The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
100 quid a week:eek:Do you have any idea how much you have in all these accounts?

...A lot, I don't really want to say how much because I don't want to seem like a ****, but if you're genuinely really curious you can pm me :L
Reply 421
£4

:'(
£1700, although my attempts at saving are pitiful. One of the grants I get at uni entitles me to two £2000 payments a year, and within 2 days of the first one going in, I was down £350 :frown:

I do intend to save money though. Getting to Christmas with next to no money to buy food wasn't fun at all :redface:
Approximately £7500 but it's currently spread between 3 accounts in 2 countries and I have a £900 credit card bill. So my aim for this year is to put at least £5000 but hopefully £8000 in savings (depending on travel plans).
Savings - about £3000. Current - I don't know, I don't check my bank balance because it scares me, but I'm probably overdrawn. If I have any money, it's less than £500.

As a full-time student, this would be an acceptable amount. As a full-time worker, it's pretty shoddy...
£1.58, got my account summary earlier.
Why are so many people excited to have like 20p/48p/£2

I'm confused :s-smilie:
Reply 427
Original post by Moshy887
I'm 21 and have a few hundred in a savings account for everyday use,

I have just $51,000 in a high interest account and just about $7,000 in gold coins and bars.

I have no debt and drive a brand new car I bought cash.

I left school in grade 8 and have been running little start up businesses since then!

Libe life to the full guys!

Can't buy many gold bars for 7000 dollars, or 51000 for that matter
Reply 428
£5,000 @18 yrs old

Starting a business within the next few months.
Reply 429
Gold Coins and Bars don't exist

Yes, they do...

Gold bullion = bars

Sovereigns / Krugerrands etc = coins
Gold Coins and Bars don't exist

?????????????
-£1740

Ugh.
Reply 432
£10k in shares -£1k in graduate account (no interest on debt for another 6 months) owe parents £1k

Start new job today £80k, maybe more with overtime :biggrin:

21 years old
**** all really and I'm a 23 yr old grad.

£120 saved and about - £1400 in the graduate account. Aim for 2012- Be released from the overdraft's grip.

At the moment it's pay day: woo almost in the black!
Pay rent/bills/ travel: ahh damn-back in the red

with a couple of hundred for a month and I blow it coz material things make me happy or I agree to a few pub meet ups with my comparatively better off friends.. :sad:

This year I've not splurged on anything so I'm pretty proud. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Woody6100
£10k in shares -£1k in graduate account (no interest on debt for another 6 months) owe parents £1k

Start new job today £80k, maybe more with overtime :biggrin:

21 years old

Interesting first post. What job is it? Dragon slayer? Tooth fairy? Quidditch player?
...33p :frown:
Reply 436
Original post by Dr Good Manners
Interesting first post. What job is it? Dragon slayer? Tooth fairy? Quidditch player?

No Mr sarcasm i'm working overseas for a mining company.
I'm applying for a number of jobs at the moment, as I am very keen to supplement my income and save as much as possible for uni. Sort of stuck at £1500 at the moment though.
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
I'm applying for a number of jobs at the moment, as I am very keen to supplement my income and save as much as possible for uni. Sort of stuck at £1500 at the moment though.

If you're unhappy with that amount, I can take it off your hands ;D
Reply 439
20 years old with £3000 in my savings account and £1100 in the current account. Been working for the past 18 months and also just bought a car.

Latest

Trending

Trending