The Student Room Group

Why most people hate chavs.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sitting on benefits being a career baby maker makes you underclass, NOT working class.
Reply 21
Original post by CJM13
Apparently it isn't just the "chavs" that are uneducated.

What makes you think i'm not a chav?
Reply 22
Because they are the reason why Burberry is always out of stock
Reply 23
Original post by ckingalt
I have about as much contempt for this statement as is possible. We are all undeniably influenced by society. To suggest that we are completely powerless with no choice but to surrender completely to the labels assigned to us though, reflects a weakness of character that is worthy of a chav.

But do you not think that some may be more prone to living the chav lifestyle than others?
Reply 24
Are Bullingdon club members 'chavs'?
Reply 25
Original post by HarveyCanis
Never though I'd pos rep you lol

Thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by abc:)

[QUOTE=abc[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];35277865]I agree, those people do think that the country owes them something. But my point wasn't defending them :smile:

Ok then :biggrin: Good to hear.
Reply 27
The people who'd be classed as 'chavs' near me...

Well there's the idiots who go out for fights etc, never seem to get in trouble for being total *****, have now moved on to chinos/toms.

Then there's the ones such as the people my cousin knows. Who I remember being really funny from school (A bit older than me), seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, can be dickheads, but mostly alright and polite.

However I can guarantee they get tarred with the same brush, and now that everybody's classed as a chav, I cba listening to it. Argument's been going on for years. :/
The rioters were scrotes but not automatically chavs.
Reply 29
Rioters were not necessarily chavs, just the cretins of society. Chavs, however, the vast majortity of them are decadent scum.
well my a-level biology teacher reckoned chavs are psychologically deficient, lacking superego...
Honest to god, does TSR think that chavs / people likely to riot just spring up out of nowhere? Maybe they're born with chavvy brains? It's ridiculous. The "chav mindset" was created by a broken society and has been passed on generationally for decades. You don't have to "like them", be trying to defend them, or to not acknowledge that they can definitely be dangerous, to also want to explore and understand the root of the problem OR to feel sorry for the people who are born into families and areas that twist them into angry, violent, selfish people. They were a blank slate, once, and someone ruined them. Hating them, marginalising them, writing them off and attempting to brush them under the carpet is not going to help... it's going to make it exponentially worse as the years go on, as it has been for the last 20 or so years.
Reply 32
Chavs are a response to negative labelling, and they use violence, anger, swearing and bullying as their way of finding power and being noticed.

Why has this been negged? Are you a chav?
(edited 12 years ago)
I hate the way most people see a teenager and automaticly think "oh they are a thug" when tbh most of us aren't!
Yeah there are certain "chavs" that go around stabbing and intimidating people but some "chavs" are the kindest most protective people I have ever met!
Just because they are wearing a tracksuit doesnt mean they have a knife!
I hate the stereo-typing given!:mad:
Reply 34
I'm sure someone on the internet 'The Chav Room' are all taking the piss out of middle class student types who support the UAF.

Chill out.
i was born and raised in Holland but have been living in England for some years.

to be honest i never knew CHAVS even existed while i was living in Holland. for some reason England seem to be the only country in Europe to have that problem.

i actually believe that Labour/free housing is to blame we did not have free council houses and NHS in Holland

The reason why i dont like them is that i was violently attacked by CHAVS when i was new in England

I actually avoid eye contact because i dont to get attacked or even stabbed
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
Chavs tend to be jealous of those around them and don't do any hard work to try and rise up themselves....without violence and not including gang order either.
Original post by Bill_Gates
this is poverty that is being fed by the government which creates an attitude.

Looting equates to poverty?
Hate? Really? Hate?

You create a subculture and decide you hate all of them based on a rough stereotype? ... Because I'm sure you all know all of the "chavs" and have met their mothers and can form a balance view on their personalities?

I acknowledge that "chav" isn't supposed to be synonymous with "working class young men", but I believe that SOME people struggle to differentiate.

Does anybody suppose that the "chav" (I shall refer to them as such, with "the" as a prefix, because very few posters seem to recognise that they are human) wasn't born to be anti-social, violent and generally rebellious? Of course, because they were genetically programed that way; coming from a great lineage of thugs and scroungers.

Let us consider some external factors for the "chav". Generally speaking, "chavs" come from poor socio-economic backgrounds. Generally speaking, they have not achieved well in the education system. Often, they have poor role-models.

Consider material deprivation, cultural deprivation, capital deprivation and umpteen other reasons for the "chav's" anti-social behaviour. Naturally, there will never be an absolute consensus on this, but why does it evoke hate?

Pity? perhaps. Maybe even fear? I think foreboding is a good one; our society is in such a state that this subculture exists without outreach.
Reply 39
Original post by CJM13
Apparently it isn't just the "chavs" that are uneducated.

God I hate (most) conservatives and their elitist view on things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending