The Student Room Group

Contacting someone you met, a while ago?

So I was in Tesco's back in July, this very very cute girl working there! It's where I get my fuel from and saw her 3/4 times over around 3 weeks. There was eye contact, smiles, I think she was checking out my hair cut lol!

Anyway back then I noticed the name tag, had a quick search on Facebook pretty easy to find. 3 mutual friends, asked one of them about her and they said she was just a friend of a friend back in college. She's in uni up north about 3/4 hours away, I'm here in home town so it's not like I'll bump into her randomly.

I didn't do anything back then, got busy with life/sorting uni out and now I remembered her about a week back. So I've been dwelling on it ever since.

So, in your opinion, would me sending a message just saying hey how are you blah blah be really wierd/stalkerish/scarey. Is it better off just forgotten as a missed opportunity, or go for it and see?

I'm not keen on the Facebook thing but it's the only way of contact. I don't have a mega plush profile with tons of stuff on, hardly ever use the thing!

:smile:
Reply 1
Do it and see how it goes.

Worst scenario? she refuses. You haven't lost anything have you.
Reply 2
I met a guy on Omegle (lol, yeah I know). We had one amazing conversation for several hours, then exchanged email addresses and he emailed me a couple of times but I didn't reply, I was going through a weird patch in my life. A whole year later I was sorting out my inbox and came across them again. I felt it was such a terrible shame I never replied because he seemed like a wonderful guy, but I also thought that randomly getting into contact a full year later was too creepy and weird. So I didn't.
Then, the very next day oddly, he happened to get back in contact with me! Fast forward another 6 months and we're an item. We've been together very happily for 13 months now.

Obviously this isn't at all the same situation... But my point is, you should definitely just do it. I thought it would be too creepy or strange, so if it was only up to me then I would have completely lost out. You have nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain.
If she thinks it's weird and doesn't want to talk to you then it's no big deal; she just won't respond and that will be that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending