The Student Room Group

Am i too old to go to University?

hi :smile:
I'm 21 and i would love a career in Musical Theatre. I'm really worried that i'll be too old by the time i finish university, to get work!
Is 21 too old for university and for this kind of career?

I worry a lot :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
If you're really passionate about it, go for it. Don't let age stop you.
Reply 3
No, we live in progressive times, most, if not all universities have zimmer frame access and ramps now
No way are you too old. :P
Original post by Gemmainrainbows

I'm 21 and i would love a career in Musical Theatre. I'm really worried that i'll be too old by the time i finish university, to get work!

in my class group at uni there's a 26 yo and we all like him more than most of the people our own age i mean sure we make jokes and call him old yin but we all have a good laugh and he fits in

OF COURSE YOUR NOT! maybe if you said 30 I would say you wouldn't fit in, but your 21...
Reply 7
There are 50 year olds studying first degrees here. 21 is not too old.
Reply 8
There's a guy who's over 40 and it's really akward to have him at uni but 21 is definitely realllyy young bro. Usually all German (especially guys) start uni at 20-21 so no problem bro
No, I started at 22. You'll be fine.
21 is cool, not too old
Far, far too old. Anyone over eighteen in their first year at university is automatically a freak and noboby will even consider sitting near you, let alone talking to you.

Oh wait. It's pretty average to be starting aged 21 at university these days.

Nobody will care in the least.
No, you're not too old :smile:
Nah, there's a woman in her 60s in one of my lectures, and there's a guy of 26 in my halls, so you're definitely not too old :smile:

If you're worried about work afterwards, just keep some relevant work ticking over whilst at uni. Nothing to worry about.
I was reading about this pensioner the other week who just finished a degree.
Reply 16
Nah not at all, there are people older than you in my college!
Reply 17
no ur not. theres a 40 year old in me english class and history lecture. for musical theatre they'll be a couple of ppl aged at least 20, so dont worry. bein 3 years or maybe 4 yrs older doesnt make a difference- id say as long as ur under 29 its fine to live in halls
Reply 18
Original post by Duncan8
There's a guy who's over 40 and it's really akward to have him at uni but 21 is definitely realllyy young bro. Usually all German (especially guys) start uni at 20-21 so no problem bro

Oh dear.
When I finish my degree, I'll be 22 - and I'm hoping to do graduate medicine, so no, you're not alone xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending