The Student Room Group

AS Sociology-Family and Households

So my sociology exam is in January on the 12th or something like that, and i havent started revising yet! But i really dont know how to revise sociology which is effective because there is so much notes..anyone know a really good way? Im aiming to get a B..
Reply 1
Well you need to get started on your notes
Revise them as you along
Eg when youve covered one topic go over it and do past papers on it
That should help
And keep regularly going over your notes rewrite them and do mind maps stick them on your wall
Reply 2
Original post by pearls
Well you need to get started on your notes
Revise them as you along
Eg when youve covered one topic go over it and do past papers on it
That should help
And keep regularly going over your notes rewrite them and do mind maps stick them on your wall

Yeah Ive started my revision now, im doing mindmaps and then all the topics that link into that main topic if that makes sense..Like parents and children then i draw arrows off to loneparent families, reconstituted families ect with all the info about them. How do you get the high grades?
Reply 3
Original post by hayrep
Yeah Ive started my revision now, im doing mindmaps and then all the topics that link into that main topic if that makes sense..Like parents and children then i draw arrows off to loneparent families, reconstituted families ect with all the info about them. How do you get the high grades?

That sounds good!!!
I did note cards and just past papers the more you do the better
Also getting a good revision guide is useful
Try the " succeed at as sociology" type it into amazon it's an amazing book
Reply 4
Original post by pearls
That sounds good!!!
I did note cards and just past papers the more you do the better
Also getting a good revision guide is useful
Try the " succeed at as sociology" type it into amazon it's an amazing book

I cant find that book on amazon, im really worrying about the exam i feel stressed out because im trying to learn all my notes before i do any papers...i feel im not going to have any time!?
Reply 5
This is the easiest sociology exam you'll ever take, so make it count!
I find condensing information from the text book and putting onto a powerpoint helps me :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by hayrep
I cant find that book on amazon, im really worrying about the exam i feel stressed out because im trying to learn all my notes before i do any papers...i feel im not going to have any time!?

Why don't you revise one topic then do past questions on it
? That way you'll have time for both
Reply 7
Original post by liam1994
This is the easiest sociology exam you'll ever take, so make it count!
I find condensing information from the text book and putting onto a powerpoint helps me :smile:

Really!? And yeah im putting my notes onto mindmaps... How is it the easiest!
Does anybody have any past paper questions?

Im looking for PPQs on all 6 topics of Families and Households.

Cheereo :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by hayrep
Really!? And yeah im putting my notes onto mindmaps... How is it the easiest!

Yep, honestly it is :smile:.

Putting it into a powerpoint just makes them more easily read and I don't really like mindmaps :P
Yep, honestly it is :smile:.

Putting it into a powerpoint just makes them more easily read and I don't really like mindmaps :P

if you dont mind , would you be able to upload them powerpoints on to here please
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone know the grade boundaries for this exam?

Looking at past papers, I see them to rougly be:

45 - A
40 - B
35 - C

If anyone could confirm this, it would be great!
Reply 12
Original post by helpmekid
if you dont mind , would you be able to upload them powerpoints on to here please

I'm afraid they're all on my school network which I can't access from home.
I'm afraid they're all on my school network which I can't access from home.

oh ok thanks :smile: anyway!
Reply 14
IM doing the exam as well and im so worried on how ill manage my revision and on top of that i get too easily distracted :frown: and i also have to manage biology and english which is HELL !!!!!! HELP ANYONE !!!!!!?
Reply 15
What did people put for the sociology exam? The question where it asked about family patterns..what did people put?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending