Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what has not been invented by europeans?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulubel)
    youtube and usb was not invented by indians your should stop making apoligies to this racist.
    How does thinking that those things were invented by Indians make the poster "racist"? :confused:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, i am trying to write a paper on the massive scientific and technological achievements of the european peoples, including those in the diaspora in america, and it quickly becomes clear that virtually everything that has been invented is by those of european descent.

surely something has been invented by others? i ask this because i want to write a balanced paper.
    chinese
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chinese invented loads of stuff eg papermaking, gunpowder, compass and printing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is just another race baiting thread. :rolleyes:

And stop counting American inventions as European. Americans are Americans. Deal with it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wikipedia list of Chinese inventions: "This article may be too long to read and navigate comfortably"
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    How does thinking that those things were invented by Indians make the poster "racist"? :confused:
    Youtube was invented by a bangladeshi (used to be india) with another american and chinese dude.

USB system was invented by an indian

OP is a well known racist and finds it amusing to accuse others of the same
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh God here goes the list.

Stirrups were invented by the Chinese/Mongols (can't actually remember which), had a HUGE impact on warfare.
    Algebra was INVENTED by a certain guy in the Arabic world.
    Fireworks and gunpowder was invented by an unknown Chinese guy.
    Much of our musical instruments, whereever you are, came largely from the Arabic world where an anonymous person thought of.
    The first use of paper money was thought up by a Chinese guy.
    The development of the astrolabe, seismograph etc. were all done by misc. Chinese dudes.

The sad thing (both to society and the presumed outcome of this thread) is that these geniuses go down history unnamed.

In conclusion.
    The East laid down the foundations, the West built upon it.
    That is no to say that any particular civilization, Occidental or Oriental, is better than the other but humanity worked as a complete body in bringing us this current world.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    greatest invention of all.... http://calculatedconceptions.blogspo...ged-world.html
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the wheelbarrow....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sorry, none of this stuff is inventions they have always existed in all socities.

all socities built ships, had alcohol, had learning centres, washed, built stone houses etc etc

i am talking about very specific inventions that can be traced to one people. like computer. mobile phones. spaceflight. etc.
    No they haven't. You are a being ridiculously cretinous. I actually want to punch you in your face right now, you anger me so much.

Status of my jimmies:
    not rustled [ ]
    rustled [x]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fliegendehollander)
    Oh God here goes the list.

Stirrups were invented by the Chinese/Mongols (can't actually remember which), had a HUGE impact on warfare.
    Algebra was INVENTED by a certain guy in the Arabic world.
    Fireworks and gunpowder was invented by an unknown Chinese guy.
    Much of our musical instruments, whereever you are, came largely from the Arabic world where an anonymous person thought of.
    The first use of paper money was thought up by a Chinese guy.
    The development of the astrolabe, seismograph etc. were all done by misc. Chinese dudes.

The sad thing (both to society and the presumed outcome of this thread) is that these geniuses go down history unnamed.

In conclusion.
    The East laid down the foundations, the West built upon it.
    That is no to say that any particular civilization, Occidental or Oriental, is better than the other but humanity worked as a complete body in bringing us this current world.
    Arabic wasn't invented by him. He just formulated first algebra separate of Geometry. Even Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī who later wrote his book, stated this. Algebra as we know it has it's first foundations in a Semitic Civilization known as the Babylonians, which was later adopted by the Egyptians and more thoroughly by the Greeks which added in further geometrical algorithms.

Why are people so focused on who invented things anyway, most Civilizations added in something and a wealth of it is in Europe, before that mostly the Middle east. Asia has had quite a few yes, but comparative to the demographic of Civilizations and people in Europe and the Middle east, not that many. But it's due to demographics. More people in a certain place, more likely for invention. Stop getting your balls in a twist.

Oh and our current number system was invented in India not by Muslims.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    sorry, none of this stuff is inventions they have always existed in all socities.

all socities built ships, had alcohol, had learning centres, washed, built stone houses etc etc

i am talking about very specific inventions that can be traced to one people. like computer. mobile phones. spaceflight. etc.
    Invented in Japan. You are a really stupid troll. Learn to use grammar too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RocknRap)
    No they haven't. You are a being ridiculously cretinous. I actually want to punch you in your face right now, you anger me so much.

Status of my jimmies:
    not rustled [ ]
    rustled [x]
    He's sort of right, but not in the way he meant it.

Lighthouses were first invented (How we know them) by the Greeks, but separate of any knowing of Greece, the Siamese were making the same thing, albeit 50 years later. So yes, all cultures have invented the same things at time, just not before others.

Invention isn't based on mutual discovery if you have no knowledge of those said cultures.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: ROFL! OP, please try not to embarrass yourself any further than you already have...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Things invented by those of non-European descent:

Domestication of wheat and peas,
    Domestication of sheep,
    Domestication of cats,
    Domestication of cattle
    Invention of pottery,
    Weaving of the first cloth,
    Domestication of chickens,
    Discovery of alcoholic drinks,
    Domestication of rice,
    Invention of the Wheel
    Invention of silk cloth,
    Invention of written language,
    Invention of glass,
    Invention of soap,
    Invention of ink,
    Invention of the parasol
    Invention of irrigation canals,
    Invention of cartography (map-making),
    Invention of the oar,
    Invention of the kite
    Invention of the collapsible umbrella,
    Invention of the crossbow,
    Invention of the mirror,
    Invention of ice cream,
    Invention of paper,
    Invention of the wheelbarrow,
    Invention of the seismometer,
    Invention of the abacus,
    Invention of saddles and stirrups,
    Invention of Indo-Arabic numbers
    Invention of toilet paper,
    Invention of chess,
    Invention of perfume,
    Invention of porcelain,
    Invention of gunpowder,
    Invention of the windmill,
    Invention of the flamethrower,
    Invention of canal locks,
    Invention of the hypodermic needle,
    Invention of the mechanical clock
    Invention of the magnetic compass,
    Invention of paper money,
    Invention of metal movable type,
    Invention of the land mine,
    Invention of the toothbrush,
    Invention of the satellite,
    Invention of the washlet bidet,
    Invention of the PC sound card,
    Invention of the PlayStation game device
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Japan
    Portable electrocardiograph
    Methamphetamine
    Automatic power loom
    TohoScope
    Digital audio
    Digital synthesizer
    Walkman
    Biplane
    Landing gear
    Graphing calculator
    Camcorder
    Electric rice cooker
    Microprocessor
    Plastic central processing unit
    Android
    Blu-ray Disc
    Memory card
    Quartz wristwatch
    Bullet train
    Flat panel display
    Plasma television

I found all that in just one of the links provided to you on the first page which you seemed to have ignored.

(Original post by Abbadon27)
    China
    India
    Japan
    Islam

Was that so hard?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    Why blad, is you doin yor homewk n ****?

try for starters -
    maths
    medical proceedures
    pharmacology
    husbandry of livestock
    farming
    the wheel
    paper
    wheelbarrows
    printing press
    bridges
    suspension bridges
    milling
    football
    forensic entomology
    surgery
    laser surgery
    clocks
    colour dying
    ceramics
    archaeology
    the USB port
    Youtube
    Facebook
    the numeric system
    cooking
    banknotes
    horse riding
    language
    the calender
    algebra
    irrigation
    most principles of mechanical engineering
    law and judicial proceedure
    glass-making
    mining
    cotton
    weaving
    mettalurgy
    smelting
    gunpowder
    principle of a uniform currency
    brick construction
    books
    soap
    ink
    university
    beer
    spectacles
    ship building
    naval navigation
    geometry
    map writing
    lol. this question has rly annoyed you. beer? horse riding? must be a troll.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4INBOW)
    :mmm: ROFL! OP, please try not to embarrass yourself any further than you already have...
    lool. funny how this thread makes ppl so angry at the realization europeans have invented so much.

seems liek you can;t stand to see that. hmmm
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Crocker)
    lool. funny how this thread makes ppl so angry at the realization europeans have invented so much.

seems liek you can;t stand to see that. hmmm
    Like and can't

Your worthless post warrants this kind of response.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) There are gazillions of examples. The Chinese invented gunpowder. I'm not going to name any other example because there is a vast number. You are an absolute fool if you can't recognise this.

2) In the modern (lets say, post middle-ages) world, Europe (and then America) have been the richest and most expansive powers. It is therefore not surprising that Europe has been involved with inventing many of the most highly advanced things, because they have had the money to do it. I'm sure in 100 years time, when the balance of power and wealth has gone to Chindia, that region will become responsible for inventing much of the world's new technology.

3) You have said that things like farming or pottery aren't relevant because they have always been there. No, they haven't. Inventions are just about tangible products, they are also about techniques and procedures. Henry Ford (one of your beloved Europeans) invented the Standardised Assembly Line. I'm sure you wouldn't say that that wasn't an invention. You have no idea about scientific advances work.

4) Your insistence on something being invented by "one people" (sic, you moron) is irrelevant. Nothing is created in a vacuum, every invention will rely on what has been invented previously. The computer, which is one of your examples, certainly was not invented by one person.

5) You have no interest in creating a balanced argument, your efforts are nothing more than a vain attempt to selectively use evidence, combined with your poor grasp of how technological innovation works, to arrive at an erroneous conclusion which supports your own pig-ignorant world view.

So to conclude: you're a complete prick who has no idea about...well, anything. There is so much fail on this thread that it would be easier to judge what makes sense about your argument rather than what doesn't. If digital archaeologists recover this thread hundreds of years from you, the whole human race will be judged as utterly stupid, and it will be all your fault. The internet (which, I'll grant you, was invented by Westerners) should be shut down to stop anything like this thread from ever happening again in the future. It may a gross infringement of people's freedom, and put the human race back a long way, but it is a far better alternative to you being allowed to spew this garbage any more.

My god, you are a cretin.
Updated: May 5, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.