
Thank Christ that pathetic attitudes like yours are completely and utterely in the minority.

You would be laughed and mocked by most people if you aired those type of anti-British opinions in public.

Cameron has stuck up for his country, against people like yourself who wish to see it handed over the French and Germans.

Another brainless idiot brainwashed by our oppressors, I've said it for a while now but all the conditions are in place for fascism to take hold in this country. A deeply corrupt political system, an undercurrent of hatred against foreigners, stoked by a right-wing media that is tied into the corrupt political system, a deeply corrupt Police force, a massive erosion of our civil liberties under the last government and a widespread surveillance system over the people of this country which would be a massively powerful tool if it fell into the wrong hands (CCTV cameras everywhere, a DNA database of anybody who's been arrested, regardless of whether they were even charged). All that's been missing is economic meltdown and we now stand on the precipice as far as that's concerned. Dark times ahead I think.
We helped save Europe from fascism 70 years ago hopefully they will do the same for us one day.
Reply 44
Original post by Craig_D
So you are happy for the EU to start regulating the UK's budget? The amount you can borrow, the amount you can spend? You may not like Cameron, you may not even think he won the election as such, but he at least has something of a mandate, which the entirely unelected Herman Van Rompuy and José Manuel Barroso do not have; what authority do they have to be overseeing and regulating the budget decided by your elected politicians?

You don't like Cameron and Osborne, OK, but you have the power to have your say in voting them out next time; what if you don't like the shadowy people the EU select to domineer over your politicians? Tough. They can make all sorts of insane decisions and there's nothing you can do about it. Protect your sovereignty, because when it's gone you can't get it back, as the other unfortunate 26 are about to learn.

You talk about power over ourselves, we now have no power or say in possible the biggest financial burden our country has ever faced, the uk is the 3rd largest holder of european government and banking debt in the world.

In other words, if the uk leaves the eu, it has no say in the running of one of it's biggest debtors. Even a 6 year old would understand that it's a situation that should be avoided at all costs.
Reply 45
Original post by eggnchips
You talk about power over ourselves, we now have no power or say in possible the biggest financial burden our country has ever faced, the uk is the 3rd largest holder of european government and banking debt in the world.

In other words, if the uk leaves the eu, it has no say in the running of one of it's biggest debtors. Even a 6 year old would understand that it's a situation that should be avoided at all costs.

It may have been my second reply to you that you were meaning to respond to, I think you replied to that one already.
But what was the alternative? To enter a fiscal union which offered no guarantees against the UK's fellow members taking advantage of the position to undercut the UK? I see your point, but it can be countered that as London has a $1.4 trillion (34%) share of world trade, a significant part of the UK's economy, that isn't something you want to be surrendering for nothing, which, to use your own parlance, even a 6 year old could see. Cameron went in with just a single demand, the aforementioned safeguard to protect the City, when you have just one demand the all or nothing approach is the only one that it is possible to take. He was given a flat out refusal with no option to negotiate on it, so really he had no choice but to walk. Merkel/Sarkozy were every bit as (or more) awkward than Cameron was being.
Original post by Craig_D
He was given a flat out refusal with no option to negotiate on it.

What are you on about, they negotiated but Cameron was not happy with the results and then left.
i have just watched the video and concluded once more that dailymail are bitter hatred provoking pricks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending