Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Illustration BA Brighton?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to Illustration BA at Brighton?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Yeah i am! Have you heard anything from them yet? I only sent my ucas off on the 12th Jan
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am! A bit miffed that the deadline is coming up fast. I'm curious about the interview process because I'm from Canada, I wonder how they will get a chance to talk to me? Don't know what they will ask. lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have sUbmitted my online portfolio on 16 of February and since then didn't hear anything from them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia"Bright")
    I have sUbmitted my online portfolio on 16 of February and since then didn't hear anything from them.
    Did you submit it through flickr? Sometimes you can tell if they've seen your work when your page hit counts goes up. It's kinda fun to see what they're looking at.

I didn't get an answer yet but I think they'll start interviewing soon next week. That's what I've been told.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've also submitted my flickr portfolio to them a while ago but still haven't heard anything, a little worried :P Everywhere else have already replied but Brighton is my first choice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amylou19)
    I've also submitted my flickr portfolio to them a while ago but still haven't heard anything, a little worried :P Everywhere else have already replied but Brighton is my first choice.
    I think it could be a first come first serve kinda thing. If you applied early, I imagine you'd get the first response. According the guideline, it could take them a month before they tell you if you're in or not. Nerve wrecking, I know but everyone has to be patient.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe that is the case, since i only submitted mine like the day before the deadline. Ill be so gutted if i don't even get an interview. Where have you all applied for apart from Brighton?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amylou19)
    Yeah maybe that is the case, since i only submitted mine like the day before the deadline. Ill be so gutted if i don't even get an interview. Where have you all applied for apart from Brighton?
    I also submitted mine late only because the communications between me and my tutor were totally messed up. Apparently I didn't receive the letter from the school that outlined portfolio instructions and deadlines. For this reason I got an extension so I feel lucky! but I wouldn't be surprised if they take ages to respond, that's just how it is. Program coordinators will take their sweet time.

I applied to University of the arts actually and I got an offer at CCW for foundations. I intended to get a BA in Illustration visual media but I guess foundation courses in Canada are really no help to going abroad with. lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They wanted my e-portfolio on the 10th feb, I was so happy to hear from them. I sent it off around 7pm on the 10th because there was miscommunication between me and my photographer because he had been off ill 3 days prior so he didn't take the photos of my work until the day I had to send it off. I had really bad luck though because it was snowing on and off at the time and the photographer who was meant to be in on the morning of the 10th couldnt had trouble getting in because of it. So he didn't get in until 2pm!I was panicking. I was so upset. Eventually we got the pictures taken and I sorted all the flickr stuff out and sent it! You could imagine how stressed I was though! I was so happy when they asked for the e-portfolio, if only I knew how gruelling the waiting would be xD

One question I wanted to ask you guys is how many pieces of work did you send off cause they asked for 15- 20 ??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I sent 19

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 11, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.