The Student Room Group

Been ditched for 'christmas' night out. How to react?

I don't know how to react in this situation.

My friend got in touch about a week and a half ago saying we needed out christmas night out, and she'd even organised a plan. I agreed, saying it sounded like a great plan and that was that.

So a few days ago I get in touch to confirm what we're going to do in terms of meeting...and hear nothing. I thought that was strange so left it, and got in touch again this morning. Still nothing. It's not like she's disappeared off the face of the planet because she's been uploading pics of another night out to facebook. I'm really, really bloody annoyed about her leaving me hanging with these plans.

What now? Not only am I gutted about being stuck in, I can't believe she'd be so rude.
Reply 1
*she's meant to be one of my closest friends as well, not just someone I hang around with now and again.
You might just be interpreting this too negatively. She could've lost her phone at that last party, have no credit, no battery or just isn't receiving them. I wouldn't jump to conclusions. When the 'night out' you two have planned comes, then maybe she finds it necessary to let you know where to meet etc ?
Reply 3
Original post by whispercally
You might just be interpreting this too negatively. She could've lost her phone at that last party, have no credit, no battery or just isn't receiving them. I wouldn't jump to conclusions. When the 'night out' you two have planned comes, then maybe she finds it necessary to let you know where to meet etc ?

I considered these things. But she'd been posting on twitter, and this morning posted about her night out last night. Obviously if she'd lost her phone I'd understand but she could easily get in touch via the internet and hasn't tried to.

Tonight is meant to be the night out! I would never leave someone hanging like that, so they could make other plans.
Oh, then this has happened to me before. Turned out my mate didn't mean it, well, she thought it wasn't going to happen since we hadn't talked about it enough so I turned up at her house and she was out since she didn't know it was going ahead.

Hmm, if its tonight that's a problem. I'd just doubt it really. If she has lost her phone though, how can she reply to your texts any other way since she hasn't seen them?
Reply 5
Original post by whispercally
Oh, then this has happened to me before. Turned out my mate didn't mean it, well, she thought it wasn't going to happen since we hadn't talked about it enough so I turned up at her house and she was out since she didn't know it was going ahead.

Hmm, if its tonight that's a problem. I'd just doubt it really. If she has lost her phone though, how can she reply to your texts any other way since she hasn't seen them?

Well, that's true about the phone. But as she hasn't posted anything on Facebook about losing her phone, I doubt that's happened.

Plus, whether she got the texts or not, I'd kind of expect her to get in touch seeing as it was tonight. It's fee;s a bit rubbish to realise I've really been looking forward to this, whereas eshe's either forgot/isn't bothered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending