The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

£130ish. I was in the overdraft for a year so this is me making progress...
Original post by Shadowplay
£130ish. I was in the overdraft for a year so this is me making progress...

Good for you, clearing overdraft's can be really difficult to clear.
£1514 :biggrin: and I'm 16.

Saved up from birthdays and other occasions (like Eid holidays). I only like to do window shopping and prefer the feeling that if I want something, I have the means to buy it...and that's how I don't spend much on clothes/shoes etcs. I like keeping my money instead!

...I take the having money-as-a-safety-net thing quite seriously. :colondollar:
Original post by sevenbooks
£1514 :biggrin: and I'm 16.

Saved up from birthdays and other occasions (like Eid holidays). I only like to do window shopping and prefer the feeling that if I want something, I have the means to buy it...and that's how I don't spend much on clothes/shoes etcs. I like keeping my money instead!

...I take the having money-as-a-safety-net thing quite seriously. :colondollar:

Well done to you :smile:

I take it very seriously as well, it's good to meet other like-minded individuals on here.
Absolutely nothing. Minus several thousand, if you're being precise. Hopefully not for much longer, and I can be in the black for the first time in 8 years or so.
Reply 385
£359,871.00

£350,000 is inherited.
Reply 386
-£1,450.

Gotta love being a Student :smile:
Original post by Rami101
£359,871.00

£350,000 is inherited.

You've got it sussed buddy, nice one.
Reply 388
I'd rather keep this anon... but, enough, definitely enough. /flexes epeen
Reply 389
Can I have some...lol
I just tied up 7,200 of my savings for 6 years at a good interest rate.
Reply 391
-£778.50, does anyone know when the student loan comes in because i need to buy my train ticket and i have reached my overdraft limit :frown:
I'm 18 and at the moment I have about 4k in an ISA and then about 1k to live on for the rest of the term. The 4k was mostly from inheritance though, I haven't actually saved much :p: It all isn't very much though as I want to do a year abroad for which I have not nearly enough :emo:
Original post by ad99797
-£778.50, does anyone know when the student loan comes in because i need to buy my train ticket and i have reached my overdraft limit :frown:

The first day of the semester i think. Mine was paid on Monday, which is when semester (or rather exam period) started.

So, I currently have money, which is slightly more than no money, but less than more money.
Im currently on course to have racked up £1850 by the beginning of next month, hows everyone else getting on?
£1000 (probably less now about £950) but it's because my parents has disappeared to Hong Kong travelling for 3 months so it's just for food for 3 months, and the occasional travel back to visit my grandma, for food and keep her company for the weekends.
Original post by Ducklighter
£1000 (probably less now about £950) but it's because my parents has disappeared to Hong Kong travelling for 3 months so it's just for food for 3 months, and the occasional travel back to visit my grandma, for food and keep her company for the weekends.

I see. So are you at uni at the moment? Its good to have a fair bit of money stashed away for situations like that.
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
I see. So are you at uni at the moment? Its good to have a fair bit of money stashed away for situations like that.

Yup. Before when I had a job but I never really spent my money to be honest. But because I quit because of uni, I'm constantly worried that I have no money therefore, If I'm going out I'll take like £5 and that's pretty much it. I ALWAYS no matter what have £100 in both my accounts as "emergency" money although it only takes me £7 to go home return if anything happens but it's kind of like if I needed to go to hospital, or elsewhere I have extra money for taxi.

I don't spend too much on food either possibly £10 on food? I tend to keep food buying as low as possible and that's not even buying value items it tended to be some branded but not all but some a few names better than value (can't think what's it called at the moment) but I use things like mysupermarket.com and write down a list of what I want before venturing out to get these items. As I don't have my car with me at uni I walk pretty much everywhere just for like 2p cheaper jar of sauce but I think about the money I save and stuff.

However if I want something I do LOADS of research like a year or two of research before buying that said item because I want to make sure that it's definitely one for me. Then I do a month of shopping around for the cheapest deals and stuff.
17,000 now.
£342.68 in the bank and £15 in my wallet. I have no outgoing costs which makes £300 a motherf****** joke.

Latest

Trending

Trending