The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nothing... at the moment.

I'm more of a spender rather than a saver.. but when I start my job though I'll be saving £30 a month.
(edited 12 years ago)
currently, 49p
LOLs
Original post by Bill_Gates
21 about 15k in my current account anything else i'd rather not discuss.

Jeez alot of negative rep for speaking the truth, well its 16k now anyway.

dude don't worry some ppl are just jealous coz you've got sooo much money. I'd rather have trillion neg reps and 16K than having all positive rep but an account with a negative balance.

back to OP... I am 18 and have got 9K on my account.....
Reply 243
Just checked and £41.52 ....

I want to cry. Three-weeks' of wages have not gone in. ****ing hate M&S....
Not nearly as much as I'd like...:frown:
Original post by musi_1993
dude don't worry some ppl are just jealous coz you've got sooo much money. I'd rather have trillion neg reps and 16K than having all positive rep but an account with a negative balance.

back to OP... I am 18 and have got 9K on my account.....

Let alone the property i own which is 160k outright shesh.
Seven digits. I'm just trying to live :smug:
If my small investment works out I'll have Millions by tomorrow night

If it doesnt then only £45
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 248
Original post by Bill_Gates
Let alone the property i own which is 160k outright shesh.

It's most likely the fact that it seems that you "boast" about your wealth, sort of rubbing salt into the wound, though judging by the fact that most people claiming they have "pence" are getting Positive reps it could just be please jealousy, either way who cares?

Personally, I've got around £12,000 in my savings and about £3,000 in my current account. Got a few other accounts with large sums in them, but can't touch those until I hit 25 sadly.
Original post by Derfel
It's most likely the fact that it seems that you "boast" about your wealth, sort of rubbing salt into the wound, though judging by the fact that most people claiming they have "pence" are getting Positive reps it could just be please jealousy, either way who cares?

Personally, I've got around £12,000 in my savings and about £3,000 in my current account. Got a few other accounts with large sums in them, but can't touch those until I hit 25 sadly.

How and where did you get soo much money from? Just asking !
Currently have £3500 in my bank and I'm 17 :wink:
Reply 251
Original post by helpmekid
How and where did you get soo much money from? Just asking !

My savings and current account money is merely what I've been saving up over the past 5 years, I've been spending very frugally and it's worked out rather well. The other savings are just amounts that my parents starts saving up when I was born for after I graduate to spend on a house or whatever I see fit.
Original post by Derfel

Not really i recieved negs for just stating the sum but then i thought i'd have some fun :smile:.
About -£250 in my current account, and about £4000 in an ISA.

Ofcourse that's not taking into account my student loan...
Not loads £600 after christmas shopping.
Original post by Derfel
My savings and current account money is merely what I've been saving up over the past 5 years, I've been spending very frugally and it's worked out rather well. The other savings are just amounts that my parents starts saving up when I was born for after I graduate to spend on a house or whatever I see fit.

oh nice ! :smile: your saving plan has worked very well!
Reply 256
Original post by ch0llima
No, I do believe you. It's not that unusual to be honest.

For the record, I got negged for stating my own savings too. It seems being financially solvent while at university is a very big no-no and you're supposed to be 105% broke or it doesn't count.

Over £100million isn't unusual?
Reply 257
I'm 16 and have £536.76 in my bank :tongue: I started with about £300 and I have only been saving for 2 months because I've only had a job for two months, and have yet to be paid for the extra Christmas hours I worked! I hope by the time I start university I'll have £2500 in my bank at least. I would have more but I go out with friends a lot and just spent money buying Christmas presents.
Reply 258
Original post by morris743
Over £100million isn't unusual?

With nearly a million members on this forum, it's not really unusual to find one of them who will inherit a fortune.
Reply 259
Original post by Derfel
With nearly a million members on this forum, it's not really unusual to find one of them who will inherit a fortune.

Oh. I was assuming he meant that it was more common than you'd think.

You may be right.

Latest

Trending

Trending