The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BA1
About £4k in current account and about £180k offshore. I'm keeping that for a house when I graduate though. My university just gave me £800 in bursaries because they think I'm poor :colone:
Well, the joke's on you, as you're only depriving your university and coursemates of funds. :wink:
I'm about £500 into my overdraft but I have roughly £20 000 in a savings account for when I graduate. Bit of that would come in bloody handy right now though...
Reply 222
Original post by Bill_Gates
haha never mind! Haters gona hate.

savings = more than 100k

inheritance is roughly 90'00'000 cash, with a further 25'000'000 assets

please do not believe me if you do not want to.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nirvana
savings = more than 100k

inheritance is roughly 90m cash, with a further 25m assets

please do not believe me if you do not want to.

No, I do believe you. It's not that unusual to be honest.

For the record, I got negged for stating my own savings too. It seems being financially solvent while at university is a very big no-no and you're supposed to be 105% broke or it doesn't count.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 224
Original post by ch0llima
Yeah, I got negged for stating my own savings too.

It seems being financially solvent while at university is a very big no-no and you're supposed to be 105% broke or it doesn't count.

haha agreed
Reply 225
Original post by theronkinator
I'm 22, got £~10,500 ish. None given to me, saved it up when I worked full time in my gap year and birthdays and christmases for years.

thats admirable, congrats
Reply 226
18 years old. £-20.00
Original post by jismith1989
Well, the joke's on you, as you're only depriving your university and coursemates of funds. :wink:

Not really a joke on them when it has zero effect on them, the uni or their course mates (universities deal in millions, £800 is literally pocket change).

As to the original question, -£2800 at the moment. If my only major interest wasn't so expensive (travelling) I'd probably have around £20k though! Kind of shocking when you look at it like that...
Reply 228
Original post by lazy smurf
Currently minus £550 ish.

Lol.I've got -£16. I was starting to feel depressed when everyones account balance.
Student account - £497 overdrawn (my limit is £500)
Current account - 34p
Building society account - £2.50
Wallet - £5.35

So basically around a tenner, but i always get a fair bit of money for christmas which should make the figure respectable again :tongue: I really shouldn't need to enter my overdraft next term because i'm getting a bursary, my rent will be cheaper, theres no christmas presents to buy, i'll be getting plenty of money as it'll be my 21st birthday and i won't have to spend £500 the second my loan comes in.
I've 40,000 my mum and dd give me a 1000 a month to live on but they also pay my tution and for my uni flat so I take the student loan anyway and save it. In addition to this I have a 100,000 trust fund for when I turn 21.
I don't know, and I'm glad I don't know. I probably wouldn't be happy about it.
Reply 232
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
For a second there I thought you meant £21k instead of £21, and I just about **** myself.

Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
That so looked like 21k upon first reading :tongue:

Haha I wish :tongue:
circa. £4410.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 234
£3580 soo far only 19 btw :smile:
£1800 or so.
-£600

With another rent payment due on the first of January.

me so poor.
About £300 to my name at the minute. But £250 in hte banking vortex and £350 on the way end of the month. And I don't pay for my house/bills. Yay! I'm 18.
Reply 238
-£1650

But in January I'll get
£1900 loan
£200 wages
£200 tax refund
£100 travel bursary

So I'll be reeet. I have had a very long and expensive semester.
I don't have a Bank account even

Latest

Trending

Trending