The Student Room Group

The pill- microgynon 30

I recently decided to go on the pill for the first time.I started taking Microgynon 30 on thursday. For the first two days of taking it I had no side effects. Yesterday night was awful though. After taking the pill just before I went to bed, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really naseous and vomited 3 times. The only thing that could have caused the vomiting was the pill. I'm going to try and see the doctor on monday but today, I really don't want to take the pill and have another night like yesterday. I'm not sure what to do, should I carry on persevering with it or would it be ok to skip taking it today?
Im on that pill and the same happened to me, just take it as normal, yes the side effects are unpleasant, mine lasted 5-7 days if I remember correctly, but then had no problems and have found its a very good pill, didnt make me change weight at all, id still see your doctor and see what he says though.
Reply 2
I've been taking it for 9 years... No probs at all, can't remember if there were any initial side effects, but don't think there were.

The pill doesn't work if you have been vomiting, so it wouldn't make any sense for that to be a regular side effect.

However, if you are unsure then your Dr will advise you further of course.
Hope you feel better soon.
Reply 3
When i first started taking it I was feeling exactly the same but after a week or so I was absolutely fine, its just your body adjusting to it.
took the pill for a year and never felt pukey...guess it affects people differently.
Reply 5
It gave me a very bad skin rash, but no sickness.

I'm now on Nornyl-1 and that's been good for me so far (been on it for 1 and a half years now).
Original post by ihaveyourcat
I recently decided to go on the pill for the first time.I started taking Microgynon 30 on thursday. For the first two days of taking it I had no side effects. Yesterday night was awful though. After taking the pill just before I went to bed, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really naseous and vomited 3 times. The only thing that could have caused the vomiting was the pill. I'm going to try and see the doctor on monday but today, I really don't want to take the pill and have another night like yesterday. I'm not sure what to do, should I carry on persevering with it or would it be ok to skip taking it today?

I would keep taking it (just to get it into your system), I had some side effects when I started taking Microgynon but after the first week I was fine on it.

Go see your Dr if it's not working for you and they will put you on an alternative (like Marvelon). Microgynon isn't for everyone. A lot of girls say they get mood swings with it as well.xxx
I took microgynon for a week and a half before I got any noticeable side effects...though have felt extremely nauseous today with no other reason other than it must be the pill! It's completely normal though and should settle in a few days. If you're worried though, contact your GP or whoever prescribed you the pill...sure they'd be more than happy to put your mind at rest. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest