Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Oh you :tongue:

Have we met, lol. :smile:
Original post by SoNottingH
Have we met, lol. :smile:

I don't believe we have. So you are a fellow saver are you? :smile:
I don't believe we have. So you are a fellow saver are you? :smile:

Haha, one tries, one tries. I am at school still though, so not too many opportunities to earn money so far, it mainly comes from family. :smile: You?
Haha, one tries, one tries. I am at school still though, so not too many opportunities to earn money so far, it mainly comes from family. :smile: You?

Well I have a wee bit saved up just now, and I'm starting a full-time job on 16th July. Until then I'll be working away at my two current jobs, which are bank work, so I just take the shifts as they come. I'm also in the process of joining the Royal Naval Reserves, so I have plenty to keep me busy I suppose, and plenty to gradually increase my savings.
Well I have a wee bit saved up just now, and I'm starting a full-time job on 16th July. Until then I'll be working away at my two current jobs, which are bank work, so I just take the shifts as they come. I'm also in the process of joining the Royal Naval Reserves, so I have plenty to keep me busy I suppose, and plenty to gradually increase my savings.

Gosh, are you training to be an Admiral or something, what fun.
Gosh, are you training to be an Admiral or something, what fun.

Hopefully a medical officer, actually :tongue: So how much do you have saved up then, or is it a big secret?
minus a lot.

Love being a student.
Reply 769
About 10k but that is 2.5k in my current account and the rest is savings - that's got to get me through uni though as I am 18. I only have healthy finances though as I work 20+ weeks on top of sixth form :/
Original post by YByrne
About 10k but that is 2.5k in my current account and the rest is savings - that's got to get me through uni though as I am 18. I only have healthy finances though as I work 20+ weeks on top of sixth form :/

Very well done to you, that's a very good work ethic that you have there :smile:

Is there anything in particular that you're saving up for, or are you just generally saving up for the future?
Original post by MissLightyear
~£2000 in savings account which is just any money Ive been given for my bithday over the last 18 years, rather than spending it I saved it for uni.

~£250 in my usable account, but I am awaiting payday! Although saying that I do need to pay my mum my share of the rent yet :frown:

Congratulations to you, that's very disciplined of you. Do you have any plans for the money, or are you just going to keep saving up for the foreseeable future?
Reply 772
£4000
Every payday I've put half into my savings :smile:. I've just turned 18.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Congratulations to you, that's very disciplined of you. Do you have any plans for the money, or are you just going to keep saving up for the foreseeable future?

It'll be used as an emergency fund at uni and then if I dont have to use it it's something to live off if I cant get a job straight from uni as I cant go full time in my current one
1k - Actually seems to be below average for an 18 year old :s-smilie:
Original post by Mr Einstein
1k - Actually seems to be below average for an 18 year old :s-smilie:

It's well above average mate believe me, it's just the people who are attracted to this thread are obviously the type to intentionally save money, whereas literally millions of other 18 year olds really aren't.
Original post by Jippet
£4000
Every payday I've put half into my savings :smile:. I've just turned 18.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well done to you sir, that's incredibly well-disciplined of you.
It's well above average mate believe me, it's just the people who are attracted to this thread are obviously the type to intentionally save money, whereas literally millions of other 18 year olds really aren't.

Haha true true, bit o'show boat in all of us I guess!
Original post by Mr Einstein
Haha true true, bit o'show boat in all of us I guess!

Och aye.
Original post by sizzle232
Dear 'pleb',

I never neg you because you have no money.
I had none, but I have worked my butt off and taken huge risks.
Before that, I was also a 'pleb'

From,

Ex-'pleb'

P.S. Why do you feel the need to label oneself?

I find you to be incredibly arrogant. You negged that user, when they stated that they didn't have much money and you said yourself that you yourself were like that once.

Again, I won't say what I have in the bank, but I will say it's higher than a lot of the replies here, though there are many who have higher than me

I will say however that I have 52 Million Ugandan dollars to give away
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending